+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not a good look for our PM

Not a good look for our PM

Re: Not a good look for our PM

I've not seen it alledgly the full clip shows the lady ending the conversation ?? with a thank you ?? and a hand shake? Full unedited clip was about 10 seconds longer? ..

Hopefully I'm wrong ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've not seen it alledgly the full clip shows the lady ending the conversation ?? with a thank you ?? and a hand shake? Full unedited clip was about 10 seconds longer? ..

Hopefully I'm wrong ??
    I watched the two hour version and they ended up in bed together! (allegedly)

Hopefully I'm wrong ??
    Even if it did, if anything from the video registers with the general public, it will be that laugh - I think it’s a laugh which was born out of an awkward situation for him, but it looks and sounds terrible.

The usual suspects on twitter earlier (and a few Labour MPs shamefully) were working themselves up into a rage about some edited clip that purported to show him laughing at the woman and then storming off.

Complete nonsense of course, as the full video shows. It's that kind of absolute rubbish online that ruins political debate and also results in MPs being less likely to meet the public face to face, which we all want don't we?

Can't for the life of me see what he did wrong, but no doubt he is Hitler to some

The BBC states:

"At one point Mr Sunak laughs at a comment from the crowd and the exchange ends with the pair shaking hands"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68032002

String him up! Off with his head! Etc etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The usual suspects on twitter earlier (and a few Labour MPs shamefully) were working themselves up into a rage about some edited clip that purported to show him laughing at the woman and then storming off.

Complete nonsense of course, as the full video shows. It's that kind of absolute rubbish online that ruins political debate and also results in MPs being less likely to meet the public face to face, which we all want don't we?

Can't for the life of me see what he did wrong, but no doubt he is Hitler to some
    You’re being very naive if you think Sunak’s political opponents would react any differently and we all know that the reaction would have been exactly the same if it had been Starmer who found himself in a similar position.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You’re being very naive if you think Sunak’s political opponents would react any differently and we all know that the reaction would have been exactly the same if it had been Starmer who found himself in a similar position.
    I agree. But that doesn't stop it being pretty low politics. He literally did nothing wrong at all here. If anything, it was good he was out talking to people and they left shaking hands.

I can’t say he did anything wrong here other than being socially awkward. He didn’t connect in any way at all, he lacks the charisma to engage off the cuff. He doesn’t expect to be questioned and doesn’t deal with it well when he is.

For all his incredibly long list of faults, Boris was far better at this side of things than him

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I can’t say he did anything wrong here other than being socially awkward. He didn’t connect in any way at all, he lacks the charisma to engage off the cuff. He doesn’t expect to be questioned and doesn’t deal with it well when he is.

For all his incredibly long list of faults, Boris was far better at this side of things than him
    That’s how I see it. I remember Sunak talking to a couple of kids about Coca Cola in front of the cameras, it was cringeworthy because he just didn’t know how to talk to the “ordinary” people he was with. I agree that it was a laugh born out of nervousness today more than anything else, but I bet he and the army of aides who must have been there with him were thinking it was a bit of a disaster afterwards.

Sunak seems a pleasant enough bloke and even when he's trying to be the tough guy he just hasn't got it

I want him kicked out on his arse ASAP along with the rest of them but its much nicer when the likes of Duncan Smith gets chased out of a pie and mash shop by some poor sod whose benefits he has slashed

I think the greatest politics v the public spat has to be Prescott leathering the fat farmer with a mullet who threw eggs at him.

That’s how I see it. I remember Sunak talking to a couple of kids about Coca Cola in front of the cameras, it was cringeworthy because he just didn’t know how to talk to the “ordinary” people he was with. I agree that it was a laugh born out of nervousness today more than anything else, but I bet he and the army of aides who must have been there with him were thinking it was a bit of a disaster afterwards.
    Talking to that homeless bloke about the economy

That was a hard watch

Here we go the truth : Labour left red-faced as full video reveals Rishi Sunak was NOT laughing at ex-NHS worker who confr… https://mol.im/a/12984587 via https://dailym.ai/android

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I watched the two hour version and they ended up in bed together! (allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Talking to that homeless bloke about the economy

That was a hard watch

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post

Agree with you. He's not very good at this stuff. He's certainly not a natural. Good summary of him.

I can't unsee that now!

Here we go the truth : Labour left red-faced as full video reveals Rishi Sunak was NOT laughing at ex-NHS worker who confr… https://mol.im/a/12984587 via https://dailym.ai/android
    From the paper Wikipedia refused to accept as truthful enough to use on their site.

I have a new man crush! https://x.com/MarieAnnUK/status/1748366129653805179

...always new Simon Pegg was a good egg.

Of course the Tory’s never play dirty tricks.

From the paper Wikipedia refused to accept as truthful enough to use on their site.
    Depressing isnt it. It should be in the guardian too. How many people believed that video they saw on twitter but then because of self-censorship will never realise what they saw was entirely edited to mislead.

Great example of how things work nowadays, unfortunately

Depressing isnt it. It should be in the guardian too. How many people believed that video they saw on twitter but then because of self-censorship will never realise what they saw was entirely edited to mislead.

Great example of how things work nowadays, unfortunately
    Aren’t we very close to not being able to believe anything? Especially with ai (and I’m not anti it). It’ll be misused, depressingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Aren’t we very close to not being able to believe anything? Especially with ai (and I’m not anti it). It’ll be misused, depressingly.
    I think so yeah, it's really poor to see media like Sky news and MPs painting a completely alternative reality.

And that absolutely happens across the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I have a new man crush! https://x.com/MarieAnnUK/status/1748366129653805179

...always new Simon Pegg was a good egg.
    Off topic: Just to be serious for a moment. Mathematics to 18 imo is total overkill. If the gov announced 'coding' as an option then I'd be all for it. There are so many great apps being developed by kids from all over the world and mathematics (as is being proposed and taught) isn't part of the equation (ha!). We're so old-fashioned. What's the point of this with ai too? I haven't done long division since the pocket calculator. Sure we need people to be amazing at this stuff. But politicians aren't really best-suited to coming up with solutions.

Oh yeah, and I'm mortified because I missed the 5 min window to edit and knew new was the wrong knew.

I think so yeah, it's really poor to see media like Sky news and MPs painting a completely alternative reality.

And that absolutely happens across the spectrum.
    Agreed.
    There is nothing worse than the media painting an alternative reality for a political agenda