+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sir Keir Starmer faces the spectre of a rival 'real Labour' party led by Jeremy Corbyn, friends of the ex-party leader claimed last night.

Re: Sir Keir Starmer faces the spectre of a rival 'real Labour' party led by Jeremy Corbyn, friends of the ex-party leader claimed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He won’t be getting my vote because I’m going to vote for the party most likely to get your lot out - that’s the priority for the next election.
    Monster Raving Looney party then Bob!

Re: Sir Keir Starmer faces the spectre of a rival 'real Labour' party led by Jeremy Corbyn, friends of the ex-party leader claimed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    I'm thinking the Reform Party are the best of a bad bunch. You'll vote Tory lite with Starmer and love it
    Hang on, with me I was voting Labour because I’m in a hard left echo chamber on Twitter - it was the other guy accusing me of being Tory Lite. You need to make your mind up - that or remember what your multis are saying

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Monster Raving Looney party then Bob!
    , don’t give me ideas Elwood.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't care and I am bored of philosophical pseudo debate

Keep the tories out

It's no more complicated than that
    Nothing philosophical about it Sludge. You point elsewhere and say "don't let them in!" And yet the social and economic outcomes are better there. It's as simple as that.

The philosophical element to it is why people like you, Bob and so many others in Wales still go along with what demonstrably seems to make little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Nothing philosophical about it Sludge. You point elsewhere and say "don't let them in!" And yet the social and economic outcomes are better there. It's as simple as that.

The philosophical element to it is why people like you, Bob and so many others in Wales still go along with what demonstrably seems to make little sense.
    The tories are fecking England up the arsenal

Thats why the opinion polls suggest they are going to get booted out

The opinion polls I Wales show that whilst a lot of people are going to give the current Labour government a bloody nose the vast majority of voters in wales would rather anyone but your lot

And that's great as far as I am concerned so you trying to tell us how thick we are is a waste of precious air

The tories are fecking England up the arsenal

Thats why the opinion polls suggest they are going to get booted out

The opinion polls I Wales show that whilst a lot of people are going to give the current Labour government a bloody nose the vast majority of voters in wales would rather anyone but your lot

And that's great as far as I am concerned so you trying to tell us how thick we are is a waste of precious air
    No one is saying you are thick, just trying to understand your logic, because whatever definition you use to define 'fecking up' things, it seems things are worse here.

No one is saying you are thick, just trying to understand your logic, because whatever definition you use to define 'fecking up' things, it seems things are worse here.
    It's a reflection of the Tories rather than people blindly voting Labour. People don't forget Jim, the Tories waged a war on The working class in Wales which caused deep rooted harm that we have never recovered from. It was an attack. So, yeah you're right, Welsh Labour, Parliamentary Labour are horse shit, Ask yourself why people in Wales wont touch the Tories? And it isn't because we would vote for a Donkey in red, blah blah..... That's an insult to the communities that were decimated by the tories, it's calling them stupid, they're not, they just don't have an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a reflection of the Tories rather than people blindly voting Labour. People don't forget Jim, the Tories waged a war on The working class in Wales which caused deep rooted harm that we have never recovered from. It was an attack. So, yeah you're right, Welsh Labour, Parliamentary Labour are horse shit, Ask yourself why people in Wales wont touch the Tories? And it isn't because we would vote for a Donkey in red, blah blah..... That's an insult to the communities that were decimated by the tories, it's calling them stupid, they're not, they just don't have an option.
    Very well stated Tuerto

I'd add that many of us vote out of principle and ethical persuasion rather than for selfish pragmatic reasons.

I find the following core Tory principles morally repugnant:

Aspiration
    Small Government
    Unequal distribution of wealth
    Greed is good
    Survival of the fittest
    Hierarchical authority and status

....how could I possibly vote for that?

People in Wales vote Labour because they pigeon hole Tories as English politicians.

The working class attacked itself when unions went too far , and many UK working class jobs as everything manfacturing went off shore , Blair assisted that move .

Bloody Harold Wilson closed more mines than Thatcher, Blair brought in private NHS services to fund waiting list reductions.

It's just small man syndrome In Wales .

Now a few socalist realise Sir Kier is a Tory you will see them migrate to ( I'm green or Plaid ) while secretly voting in Labour Lite.

Such fun .

Plenty of hypocrisy.

Starmer , blind with one leg and amnesia will be better than the filth
    Just because he's under the name "Labour"
    You're a mad one

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    People in Wales vote Labour because they pigeon hole Tories as English politicians.

The working class attacked itself when unions went too far , and many UK working class jobs as everything manfacturing went off shore , Blair assisted that move .

Bloody Harold Wilson closed more mines than Thatcher, Blair brought in private NHS services to fund waiting list reductions.

It's just small man syndrome In Wales .

Now a few socalist realise Sir Kier is a Tory you will see them migrate to ( I'm green or Plaid ) while secretly voting in Labour Lite.

Such fun .

Plenty of hypocrisy.
    No , Harold Wilson DIDNT close more mines than your lover thatcher

Plenty of articles out there on this myth

I vote Labour because I hate the tories

And this is going to shock you .....but outside of the south east of England.....most English people don't vote for the tossers either !

You come on here kissing the tory machine thinking it's just us small minded Taff's that hate their selfish ways

You are doing the work of the devil

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Just because he's under the name "Labour"
    You're a mad one
    I would rather die than vote tory

I would even vote green if there was no other option

It's not for a disciple like following of Labour

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hang on, with me I was voting Labour because I’m in a hard left echo chamber on Twitter - it was the other guy accusing me of being Tory Lite. You need to make your mind up - that or remember what your multis are saying
    No, i was referring to your ever increasing hostile attitude over the years. You're voting for, and backing Tory-lite because you're full of hate for Conservative.

Plenty of evidence here that there is a deep cultural, borderline religious attraction to the Labour party, or at least against the Conservative party.

I think we all know that a decent amount of people carry that belief, with perhaps the miners strike being the single greatest issue to cement all that, although there are others of course.

I get all that. My mum will vote Labour irrespective of anything. She doesn't care much about them, just goes out and votes every year or so in much the same way she is nominally a Christian but only goes to church for Christmas etc.

Anyway, it's interesting, especially when there seems to be little evidence presented that a quarter of a century of the Welsh Govt has made our lives better. For me, a toddler during the age of Thatcher, it doesn't help convince me they've done a good job.

No , Harold Wilson DIDNT close more mines than your lover thatcher

Plenty of articles out there on this myth

I vote Labour because I hate the tories

And this is going to shock you .....but outside of the south east of England.....most English people don't vote for the tossers either !

You come on here kissing the tory machine thinking it's just us small minded Taff's that hate their selfish ways
    You are doing the work of the devil
    Howard Wilson was Prime Minister for five years. Thatcher for more than ten. I don't know about Wilson closing more mines than Thatcher but I'm pretty certain Labour did.

And why? The 1950s every train, nearly every power station and nearly every house was powered by coal. By the 1980s barely any train was, many power stations werent and gas central heating was in millions of homes.

Unfortunately this happened across the west. I don't dispute it was a very difficult time and a situation very badly handled by both Thatcher and Scargil IMO. I love the valleys and can see how some of the communities there took decades to recover, if at all in some cases.

Not sure who is selfish here, but given the appalling recent education figures for Wales, maybe the selfish ones are those who put their inherent political beliefs over those of the next generation? Just a thought.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/e...again-28216255

Howard Wilson was Prime Minister for five years. Thatcher for more than ten. I don't know about Wilson closing more mines than Thatcher but I'm pretty certain Labour did.

And why? The 1950s every train, nearly every power station and nearly every house was powered by coal. By the 1980s barely any train was, many power stations werent and gas central heating was in millions of homes.

Unfortunately this happened across the west. I don't dispute it was a very difficult time and a situation very badly handled by both Thatcher and Scargil IMO. I love the valleys and can see how some of the communities there took decades to recover, if at all in some cases.

Not sure who is selfish here, but given the appalling recent education figures for Wales, maybe the selfish ones are those who put their inherent political beliefs over those of the next generation? Just a thought.

I don't care

I will never vote tory

Nor will most of Wales

The end of debate

I absolutely know that Thatcher closed more mines than Harold Wilson

Fact

So, some people don't want to vote for Party 'A' who vet all local candidates at central office HQ to make sure everybody is on the same page, and their leader attends WEF meetings, but they are going to vote for Party 'B' who vet all local candidates at central office HQ to make sure everybody is on the same page, and their leader attends WEF meetings. Meanwhile, the extreme far left communist/nazi Corbyn is satan reincarnated

I absolutely know that Thatcher closed more mines than Harold Wilson

Fact
    I don't dispute that Sludge.

I just care more about the fact our school kids are performing so much worse than those in England rather than the policies associated with someone who was in power 40 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Meanwhile, the extreme far left communist/nazi Corbyn is satan reincarnated
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What?
    Extreme Left, Corbyn? Nah, just 'Left' The Twitter and YouTube videos( Both of which are mainstream media outlets) are doing the trick with the ' Freethinkers '

Extreme Left, Corbyn? Nah, just 'Left' The Twitter and YouTube videos( Both of which are mainstream media outlets) are doing the trick with the ' Freethinkers '
    I'd vote for him

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'd vote for him
    And me

And me
    The new tory slogan,if Starmer wins,back to square one.
    Every interveiw they all speak from the same sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    The new tory slogan,if Starmer wins,back to square one.
    Every interveiw they all speak from the same sheet.
    It's all nonsense, they are two sides of the same coin and there will be no change on the major issues.