If Bulut’s had enough, perhaps he’s coming to us! 🤣

International

Re: Mourinho out at Roma

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/...M6V3N_mzJl_lJA

If Bulut’s had enough, perhaps he’s coming to us! ��
    Wouldn't be good enough for half our fans

Wonder where he goes from here? Will he have to accept that, if he continues in management, he has to take a step down from clubs from the big leagues that expect Champions League qualification? I doubt it, there’ll still be a few big clubs that are willing to let him try to regain past, lost, glories while boring everyone rigid

And yet he still delivered Romas first silverware for 15 years

If we're honest he hasn't be very good for a while. He plays a negative style of football and I think the likes of Pep ad Klopp are clear of him.

I can see Newcastle taking him on, but he won't be any better than Howe.

Probably my most disliked manager of all time. A self-important, surly, narcissistic man who's time in the spotlight is coming to an end. Good riddance.

Saudi will take him

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Wouldn't be good enough for half our fans
    I'd be one of those.
    I'd take Russell Slade back before hiring Mourinho!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thankfully he lost out to Seville in the Euro final (last year?) after kicking lumps out of them and his team rolling around feigning injury, appealing for bookings and dismissals, virtually playing for pelanties from the off.
    Anti-football at its crudest.

Hope it's the last we see of him but somehow I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Probably my most disliked manager of all time. A self-important, surly, narcissistic man who's time in the spotlight is coming to an end. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    If we're honest he hasn't be very good for a while. He plays a negative style of football and I think the likes of Pep ad Klopp are clear of him.

I can see Newcastle taking him on, but he won't be any better than Howe.
    He would take the club back years and I very much doubt the supporters would be happy.

Anyway I thought Eddie Howe has done a good job until recently with injuries having a big bearing on results.
    Are they that unhappy with Howe up there?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He would take the club back years and I very much doubt the supporters would be happy.

Anyway I thought Eddie Howe has done a good job until recently with injuries having a big bearing on results.
    With most of their players fit, they're definitely a top 6 team, a near certainty for European football every year. The club would be mad to ditch Howe in the circumstances and even madder if they brought in Mourinho.

Thankfully he lost out to Seville in the Euro final (last year?) after kicking lumps out of them and his team rolling around feigning injury, appealing for bookings and dismissals, virtually playing for pelanties from the off.
    Anti-football at its crudest.

Hope it's the last we see of him but somehow I doubt it.
    Both teams were as bad as each other and Roma were robbed by Antony Taylor. Turned down a stonewall penalty to Roma for handball at the end of the 90 minutes.

You may not like him but his record speaks for itself.

Russell Slade be ****ed.

Boo Hoo what club doesnt get injuries. Spurs are depleted at the moment yet their manager just gets on with it but because Howe is a media darling and English people make excuses for him.

Ten Haag has had injuries all season I dont see people making excuses for him like they do Howe.

Mourinho plays to win but more importantly, not to lose. He'd have done a better job, tactically, last Saturday than Bulut. I'm not anti-Bulut but I can take a successful self-important, narcissist over a clueless rabbit-in-the-headlights any day. This Cardiff City starting eleven, under Mourinho, wouldn't have rolled over to Leeds and Leicester like Bulut's did.

I'd be one of those.
    I'd take Russell Slade back before hiring Mourinho!
    No you wouldn't.

Both teams were as bad as each other and Roma were robbed by Antony Taylor. Turned away at least 2 stonewall penalties and a red card for Seville.
    From memory (which admittedly isn't great) I seem to remember that Seville ended up fighting fire with fire.

My feeling was that Anthony Taylor, rightly or wrongly, had seen Mourinho teams and their antics before and some decisions may well have gone against Roma for that reason and not on merit.

I for one was glad that Roma lost and thought Taylor had an unusually good game, though I may have been as blinkered as he :hehe

I also remember that neither Jose nor any of the Roma staff were very gracious in defeat.

International

Negative fans like you turned because he went on a one win in six games run.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Mourinho plays to win but more importantly, not to lose. He'd have done a better job, tactically, last Saturday than Bulut. I'm not anti-Bulut but I can take a successful self-important, narcissist over a clueless rabbit-in-the-headlights any day. This Cardiff City starting eleven, under Mourinho, wouldn't have rolled over to Leeds and Leicester like Bulut's did.
    I didn't say he was tactically inept. I just can't stand the man and find his character abhorrent.

Mourinho plays to win but more importantly, not to lose.
    but so did Slade
    He'd have done a better job, tactically, last Saturday than Bulut. I'm not anti-Bulut but I can take a successful self-important, narcissist over a clueless rabbit-in-the-headlights any day. This Cardiff City starting eleven, under Mourinho, wouldn't have rolled over to Leeds and Leicester like Bulut's did.
    many on here would argue that it is how you play the game not what results you get (re our last promotion and "hoofball")
    I would argue though that Jose could not in a million years come to a club like ours and try to be successful on what Bulut has been dealt. They cannot be compared
    BTW, my comment about taking Slade back was slightly tongue in cheek

BTW, my comment about taking Slade back was slightly tongue in cheek
    Haha! Yeah! It’s been circa 18 months but I’m not that rusty! JamesWales taught me all about nuance years ago so I get it! Happy New Year.;)

I didn't say he was tactically inept. I just can't stand the man and find his character abhorrent.
    I just think he’s a pantomime villain.

It was all a bit of fun when he first came, but when he started blaming the ambulance service for not being prompt collecting Cech after the head injury and said he could have died because of it - and it emerged he lied about how long they'd taken - I lost all respect for him. It stopped being a pantomime then.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It was all a bit of fun when he first came, but when he started blaming the ambulance service for not being prompt collecting Cech after the head injury and said he could have died because of it - and it emerged he lied about how long they'd taken - I lost all respect for him. It stopped being a pantomime then.
    Oh no it didn't!

Oh and the time he had a proper go in public at the physio for doing her job too well.
    Not a nice man at all.

Haha! Yeah! It’s been circa 18 months but I’m not that rusty! JamesWales taught me all about nuance years ago so I get it! Happy New Year.;)
    Welcome back and Happy New Year to you too.
    2023 wasn't great anyway so you haven't missed much