+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season at its lowest ebb so far as Bulut’s Cardiff roll out the welcome mat for Leeds.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Season at its lowest ebb so far as Bulut’s Cardiff roll out the welcome mat for Leeds.

At times yesterday it was if many of them had never met before. Passes into space and the intended recipient had not moved. No one moves for throw ins - how many times do Cardiff have a throw in inside the opponent's half and they throw straight back to a defender who then passes back to Alnwick. Why not try throwing it forwards for once.
    Another thing I have noticed in recent weeks is how often a Cardiff player sees a pass coming towards him and waits for the ball to arrive rather then going forward to meet it. On many occasions it never arrives because the opponent gets there first.

Re: Season at its lowest ebb so far as Bulut’s Cardiff roll out the welcome mat for Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    Another thing I have noticed in recent weeks is how often a Cardiff player sees a pass coming towards him and waits for the ball to arrive rather then going forward to meet it. On many occasions it never arrives because the opponent gets there first.
    Yes...static usually. Typified in the only decent cross yesterday to Etete, but the defender was in front of him and headed for a corner. A good forward - especially the height of Etete would have thought "this isn't going to reach me....I'm bigger than him and I'm going to make bloody sure i get to the ball first....."