+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rubin has stopped growing

Rubin has stopped growing

Cardiff City forward Rubin Colwill says he has finally stopped growing and hopes that will bring an end to an injury-hit spell.

The 21-year-old struggled for consistency last season, regularly missing games due to knocks and injuries.

But Colwill has featured in 14 of the last 15 games for the Bluebirds, as he touches wood that injuries are a thing of the past.

"I have been measuring myself and I’ve not grown too much in the last six months! Hopefully that means the injuries are behind me. Before it was a case of getting used to my new body. That progress is building on the progress I’ve made before."

Re: Rubin has stopped growing

Exactly how tall is he, I wonder?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Exactly how tall is he, I wonder?!
    seems to be about 6'5 or 6'6

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff City forward Rubin Colwill says he has finally stopped growing and hopes that will bring an end to an injury-hit spell.

The 21-year-old struggled for consistency last season, regularly missing games due to knocks and injuries.

But Colwill has featured in 14 of the last 15 games for the Bluebirds, as he touches wood that injuries are a thing of the past.

"I have been measuring myself and I’ve not grown too much in the last six months! Hopefully that means the injuries are behind me. Before it was a case of getting used to my new body. That progress is building on the progress I’ve made before."
    He has been playing great since he has started games, personally I love the link up play between him and Tanner. Chuck Rambo, Ralls, Wyntle and Mani in the mix and that is a midfield with lots of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    seems to be about 6'5 or 6'6
    Tallest in the squad isn't he?

Does this mean that the club can buy him the correct length socks now? He’s been wearing Willy Carlin’s old ones for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Does this mean that the club can buy him the correct length socks now? He’s been wearing Willy Carlin’s old ones for a while.

Not grown “too much” jeezzz he’s still growing.