+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Erol Bulut reveals key transfer target has signed for another club

Erol Bulut reveals key transfer target has signed for another club

Despondent Erol Bulut bemoans Leeds defeat and reveals transfer target has joined another club

https://nation.cymru/sport/erol-bulu...ansfer-target/

Cardiff remain within touching distance of the top six, despite taking only four points from their last seven home games.

Boss Erol Bulut is hoping to strengthen his squad in the January transfer window, but confirmed post-game that Fenerbahce striker target Mehmet Umut Nayir has joined fellow Turkish club Pendikspor.

Bulut said: “He has signed for Pendikspor. I do not know how the transfer window will go for us.

“We have many names on our list, but it is about the finance.”

On the defeat, Bulut added: “I am not in a good mood, this team can give much much more.

“We didn’t expect to lose a game like that. We know Leeds are a strong team but my players respect them too much.”

Daniel Farke hailed Leeds’ “most mature performance” of the season after his side strolled to a 3-0 win at Cardiff.

Fourth-placed Leeds had lost their previous three away games in the Sky Bet Championship, but Patrick Bamford, Daniel James and Georginio Rutter were on target as mid-table Cardiff were swept aside.

“We have had some electrifying performances in the home games with many goals,” said Leeds boss Farke.

“But this was our most mature performance of the whole season.

“Cardiff is always a difficult place to go, to be in so control of the game from the first to the last second makes me pretty happy.

“We kept them totally quiet in their possession and we dominated the ball in a fantastic manner.

“We probably should have scored a few more, but the win was never in doubt and I was especially pleased with the control we had.”

Leeds also had the luxury of missing a penalty at 2-0 ahead with 11 minutes remaining.

Crysencio Summerville struck a post before Rutter rounded off a one-sided contest two minutes from time.

Farke said: “Sometimes when you are so dominant in the first half with a 2-0 lead you are too comfortable and sit back a bit too much.

“But it’s important we stayed with the foot on the gas and pressed them high.

“Cardiff is by far the best side in terms of set-pieces in this league, so it’s important you keep their game from your goal.

“You have to press them high and make sure the ball is in their half and that you are really accurate in your possession.

“I like the mentality. I’ve criticised them in the last away games when we’ve had setbacks – penalties denied and red cards – and found it difficult to grind out a result.

“But we were really on it and showed resilience. It was nice to watch our football, it was pleasing on the eye.”

Re: Erol Bulut reveals key transfer target has signed for another club

I can’t see anyone with any self pride joining us, unless it’s from League 2. As for the article, if anyone says Cardiff is a different place to go one more time I’ll self combust.

If Bulut was a half decent manager he would get his squad of professional footballers playing without embarrassing themselves and the fans. Time for Tan to have a serious look at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    If Bulut was a half decent manager he would get his squad of professional footballers playing without embarrassing themselves and the fans. Time for Tan to have a serious look at him.
    How many of our players would get near their team? Yes we were poor but it’s not a great team we have.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    How many of our players would get near their team? Yes we were poor but it’s not a great team we have.
    On Call Rob, it was suggested that the entire Leeds bench would start for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The entire Leeds bench would probably beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think it’s underplayed how much not being able to spent even on loan fees has hurt us not even considering the big transfers Leeds have paid for players. Doesn’t make it anymore disappointing though.

Erol has had enough. He, wont be here next season
    "We try, we have many names on the list- striker, winger, midfielder, centre-back. But it's everything about the finances and I don’t know where we are and how we can invest. I try to make my best for Cardiff City until the end of the season, with this team or with new players, I hope, but I will try my best for this team until the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I can’t see anyone with any self pride joining us, unless it’s from League 2. As for the article, if anyone says Cardiff is a different place to go one more time I’ll self combust.
    I agree about the difficult place to go remark, but, in fact, it’s true for Leeds. If there’s one team we shouldn’t have been as timid against it’s Leeds - theyve found plenty of ways to lose in Cardiff down the years.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree about the difficult place to go remark, but, in fact, it’s true for Leeds. If there’s one team we shouldn’t have been as timid against it’s Leeds - theyve found plenty of ways to lose in Cardiff down the years.
    There was no way that Leeds team was losing today. They were dominant from start to finish. They may have had some slip-ups but today they were bang on form and there was no stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There was no way that Leeds team was losing today. They were dominant from start to finish. They may have had some slip-ups but today they were bang on form and there was no stopping them.
    Why is it then that Birmingham, Stoke and Preston have beaten them (okay, having their keeper sent off at Preston didn’t help) - even Rotherham took a point off them! Since losing to Norwich, we’ve been starting home league games especially as if we’re a non league side facing Man City in a FA Cup tie.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Erol has had enough. He, wont be here next season
    "We try, we have many names on the list- striker, winger, midfielder, centre-back. But it's everything about the finances and I don’t know where we are and how we can invest. I try to make my best for Cardiff City until the end of the season, with this team or with new players, I hope, but I will try my best for this team until the end of the season
    If that's the case, we might as well get rid of Bulut now (not that I want that) and get Steve Cooper in, on a long term contract. All this chopping and changing from one manager to the next is no good for the players whatsoever. We need some form of stability here at the club

Why is it then that Birmingham, Stoke and Preston have beaten them (okay, having their keeper sent off at Preston didn’t help) - even Rotherham took a point off them! Since losing to Norwich, we’ve been starting home league games especially as if we’re a non league side facing Man City in a FA Cup tie.
    We are a very basic team trying to play the same system as every other team but with L1 players, our godsend is a decent set-play game that nicks points.

Athletically we can't get near enough to kick them but if we could they are generally bigger stronger and quicker as well as better footballers.

We all know the post-premier league squads have declined in both footballing and importantly athletically so we couldn't even go back to Warnock ball if we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    We are a very basic team trying to play the same system as every other team but with L1 players, our godsend is a decent set-play game that nicks points.

Athletically we can't get near enough to kick them but if we could they are generally bigger stronger and quicker as well as better footballers.

We all know the post-premier league squads have declined in both footballing and importantly athletically so we couldn't even go back to Warnock ball if we wanted.
    Between Coventry and Bristol City, we played 8 games without Ramsey. This basic team of L1 players won 5 out of 8, scoring 13, conceding 6, largely without a set piece game to pinch points.

The same players as we have now achieved that. What has changed?

Do you honestly believe we have a worse squad in that regard than the other teams mentioned who have taken points off Leeds recently?

That team lineup today was scared, negative and I still have no idea what it was set out to do. We may have still lost 3-0 with a lineup with Colwill, Tanner and Meite, we might have even lost 6-0 but at least we’d have given it a go and had the chance to do more than just consistently give the ball back to Leeds so they could run rings around us.

The players aren’t good enough but increasingly the manager gives us no chance. The Warnock ball you mentioned was also made initially from a side of cast offs and little regarded additions.

We beat teams of the same level with bits of genius (Colwill & Tanner)

Eric, I have enjoyed your stats over the years and appreciate the work you do. Imagine what it is like with five or six Phd level data analysts with unlimited databases and software. That is every team in the championship.

We are a one-trick pony, with no option to change. Rambo gives us the (Graham Henry days) "X" factor, Colwill gives us that undefendable factor as well and nobody ever expected Collins (to make that pass) and Tanner to do what he did against the jacks

No need to press us, because we will faff around with the ball to look progressive but with no real plan to get the ball to "y" (Ramsey) just wait until they eventually pass it back to the keeper to launch it at a centre forwards who can't trap a bag of cement.

We don't have the players to do what Bulut wants to do but lets be honest all Bulut is doing is what any identikit decent modern manager wants to do. There is no originality

It is catch 22, Do we revert back to a L1 gamplan, budget and players hoping to stay in the championship or see if this bloke can make us contenders but it will cost more. Because we can't play the modern way with L1 players, its is too slow and predictable and we don't have the athletes to play a form of Warnockball

I also think we are incredibly hampered playing with 10 men every game as Collins is nowhere near EFL level (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    If that's the case, we might as well get rid of Bulut now (not that I want that) and get Steve Cooper in, on a long term contract. All this chopping and changing from one manager to the next is no good for the players whatsoever. We need some form of stability here at the club
    I doubt Steve Cooper would come to Cardiff. No one wants to manage a team of misfits with no money to spend on decent players.

Because Leeds' form has been patchy. But yesterday they played with confidence and swagger. Maybe it was that Bamford goal that turned things around for them.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bulut walk. He's got as far as he can with the squad he's inherited. It's sad to see Siopis dragged down to the level we are. Tan is a waste of space. The club is stale. I don't think there's any more he can do. There are no tactics for this squad that would work. No other manager could work with this squad. Avoiding relegation was his brief. If I were him I'd get out of the club faster than a whippet after a sausage.

I doubt Steve Cooper would come to Cardiff. No one wants to manage a team of misfits with no money to spend on decent players.
    ^THIS!^

Spot on, it would be managerial suicide.

I've got my issues with Bulut, notably with his tactics and player choices but I'm convinced he's way better than 4 out of the last 5 managers we've had.

I really don't think we'll get relegated and if he manages to avoid it I think he will have achieved a great deal considering he hasn't had a penny to spend and he's inherited a poor legacy squad.

The real issue is Tan and the board and we must all be grown up enough to see he won't pay the going rate for quality players. No matter which manager takes over in those circumstances he will never make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I strongly believe Tans number one priority is to sell the club near his own valuation of it and he is averse to spending realistic money to gamble on a promotion push.

He would far rather not spend the money and stay in the Championship where he believes his best opportunity for achieving a sale lies.

Whichever manager takes over will always be fighting with one hand tied behind his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bulut walk. He's got as far as he can with the squad he's inherited. It's sad to see Siopis dragged down to the level we are. Tan is a waste of space. The club is stale. I don't think there's any more he can do. There are no tactics for this squad that would work. No other manager could work with this squad. Avoiding relegation was his brief. If I were him I'd get out of the club faster than a whippet after a sausage.
    In the summer we can have a proper rebuild, as some of the tripe signed by Morison in “the best transfer window ever TM” have contracts expiring. Sadly we have to wait until 2025 for most. Also, I think it’s time to cut ties with Ralls. Literally everyone bar Ramsey can be upgraded so I don’t think any position should be seen as guaranteed.

I’d also play some of the kids soon, as this season is starting to run out of steam. We need to see if Joel Colwill and Ashford have what it takes. Either way, we should look at Luton and Cov, and go for a small squad with quality. It is the only way we will compete, as the money isn’t there to have a 25 man squad with the required ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The real issue is Tan and the board and we must all be grown up enough to see he won't pay the going rate for quality players. No matter which manager takes over in those circumstances he will never make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
    If we are close to FFP limits, that means we have spent lots of money and spent it extremely badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If we are close to FFP limits, that means we have spent lots of money and spent it extremely badly.
    What little we've spent has certainly been frittered away on journeymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In the summer we can have a proper rebuild, as some of the tripe signed by Morison in “the best transfer window ever TM” have contracts expiring. Sadly we have to wait until 2025 for most. Also, I think it’s time to cut ties with Ralls. Literally everyone bar Ramsey can be upgraded so I don’t think any position should be seen as guaranteed.

I’d also play some of the kids soon, as this season is starting to run out of steam. We need to see if Joel Colwill and Ashford have what it takes. Either way, we should look at Luton and Cov, and go for a small squad with quality. It is the only way we will compete, as the money isn’t there to have a 25 man squad with the required ability.
    Totally agree with this (love the TM!). Especially the 2nd para re. the Luton Coventry approach. I watched them against Leicester yesterday and even before the sending off they were a world apart from our ability and effort against them the other Friday night. Didn't go yesterday. Closing Sloper Rd for 40 mins.....what's all that about? I need a quick getaway after our performances when it's this cold. Our football's bad for the circulation. Resting HB is around 62 BPM during matches this season.