+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooper, Jones, Ainsworth....

Re: Cooper, Jones, Ainsworth....

I don’t think Bulut will be able to work for Vincent Tan anymore after this. Having said that what capable, independent manager will.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetFA View Post
    I don’t think Bulut will be able to work for Vincent Tan anymore after this. Having said that what capable, independent manager will.
    Sadly, I think you're right.

Don't think there will ever be a shortage of middling retread managers who are willing to pick up a pay cheque for 9-12 months and then get paid out, good work if you can get it. But I agree that the quality ones or the ones with genuine aspirations of building something will never come here in a million years unless things change from top to bottom.

I think we should make a change now. Give it 6 months and then if we have a couple of bad results change again and then just keep doing the same over and over again while simultaneously bringing in loads of players every time and never appointing a Director of Football.

Has Bulut shown he’s a above average manager in this league

His tactics are 1 dimensional, his subs are questionable and he’s more concerned in stropping rather than motivating the players.

We line up in the same way every match and the plays are predictable. We’ve managed to scrape a reasonable league position from set pieces as our open play is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    I think we should make a change now. Give it 6 months and then if we have a couple of bad results change again and then just keep doing the same over and over again while simultaneously bringing in loads of players every time and never appointing a Director of Football.
    So repeat what we have been doing - cunning I like your thinking 👍😂

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    This !

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Has Bulut shown he’s a above average manager in this league

His tactics are 1 dimensional, his subs are questionable and he’s more concerned in stropping rather than motivating the players.

We line up in the same way every match and the plays are predictable. We’ve managed to scrape a reasonable league position from set pieces as our open play is horrendous.

21st and 18th. That is the last two seasons finishing position. Last season's championship was very poor with a lot of bigger clubs just trying to shed cost at all costs. Some of the smaller well-run teams over-achieved. IMO the top 6 of L1 were probably better than the bottom 6 of the championship.
    We got lucky not to be relegated with that squad but the division is a lot better this year and we are mid table = Progression

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    21st and 18th. That is the last two seasons finishing position. Last season's championship was very poor with a lot of bigger clubs just trying to shed cost at all costs. Some of the smaller well-run teams over-achieved. IMO the top 6 of L1 were probably better than the bottom 6 of the championship.
    We got lucky not to be relegated with that squad but the division is a lot better this year and we are mid table = Progression
    We've been in relegation form for 1/3 of the season, and he's spent big on players like Siopis. We won't finish mid table at this rate.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've been in relegation form for 1/3 of the season, and he's spent big on players like Siopis. We won't finish mid table at this rate.
    Look what he inherited, we stayed up because other teams got point deductions and we lost our three best players from last year, Philogene, Kaba, and Kipre, he had a transfer embargo and has us three points from the playoffs.

If we'd appointed another apprentice as Manager like Morrison, Harris, and Hudson, we would be down already.

Bulut is trying to move us forward after terrible previous Managers, all he is asking for is some help, with a couple of footballers!

Whatever happened to giving managers time? Time to learn from their mistakes.
    Time to really get to know his squad and them to know him.
    Time to learn which players are for him and which aren’t, and time to (hopefully at some point) bring in more of his own players)

I heard the chairman of Exeter ask the question the other day that, why would he sack the manager after some bad form, because he’s the one man that has now learnt what’s gone wrong and now should know how to fix it. Bring someone new in and he might have to make those same mistakes all over again himself.

I am sure there are three worse teams than us this year. Stick with him and give him a chance to build something. When it’s been good it’s been really good so there’s hope he could get us back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Whatever happened to giving managers time? Time to learn from their mistakes.
    Time to really get to know his squad and them to know him.
    Time to learn which players are for him and which aren’t, and time to (hopefully at some point) bring in more of his own players)

I heard the chairman of Exeter ask the question the other day that, why would he sack the manager after some bad form, because he’s the one man that has now learnt what’s gone wrong and now should know how to fix it. Bring someone new in and he might have to make those same mistakes all over again himself.

I am sure there are three worse teams than us this year. Stick with him and give him a chance to build something. When it’s been good it’s been really good so there’s hope he could get us back there.
    It's the short termism of the game.

I've always thought of it as similar to when someone has stocks and panics when the market drops. They are never allowing themselves the opportunity to recover back into profit or trusting their initial decision. It's just a series of poor decisions and panic.

I can only assume clubs panic a lot and have very little confidence in their initial decision. Probably shown by the short contract we have given the last few. They are more stop gaps than long term appointments and so it plays out that way.

We need to be planning for more than a season at a time but I just don't see the evidence or appetite for that.

Feels more like the spinning of the roulette wheel hoping we land on someone like Warnock for some quick success.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Whatever happened to giving managers time?
    Should we have perservered with Whitehead, Hudson or Trollope in the hope they were going to come good?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Should we have perservered with Whitehead, Hudson or Trollope in the hope they were going to come good?
    Bulut in my opinion has given us far more reason to think if he was given time it could be successful.

We have had some great performances.
    He has made some good signings.
    He has contacts and knowledge that allows us to shop in markets we have not been able to before.
    He has a wealth of experience.
    He speaks well.
    He’s likeable.
    He spends time talking to fans.
    He’s respectful and doesn’t seem the type to embarrass us in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's the short termism of the game.

I've always thought of it as similar to when someone has stocks and panics when the market drops. They are never allowing themselves the opportunity to recover back into profit or trusting their initial decision. It's just a series of poor decisions and panic.

I can only assume clubs panic a lot and have very little confidence in their initial decision. Probably shown by the short contract we have given the last few. They are more stop gaps than long term appointments and so it plays out that way.

We need to be planning for more than a season at a time but I just don't see the evidence or appetite for that.

Feels more like the spinning of the roulette wheel hoping we land on someone like Warnock for some quick success.

It seems fans are just as impatient and prone to panicking as the board.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Look what he inherited, we stayed up because other teams got point deductions and we lost our three best players from last year, Philogene, Kaba, and Kipre, he had a transfer embargo and has us three points from the playoffs.

If we'd appointed another apprentice as Manager like Morrison, Harris, and Hudson, we would be down already.

Bulut is trying to move us forward after terrible previous Managers, all he is asking for is some help, with a couple of footballers!
    I didn’t say get rid of him but what I said was a fact. We have been absolutely horrendous for 3 months. Bulut is starting to get on my wick though. How about he puts his energy into winning games rather than sending them out to play the same way every game? This is dire stuff.

Mark Hudson managed 17 league games. He got 18 points. In our last 14 games, we’ve got 14 points. That shows how badly our form has dipped.

International

I didn’t say get rid of him but what I said was a fact. We have been absolutely horrendous for 3 months. Bulut is starting to get on my wick though. How about he puts his energy into winning games rather than sending them out to play the same way every game? This is dire stuff.

Mark Hudson managed 17 league games. He got 18 points. In our last 14 games, we’ve got 14 points. That shows how badly our form has dipped.

I know, just pointing out he's a decent Manager compared to what we've had.

You've picked his worst period without O'Dowda and Rambo and a paper-thin squad last game, to make comparisons.

How many points in his first 14 games?

I know I wasn't saying you said get rid, just pointing out he's a decent Manager compared to what we've had.

You've picked his worst period without O'Dowda and Rambo and a paper-thin squad last game, to make comparisons.

How many points in his first 14 games?
    Yea, I’ve picked the last 14 games. The ones that matter. Have you enjoyed it? Or should we only look at what he did in the first part and ignore the rest? We aren’t going to replicate the first part of the season playing like this. Who has Bulut improved? Who looks like a good player? What are his tactics? How are we trying to score? What even is his style of play now? I genuinely don’t know the answer to any of them.

International

Yea, I’ve picked the last 14 games. The ones that matter. Have you enjoyed it? Or should we only look at what he did in the first part and ignore the rest? We aren’t going to replicate the first part of the season playing like this. Who has Bulut improved? Who looks like a good player? What are his tactics? How are we trying to score? What even is his style of play now? I genuinely don’t know the answer to any of them.
    Honestly, my view is that if we lose Bulut we are far more likely to appoint a worse Manager like Morison/Hudson than a better one like Cooper, the best we could hope for is a Nathan Jones gamble, sometimes he's good others he's been terrible.

Without Rambo and O'Dowda the squad and options are weak, we haven't got a Striker.

Honestly, my view is that if we lose Bulut we are far more likely to appoint a worse Manager like Morison/Hudson than a better one like Cooper, the best we could hope for is a Nathan Jones gamble, sometimes he's good others he's been terrible.

Without Rambo and O'Dowda the squad and options are weak, we haven't got a Striker.
    Again, I'm not saying sack him but I think he's done a pretty poor job of late.