+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You gov polling

Re: You gov polling

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So, when you wake up the next day with your preferred government in power, what are they going to do that's any different to the current lot?
    20230905_100926.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I disagree with you, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I didn’t vote in the next election and woke up the next day to find Sunak and his party were still in Government.
    I respect your commitment to voting Bob and understand how deeply personal and significant it feels, especially given your strong views against the current government. It's clear that your vote is not just a civic duty, but also a reflection of your hopes for change and a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    One can only hope but the signs are most encouraging.

It's significant that the younger generation is generally far better educated that the older ones and that has been a factor in the dramatic decline of religion consistently over the years. I suspect ultimately it will also prove to be the nemesis of the Tory party too.

Education helps one to see hypocrisy more clearly.
    Must win the "most arrogant post of the day" surely!
    Interesting response from TBG.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That lovely WEF fella Mr Starmer will sort it all out. Whatever happens, they must release all the excess death data BEFORE the election.
    What's your problem with the WEF? Surely we need joined up thinking between the nations if we are to tackle environmental issues, deforestation and defuse global conflict? I was dubious about the WEF on the surface but are they that bad? I have delved deep into it like you seem to have. Interested in your views

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    What's your problem with the WEF? Surely we need joined up thinking between the nations if we are to tackle environmental issues, deforestation and defuse global conflict? I was dubious about the WEF on the surface but are they that bad? I have delved deep into it like you seem to have. Interested in your views
    I meant to say that i haven't delved deep into the WEF and what they do

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Must win the "most arrogant post of the day" surely!
    Interesting response from TBG.
    Call it arrogance if you want but it's a fact, younger generations are far more educated than older generations.

Whether that equates to being more intelligent is a completely different story but generally every new generation is smarter than the one that preceeded it.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    It's just a talking shop, it doesn't have any tangible power.

Most of the biggest problems we face as a planet cannot be solved by countries acting alone, so this is a forum to allow nations and companies to discuss things and hear speakers on these subjects.

It IS funded by a large number of multi billion dollar companies, so you have to expect that there will be an element of furthering their own interests involved, and the events are lavish (as you would expect) and fairly secretive, so it is easy to see why they get such attention from the tinfoil hat brigade.

I can understand the secrecy tbh, if you make everything public then all the politicians would inevitably revert to their public non-committal face-saving type of statements and you wouldn't be able to have any meaningful discussion about anything.

It's soft power at best and all of the attendees can and probably do completely disregard everything they've heard as soon as the last canapé has slithered down their throat.

It's good that something like this exists, it would be nice if it was funded in another way perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So what’s your answer then? Starmer pisses me off, but my attitude is let’s see what Labour are like in Government before writing them off - my desire to get the present Governmentout is my overriding concern.
    It will be no different than last time - promise everything, think throwing money at a problem will fix it, over spend, under deliver, start an illegal war, maybe promise the school rebuilding program and then spend 60% of the budget without laying a brick. Roll over for the unions, get caught out in a few scandals and have policy driven by a bunch of p1ssheads putting their collective hands up to move a motion at conference.
    Add in some Corbynistas stinking out the house - and that is roughly what you will get.
    Raynor all she left school with was a baby. Dawn Butler, Dianne Abbott et al it'll be like watching a Carry on film - the promo is available now if you follow the Senedd.

It'll be a right laugh

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    It will be no different than last time - promise everything, think throwing money at a problem will fix it, over spend, under deliver, start an illegal war, maybe promise the school rebuilding program and then spend 60% of the budget without laying a brick. Roll over for the unions, get caught out in a few scandals and have policy driven by a bunch of p1ssheads putting their collective hands up to move a motion at conference.
    Add in some Corbynistas stinking out the house - and that is roughly what you will get.
    Raynor all she left school with was a baby. Dawn Butler, Dianne Abbott et al it'll be like watching a Carry on film - the promo is available now if you follow the Senedd.

It'll be a right laugh
    Alternatively you could stick with the current lot who have made a mess of just about any aspect of life in the UK that you can imagine

It'll be a right laugh
    What a vile post.

It'll be a right laugh
    I was a kid when Labour were last in charge, they had many flaws and what they did with Iraq/Afghanistan was horrific and I wouldn't have voted for them if I were an adult then. But it's undeniable the country was in a far better state.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I was a kid when Labour were last in charge, they had many flaws and what they did with Iraq/Afghanistan was horrific and I wouldn't have voted for them if I were an adult then. But it's undeniable the country was in a far better state.
    👍🙌

It'll be a right laugh
    Think you need to go and have a lie down in a darkened room for a while.

Alternatively you could stick with the current lot who have made a mess of just about any aspect of life in the UK that you can imagine
    100% - which is why the choice this lot of idiots or the other lot of idiots on the side of the house. At least UK politivs tends to go around in circles 13 years Tory prior to 13 years Labour.
    Or we can have Wales at 26 years Labour ...

I didn't support it / understand the need for it at all, but its really strange the amount of flack that the Labour party still gets from the invasion of Iraq.
    Yes criticism is absolutely valid, and SHOULD be done, but I don't recall the conservatives opposing it at the time, yet they are not ever criticised for it in the same way.
    Also the UK only provided a small percentage of the troops to the conflict and were mostly not active in the most hostile areas and accounted for a far smaller proportion of the casualties compared to the Americans, yet as far as I can tell it isn't really a talking point in US politics any longer (although perhaps they have bigger fish to fry) but I guess that's the way things go in politics, once something is accepted in the public consciousness then that's the way it is.

The americans still seem to be roping us into their strikes in the middle east, it makes you wonder what dirt they have on us

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I agree with your sentiment but I'm not sure I like the words 'better educated' and would substitute them for 'socially tolerant'. I think the dramatic decline in religion should probably read 'Christianity' but one thing's for sure, Gen Z are the future, and pretty much all views by the majority on this board and 50+ will be moot and redundant over the next decade. This article is referring to USA Gen Zs https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...icans-politics but I've recently been working on a marketing project re. Gen Z and most on this forum would be apoplectic when reading their views. This article is a good one for the older gens to get to grips with just where the future is going. Labour, Cons, and all the political parties at the moment are way out of touch and it's quite frankly disgusting just how much they disregard young adults.

This is quite possibly the first time I won't vote in a GE. I've been done with party politics for quite some time now.
    Here's an example which I think will be an eye opener to many older folk on here - https://old.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAte...ies_that_left/

Here's an example which I think will be an eye opener to many older folk on here - https://old.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAte...ies_that_left/
    There's much we disagree on and much we agree on, one of which is the severe crisis in housing which disproportionately impacts younger people, although is a major issue for all.

My sister's ex rents a three bed house which he shares with my niece and nephew when they stay with him. The landlord is raising his rent from £750 to £1350. It's an absolute scandal and appalling for him, and by definition anyone connected.

But what policies have the older generation voted for to make people poorer? Perhaps they are more prone to nimbyism, but we also see lots of fresh faced young environmentalists opposing new housing.

The biggest issue is immigration and that's something younger generations seem to support yo the hilt, seemingly unaware of the impact it has on housing. The link to housing and wages was far more stable before immigration soared in the early 2000s. There are though, many many factors. I don't see any of them particularly driven by the older generation though. That argument strikes me as a convenient but unhelpful and divisive sideshow.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    There's much we disagree on and much we agree on, one of which is the severe crisis in housing which disproportionately impacts younger people, although is a major issue for all.

My sister's ex rents a three bed house which he shares with my niece and nephew when they stay with him. The landlord is raising his rent from £750 to £1350. It's an absolute scandal and appalling for him, and by definition anyone connected.

But what policies have the older generation voted for to make people poorer? Perhaps they are more prone to nimbyism, but we also see lots of fresh faced young environmentalists opposing new housing.

The biggest issue is immigration and that's something younger generations seem to support yo the hilt, seemingly unaware of the impact it has on housing. The link to housing and wages was far more stable before immigration soared in the early 2000s. There are though, many many factors. I don't see any of them particularly driven by the older generation though. That argument strikes me as a convenient but unhelpful and divisive sideshow.
    only a small proportion of the rise in housing prices is attributed to immigration, I think it was something like 20% over the last 20 years

only a small proportion of the rise in housing prices is attributed to immigration, I think it was something like 20% over the last 20 years
    I don't think anyone would commission a report that would be honest about this topic. It's certainly not all of it, that's true, but it's a far bigger part than anyone in power will admit to.

That rent increase is shocking. Feel for people in this situation I really do.

I don't think anyone would commission a report that would be honest about this topic. It's certainly not all of it, that's true, but it's a far bigger part than anyone in power will admit to.
    saying that you believe your own prejudices over any data that you may be presented with says more about you than it does about the issue

The housing crisis ....

Makes me ****ing 😆 when tory voters and the tory government try to bat that one away

Thatcher sold off the council houses

Thatcher abolished the protected rent acts which if in place today would stop landlords pushing up rents and say its what the market will pay

Ff sake you ignorant idiots ....its the tories who pushed the scrapping of fair rents

No long term tenancies these days ......6 months assured shorthold then feck you out you go if we want to get someone else in , up the rent or flog the place for a holiday

Tories looking to blame immigration for the housing crisis load of crap

Loss of council houses , loss of housing to rent more and more expensive to rent due to tory government and failure to build replacements for council houses sold .....another lie from the tories

And a failure to build more houses for the increasing population which is at the core of UK housing policy since 1979

Who has been in power for all but 13 of those years ?

The conservatives

No amount of yeah but no nonsense will save your arses

Does he vote tory like you ?

Tell him to wise up because if he does he's the harvester of his own sorrow

It's tory voters like you who have caused the housing mess and those before you

No sympathy at all for those that continue to back the conservatives

This rent increase story has been going on for years since the abolition of the fair rent and protected rent system

Ripped up by Thatcher and successive tory governments .....and avoided by Blair too

While I don't disagree 700,000 people a year coming to the UK is unsustainable it's also true that we are building far less social housing per year than we used to. I think we have 2 million less council houses than we did 20 years ago.

I don't know if the table shown in this article is true or not, if it is its shocking how few are being built now.
    https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/key-events-in-history-of-uk-council-housing/37332881.html

While you may dislike him, Corbyn would have at least tried to build more social housing, the UK voted against him, twice and it was older people who were more likely to vote against him.