Speed limit in Wales changed to 25mph

Technically as no prosection below 26mph, that's got to be a start

Re: Speed limit in Wales changed to 25mph

Anyone else see the “clown” talking about this

Like a sketch out of The Two Ronnie’s

It's a circus down there

let's be fair , you won't be happy until you're allowed to drive at 150 everywhere

International

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    let's be fair , you won't be happy until you're allowed to drive at 150 everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    if your chauffeur isn't doing 170 everywhere , sack him!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Anyone else see the “clown” talking about this

Like a sketch out of The Two Ronnie’s
    I may not agree with much of what NCB says about the subject, but I've never called him a clown.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I may not agree with much of what NCB says about the subject, but I've never called him a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Technically as no prosection below 26mph, that's got to be a start
    All that money for 4mph….was over the Heath hospital today, jeez they could do with a big chunk of cash

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    All that money for 4mph….was over the Heath hospital today, jeez they could do with a big chunk of cash
    If we hadn't been forced to contribute to HS2 imagine how much more we'd have?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we hadn't been forced to contribute to HS2 imagine how much more we'd have?
    Would have been wasted by the wag anyway…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Would have been wasted by the wag anyway…..
    Yes, more money to spend on health and education would have been wasted.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, more money to spend on health and education would have been wasted.....
    No no, blowing it on road signs and airports was much better….3 weekly bin collections on the way soon I see too as council have no money apart from building cycle lanes

I've just braved the snow bomb and driven to Rumney and back maintaining 20 mph on the required roads, feel cheated !!!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...ebook-28449407

interesting article on some of the vocal opposition groups to the 20mph limit ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

interesting article on some of the vocal opposition groups to the 20mph limit ..
    Nobody is more anti-Tory than me, but I don't see how it makes any difference who set up these Facebook groups. If they were trying to push an agenda, fair enough, but I don't think that's the case here. It might be trying to cash in on something unpopular, but let's face it, the roll out of 20mph is deeply unpopular, even among Labour voters.

International

He's doing a good job alerting the Welsh public and putting pressure on Labour to make changes and push out Drippy, that's what opposition parties are supposed to do.

He's doing a good job alerting the Welsh public and putting pressure on Labour to make changes and push out Drippy, that's what opposition parties are supposed to do.
    Miles and Born Guessing both pushing into the long grass - of we might have a review etc - none of them have the b0ll0x to say it was a stupid idea. They have also appointed the same person that introduced it to possibly look into a review Lee (dumb@ss) Waters. Talk about marking your own homework.

And then to talk about having different speed limits for vehicles ie buses and taxies at 25-30 - everyone else at 20 - wtf

What i find interesting is that there is no data already. In this article, it again states that as as accidents and deaths will be dramatically cut over the decade. I know it takes time to get a full picture, but its been operational for several months now. There should already be some data?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What i find interesting is that there is no data already. In this article, it again states that as as accidents and deaths will be dramatically cut over the decade. I know it takes time to get a full picture, but its been operational for several months now. There should already be some data?
    I think it'll be a year before you can really see the impact

Maybe not the best phrase to use under the circumstances, but I agree - seems to me that figures for the year 2024 will offer the first definite comparison you can make. My guess is that any difference will not be too hig.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's a good point. All this data used to be regular. Now it isn't.

Whilst wholeheartedly campaigning for more 20mph zones where he lives.
    No-one is pushing out 'Drippy' by the way. I assume you mean Mark Drakeford, and he's leaving of his own accord in a couple of months.
    If you're looking for a politician to push out, the tories in Wales would have a better chance of being a more effective opposition, if they pushed out their current leader.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Whilst wholeheartedly campaigning for more 20mph zones where he lives.
    No-one is pushing out 'Drippy' by the way. I assume you mean Mark Drakeford, and he's leaving of his own accord in a couple of months.
    If you're looking for a politician to push out, the tories in Wales would have a better chance of being a more effective opposition, if they pushed out their current leader.
    This caused mayhem and big backlash and became an embarrassment in an election year 20mph was the final nail.

He'll leave knowing he made Wales much worse and slower in every aspect especially every NHS waiting time possible.

I totally agree, and it does take time to collate statistics and for policies to bed in etc.

Nonetheless, several months should see a pattern begin to impact. We have already been told that the average speed has reduced. I am surprised there is nothing so far on reduced levels of accidents etc