+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooper, Jones, Ainsworth....

Cooper, Jones, Ainsworth....

There are a few useful managers out of work at the moment. Would you take Steve Cooper, perhaps? Nathan Jones, maybe, or Gareth Ainsworth? Okay, if not now, then what about at the end of the season? Would anyone be tempted, or is it too soon?

Re: Cooper, Jones, Ainsworth....

Why?

It's the quality of players in our squad not the manager. It will be a massive mistake to get rid of bullet

We are three points off the playoffs

Cooper is going to get a premier league job soon enough.

Jones no, Ainsworth? guess that’s a joke.

Bulut doing a good job, no manager is perfect. We need better players for sure.

There was a time Steve Cooper could have become our manager, but I think it’s passed now. Ainsworth? No thank you. Jones? Maybe, but things will need to get an awful lot worse before we get rid of Bulut I reckon - in fact, it could well be that we’ll need a new manager because he turned down a contract extension offer rather than us getting rid of him.

Wums on this board have to improve.

People moaning about bulutball would have a fit watching Jones or ainsworth.

If genuine thread then no id stick with Bulut, shouldn't really be a conversation but from that list only cooper would be interesting, but you may as well have listed Zidane, Conte and Nagelsmann.

We have a decent young manager.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was a time Steve Cooper could have become our manager, but I think it’s passed now. Ainsworth? No thank you. Jones? Maybe, but things will need to get an awful lot worse before we get rid of Bulut I reckon - in fact, it could well be that we’ll need a new manager because he turned down a contract extension offer rather than us getting rid of him.
    I'm not sure Vinnie rates him, he's Dalmans man, and there hasn't been any talk of a contract extension to my knowledge, although don't suppose that's any of my business really. Got a funny feeling that Tan is waiting to be convinced a bit more than he is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not sure Vinnie rates him, he's Dalmans man, and there hasn't been any talk of a contract extension to my knowledge, although don't suppose that's any of my business really. Got a funny feeling that Tan is waiting to be convinced a bit more than he is right now.
    Vinnie would get Joey Barton before any of those three.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Vinnie would get Joey Barton before any of those three.
    Joey knows its a man's game.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    There are a few useful managers out of work at the moment. Would you take Steve Cooper, perhaps? Nathan Jones, maybe, or Gareth Ainsworth? Okay, if not now, then what about at the end of the season? Would anyone be tempted, or is it too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    This
    Bulut is doing a decent job with the tools at his disposal
    We have some deadwood to clear out and let’s be fair, there won’t be a long queue to sign any of them
    I’d like us to sign Kane from Bayern Munch, but that isn’t going to happen
    We have to be patient, let the manager clear the dross out and build slowly, and if that means we don’t get Kieffer Moore in January so be it.

If it were my money, I’d look at this and calculate what are real chances are of grabbing the 6th spot and in reality we’re miles away from that.

Bulut needs time to get the right players in and show what he can do, that doesn’t mean I’m happy or content with the type of performance we endured yesterday, its just reality

Based on the last few games we need two forwards, two decent midfielders, two versatile defenders and a winger plus Ramsey back!! Before we start thinking seriously about a top 6 finish

Could you imagine having to listen to Jones' voice at every presser....?

Ainsworth, are you taking the piss

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    This
    Bulut is doing a decent job with the tools at his disposal
    We have some deadwood to clear out and let’s be fair, there won’t be a long queue to sign any of them
    I’d like us to sign Kane from Bayern Munch, but that isn’t going to happen
    We have to be patient, let the manager clear the dross out and build slowly, and if that means we don’t get Kieffer Moore in January so be it.

If it were my money, I’d look at this and calculate what are real chances are of grabbing the 6th spot and in reality we’re miles away from that.

Bulut needs time to get the right players in and show what he can do, that doesn’t mean I’m happy or content with the type of performance we endured yesterday, its just reality

Based on the last few games we need two forwards, two decent midfielders, two versatile defenders and a winger plus Ramsey back!! Before we start thinking seriously about a top 6 finish
    The jury is still out for me on Bulut BUT he does need time to get the right players in. Killer question - does he have the ability to (let's assume suitable funds were made available). We don't know, so if we are sensible as a club, we should give him the chance. Otherwise we continue the merry-go-round of manager swaps.

He didn't have funds in the summer so not really fair to judge him on the players that came in. In my view I am impressed with a few (Goutas has been very good for us) not so with some others.

International

Ainsworth

The other two are decent but Bulut is going nowhere.

Ainsworth ffs

Wouldnt put it past Tan though.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ainsworth ffs

Wouldnt put it past Tan though.
    You would like to think the only club in Cardiff interested in Ainsworth would be PopWorld.

You're right about Tan though.

I think Bulut is doing a good job with what he's got. I would take Cooper but we got no chance of landing him now.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think Bulut is doing a good job with what he's got. I would take Cooper but we got no chance of landing him now.
    I would imagine most fans would prefer a Cooper switch, but it seems a 1% chance if that, he could get a job at many clubs in a far better position than we are.

Anyone changed their minds?

Anyone changed their minds?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    No

Bulut

Give him a season after this to see what he does