Thread: Cardiff c Watford sold out?can't find any availability

Cardiff c Watford sold out?can't find any availability

Is it already sold out?

Re: Cardiff c Watford sold out?can't find any availability

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Is it already sold out?
    Yes according to postings on Twitter

Almost all of VRS1 wasn't available to buy this morning. But VRS2 was.

I expect they will open up VRS1 for more sales. Keep checking and buy as soon as available. Just £20 (plus £2 booking fee) per adult ticket.

Snagged a couple this morning. Then found out there are train strikes on that day that may impact on getting there. Not sure. Haven’t done enough research. Does anyone know whether it’ll be problem on the day?

When I saw the title of this thread, my first thoughts were... "Good grief, 35,000 tickets sold"?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Snagged a couple this morning. Then found out there are train strikes on that day that may impact on getting there. Not sure. Haven’t done enough research. Does anyone know whether it’ll be problem on the day?
    Hop on a coach, only £30, with an Inn stop thrown in

On strike on 3rd Feb are Avanti West Coast, East Midlands Railway, West Midlands Trains.
    There is also an ASLEF overtime ban that will affect other services.

More tickets released this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Thank you for the offer. Is it extra for the whippet?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    On strike on 3rd Feb are Avanti West Coast, East Midlands Railway, West Midlands Trains.
    There is also an ASLEF overtime ban that will affect other services.
    Cheers for that! Really appreciated. I think that clinches Mrs Citizen's argument that we should stay in London for the weekend and arrange our travel from there. Crafty and opportunistic but well played by her!

After the Southampton experience - my advice - never use the railways again for anything. Let them go on strike, P off their customers and let them lose money as a consequence. Will always be the coach or car.
    We recently went from Sophia Gardens to London Victoria - fair enough - it took a bit longer but that was fine - and it was a lot cheaper.
    They have been on stroke for years it seems - with most people able to work from home to avoid a commute or use a coach, the strike action is no longer effective.
    Like with all industries - you need to adapt to change or youre dead.

Cheers for that! Really appreciated. I think that clinches Mrs Citizen's argument that we should stay in London for the weekend and arrange our travel from there. Crafty and opportunistic but well played by her!
    Chiltern, Cross Country and Great Western Railway are on strike on Monday the 5th, so don't plan on a train to Cardiff on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    After the Southampton experience - my advice - never use the railways again for anything. Let them go on strike, P off their customers and let them lose money as a consequence. Will always be the coach or car.
    We recently went from Sophia Gardens to London Victoria - fair enough - it took a bit longer but that was fine - and it was a lot cheaper.
    They have been on stroke for years it seems - with most people able to work from home to avoid a commute or use a coach, the strike action is no longer effective.
    Like with all industries - you need to adapt to change or youre dead.

Strike action has always baffled me, the ones on strike don’t get paid, yet their union leaders still take home their £100,000+, wages !!!!

As I said, baffling !!!!

1970's mentality, never goes away in those types of industries. They have been beaten by technology of working from home. Better for everyones pocket, better for the environment to. Lunch time for me most days is going out to local cafe or bakery and spending some money locally.

Strike action has always baffled me, the ones on strike don’t get paid, yet their union leaders still take home their £100,000+, wages !!!!

As I said, baffling !!!!
    Because the union leaders are still working hard fighting for their members and in the rail dispute us as well. Anyone using trains can see that it needs the shake up in conditions that the Union are fighting for while those in power are running it into the ground whilst still charging top dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Because the union leaders are still working hard fighting for their members and in the rail dispute us as well. Anyone using trains can see that it needs the shake up in conditions that the Union are fighting for while those in power are running it into the ground whilst still charging top dollar.
    While MP’s will get a 7.1% rise to nearly £93k.
    Some front benchers will be on £160k

Not sure about the WAG

Tickets arrived today. Only ordered them yesterday morning. Fair play. The club doing a good job there. Can't wait. Home games have worn me down.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    1970's mentality, never goes away in those types of industries. They have been beaten by technology of working from home. Better for everyones pocket, better for the environment to. Lunch time for me most days is going out to local cafe or bakery and spending some money locally.
    If it wasn't for Unions you wouldn't have a Lunch Break.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If it wasn't for Unions you wouldn't have a Lunch Break.
    I worked for myself, what’s a lunch break ?

You would have though union bosses would cover members pay lost through strikes , but it never happens.

Tickets arrived today. Only ordered them yesterday morning. Fair play. The club doing a good job there. Can't wait. Home games have worn me down.
    Did they CN? That’s great. But what about the f*cking unions??!!!???

Workhouse-denial is alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Chiltern, Cross Country and Great Western Railway are on strike on Monday the 5th, so don't plan on a train to Cardiff on that day.
    Cheers mate! Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    You would have though union bosses would cover members pay lost through strikes , but it never happens.
    Can we have this in English please

So did i sweetie, 25 years, all over the country, breaking my back on price work.