+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would we be playing Omar Bogle if he was still here?

Would we be playing Omar Bogle if he was still here?

I can remember him being very effective against Bristol City away until his sending off. Warnock wasn't happy and berated him publicly. He was being touted widely before joining us.

Re: Would we be playing Omar Bogle if he was still here?

He is currently injured. Is with Newport County.
    I don’t think he is good enough week in, week out.

No. Players find their right level and he seems to have found his in League 2.

No, he’s 30 now and found his level.

I’m struggling to remember when we scored a strikers goal at home. All our goals seem to be random mistakes by the opposition rather quality from us

Re the he's found his level, he scored more goals in the Championship than Etete has...

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I’m struggling to remember when we scored a strikers goal at home. All our goals seem to be random mistakes by the opposition rather quality from us
    Very similar to goals scored against us, we are the kings of random mistakes going on yesterday’s showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Re the he's found his level, he scored more goals in the Championship than Etete has...
    Hardly a glowing reference, I’m not that far behind Etete in the goalscoring stakes, pity I’m 69 this month and haven’t got a chance to add to my tally of 0.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hardly a glowing reference, I’m not that far behind Etete in the goalscoring stakes, pity I’m 69 this month and haven’t got a chance to add to my tally of 0.
    And that's the point. You can make a case that a League 2 striker is better than what we've got.

I wonder how many championship goals he had at 22.

Not a huge Etete fan personally, to weak and he’s never going to be a big goal scorer although I still think he can become a better player and perform at this level. Needs to be much more aggressive. Ideally we would have enough options to give him a loan stint.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I wonder how many championship goals he had at 22.

Not a huge Etete fan personally, to weak and he’s never going to be a big goal scorer although I still think he can become a better player and perform at this level. Needs to be much more aggressive. Ideally we would have enough options to give him a loan stint.
    Etete isn’t good enough. He’s been here 18 months now and he has so many flaws to his game. Crucially, he can’t hit a barn door with a banjo. He should go out on loan to League 1.

And that's the point. You can make a case that a League 2 striker is better than what we've got.
    Those are my thoughts as well, we haven't got a championship striker on our books, apart from Robinson who looks shot of confidence/enthusiasm.

Etete isn’t good enough. He’s been here 18 months now and he has so many flaws to his game. Crucially, he can’t hit a barn door with a banjo. He should go out on loan to League 1.
    I kind of agree but until we bring in other players he has to stay. I would probably need at least 2 strikers in before even considering loaning him out.

Service into Etete was and is continuously poor , when the slight odd chance falls , he's probably mentally fecked by the pressure and he tries to hard and misses .

I'd like to see a game where he gets a lot more chances folk around him create the right space and runs before jyst throwing criticism at him, that criticisms soley belongs to the midfield and defence yesterday, not Etete..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Service into Etete was and is continuously poor , when the slight odd chance falls , he's probably mentally fecked by the pressure and he tries to hard and misses .

I'd like to see a game where he gets a lot more chances folk around him create the right space and runs before jyst throwing criticism at him, that criticisms soley belongs to the midfield and defence yesterday, not Etete..
    I don’t think it’s the goals that frustrates me most with him, it’s when he has his back to goal, for a striker of his size he doesn’t hold up the ball very well. Also think defenders have a bit of an easy day against him, he needs to be a lot more aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I can remember him being very effective against Bristol City away until his sending off. Warnock wasn't happy and berated him publicly. He was being touted widely before joining us.

I think Mark Harris would be better than what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Probably, and he made my eyes bleed watching him.

I think Paul Mullin is better that what we've got up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think Paul Mullin is better that what we've got up front.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    I think Bulut would have used him as well. I think a move was the right decision for him though.