+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed limit in Wales changed to 25mph

Re: Speed limit in Wales changed to 25mph

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What i find interesting is that there is no data already. In this article, it again states that as as accidents and deaths will be dramatically cut over the decade. I know it takes time to get a full picture, but its been operational for several months now. There should already be some data?
    I think it'll be a year before you can really see the impact

What i find interesting is that there is no data already. In this article, it again states that as as accidents and deaths will be dramatically cut over the decade. I know it takes time to get a full picture, but its been operational for several months now. There should already be some data?
    It's a good point. All this data used to be regular. Now it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Maybe not the best phrase to use under the circumstances, but I agree - seems to me that figures for the year 2024 will offer the first definite comparison you can make. My guess is that any difference will not be too hig.

International

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...ebook-28449407

interesting article on some of the vocal opposition groups to the 20mph limit ..
    He's doing a good job alerting the Welsh public and putting pressure on Labour to make changes and push out Drippy, that's what opposition parties are supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He's doing a good job alerting the Welsh public and putting pressure on Labour to make changes and push out Drippy, that's what opposition parties are supposed to do.
    Whilst wholeheartedly campaigning for more 20mph zones where he lives.
    No-one is pushing out 'Drippy' by the way. I assume you mean Mark Drakeford, and he's leaving of his own accord in a couple of months.
    If you're looking for a politician to push out, the tories in Wales would have a better chance of being a more effective opposition, if they pushed out their current leader.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Whilst wholeheartedly campaigning for more 20mph zones where he lives.
    No-one is pushing out 'Drippy' by the way. I assume you mean Mark Drakeford, and he's leaving of his own accord in a couple of months.
    If you're looking for a politician to push out, the tories in Wales would have a better chance of being a more effective opposition, if they pushed out their current leader.
    This caused mayhem and big backlash and became an embarrassment in an election year 20mph was the final nail.

He'll leave knowing he made Wales much worse and slower in every aspect especially every NHS waiting time possible.

Miles and Born Guessing both pushing into the long grass - of we might have a review etc - none of them have the b0ll0x to say it was a stupid idea. They have also appointed the same person that introduced it to possibly look into a review Lee (dumb@ss) Waters. Talk about marking your own homework.

And then to talk about having different speed limits for vehicles ie buses and taxies at 25-30 - everyone else at 20 - wtf

I totally agree, and it does take time to collate statistics and for policies to bed in etc.

Nonetheless, several months should see a pattern begin to impact. We have already been told that the average speed has reduced. I am surprised there is nothing so far on reduced levels of accidents etc

International

I totally agree, and it does take time to collate statistics and for policies to bed in etc.

Nonetheless, several months should see a pattern begin to impact. We have already been told that the average speed has reduced. I am surprised there is nothing so far on reduced levels of accidents etc
    Most accidents and deaths especially happen on motorways and dual carriageways anyway.

This is just the most convenient excuse to gradually reduce car ownership and usage, along with road closures, and loads more measures to follow.

Most accidents and deaths especially happen on motorways and dual carriageways anyway.

This is just the most convenient excuse to gradually reduce car ownership and usage, along with road closures, and loads more measures to follow.
    not true, I
    in 2022 the largest number of road casualties and KSI was 30mph, followed by 60mph

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    let's be fair , you won't be happy until you're allowed to drive at 150 everywhere
    if your chauffeur isn't doing 170 everywhere , sack him!

not true, I
    in 2022 the largest number of road casualties and KSI was 30mph, followed by 60mph
    Whats a Youtube star and cross-over boxer got to do with road casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Whats a Youtube star and cross-over boxer got to do with road casualties.
    in this context it means killed and seriously injured to avoid any confusion