+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Luke Littler

O/T Luke Littler

Re: O/T Luke Littler

He beat Aspinal in that quarter, then Gerwyn in the semi. He's about to play MVG in the final.
    Its on ITV4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He beat Aspinal in that quarter, then Gerwyn in the semi. He's about to play MVG in the final.
    Its on ITV4.
    He will be in Cardiff to kick-off the Premier League Darts campaign, which begins on February 1,

£25,000 in the bank

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    £25,000 in the bank
    Minus tax and NI, still not a bad wage for a couple of days work. What I have noticed about him he seems a bit disrespectful towards his opponents, the first guy he played he looked at his watch a couple of times after winning legs. Against Gerwyn he made a fishing gesture as if he's bringing in a fish. He's going to make mistakes let's hope he has people around him to put him right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Minus tax and NI, still not a bad wage for a couple of days work. What I have noticed about him he seems a bit disrespectful towards his opponents, the first guy he played he looked at his watch a couple of times after winning legs. Against Gerwyn he made a fishing gesture as if he's bringing in a fish. He's going to make mistakes let's hope he has people around him to put him right.
    I don’t think he’s disrespectful at all, more like he’s just trying to enjoy himself, he’s still a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    🎣 he went out on 170 which is called the big fish,hence the celebration. 😎
    His face when Price gave it the big you are, was priceless ,good on him not being intimidated,took it in his stride

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I don’t think he’s disrespectful at all, more like he’s just trying to enjoy himself, he’s still a child.
    A child?

I thought MVG gave a pretty good interview after the final, saying that the press should take a step back and give Luke Littler a bit of space.
    Even the BBC website had live dart by dart text coverage his matches, which they've never done before.
    As for his fishing celebration, that was nothing to do with his opponent, just his 170.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought MVG gave a pretty good interview after the final, saying that the press should take a step back and give Luke Littler a bit of space.
    Even the BBC website had live dart by dart text coverage his matches, which they've never done before.
    As for his fishing celebration, that was nothing to do with his opponent, just his 170.
    Correct, a170 checkout is called “The Big Fish” triple-20, triple-20, inner bull

Quick look at the post header I thought it said Little Hitler and was another jibe? Or a small cat tray ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Quick look at the post header I thought it said Little Hitler and was another jibe? Or a small cat tray ?
    https://x.com/joshpearson180/status/...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

LITTLER DENIES HUMPHRIES!

Luke Littler continues his bid for back-to-back World Series titles!

The teenage sensation edges out World Champion Luke Humphries in a last-leg thriller to move through to the Dutch Darts Masters semi-finals!

📺 bit.ly/DDM24Live
    #DutchDarts24

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    A child?
    He's 17.

He's a child.

Lost 8-6 to Van Gerwen in the final, but what a bit of class, holding MVG's hand up in the air for the crowd to recognise their champion. Great match. Lovely touch from Littler.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    He's 17.

He's a child.
    He's got stubble, and weighs about 16 stone.
    'Youth' would be a more fitting description.

It makes no difference what his size or facial hair looks like.

He's a child.

To put it into context, my Dad was an excellent darts player, winning the darts championship of Portsmouth when he was 60, and his eyes were not what they were.
    It was a big thing when players scored 180 in a competitive match decades ago, and I saw Dad throw it in a match when he was representing Portsmouth. What was odd was that he even went for it because I knew that his favourite treble was 19.
    He used darts which had a brass body (the tip was soldered in), a shaft whittled down from cane (light) and thick brown paper flights which were shaped, folded and had a disgusting-tasting gum on one side.The shaft was split at the end and the flights inserted and held in place by a metal ring.
    But Dad could throw anything - even the doctored darts at funfair stalls - one guy told him to go away when he had won so many prizes.
    The darts of today are a world apart and Dad learnt darts playing in a pub with lanterns for light.
    Not only do champion dart players have wonderful eye/hand co-ordination, but they need a temperment to handle being on a big stage watched by hundreds of people. Dad had that in spades. To show what he could do to a watching crowd was a buzz for him and he was never phased by it.
    Also, when playing you've got to know your finish combinations and quickly work out what you need if your first dart misses its target. Dad had that too - never asked for a check.
    So Littler has it all.
    I've gotta say I haven't always been impressed by his behaviour at the oche and I haven't seen much of his play. But he'll probably mature with good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    To put it into context, my Dad was an excellent darts player, winning the darts championship of Portsmouth when he was 60, and his eyes were not what they were.
    It was a big thing when players scored 180 in a competitive match decades ago, and I saw Dad throw it in a match when he was representing Portsmouth. What was odd was that he even went for it because I knew that his favourite treble was 19.
    He used darts which had a brass body (the tip was soldered in), a shaft whittled down from cane (light) and thick brown paper flights which were shaped, folded and had a disgusting-tasting gum on one side.The shaft was split at the end and the flights inserted and held in place by a metal ring.
    But Dad could throw anything - even the doctored darts at funfair stalls - one guy told him to go away when he had won so many prizes.
    The darts of today are a world apart and Dad learnt darts playing in a pub with lanterns for light.
    Not only do champion dart players have wonderful eye/hand co-ordination, but they need a temperment to handle being on a big stage watched by hundreds of people. Dad had that in spades. To show what he could do to a watching crowd was a buzz for him and he was never phased by it.
    Also, when playing you've got to know your finish combinations and quickly work out what you need if your first dart misses its target. Dad had that too - never asked for a check.
    So Littler has it all.
    I've gotta say I haven't always been impressed by his behaviour at the oche and I haven't seen much of his play. But he'll probably mature with good advice.
    How do you cope with the one mince pie?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How do you cope with the one mince pie?
    I think it's down to my friends who know me on this forum - and who forgive the occasional typo, mush

I think it's down to my friends who know me on this forum - and who forgive the occasional typo, mush
    What am I? A Husky What typo was that? I was referring to darts

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What am I? A Husky What typo was that? I was referring to darts
    'Mush' is the equivalent of 'Butt'. Urban dictionary: "An old Romany word, meaning "my good friend".

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...hlight=cyclops #11
    One has a long memory, and that was an unnecessary correction IMO

'Mush' is the equivalent of 'Butt'. Urban dictionary: "An old Romany word, meaning "my good friend".

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...hlight=cyclops #11
    One has a long memory, and that was an unnecessary correction IMO
    Making an appearance in Cardiff on Thursday

https://x.com/skysportsdarts/status/...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

International

and a 21 year old bird who he regularly plays X-BOX with