+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else still really think

Anyone else still really think

We're a couple of players from a top 6 finish?

Re: Anyone else still really think

Yes

....if those players are Kevin de Bruyne and Erling Haaland

I’m not sure top 6 was ever realistic with what we got but it’s all about confidence and quality and at the moment we have neither.
    I think with Ramsey, ODowda back and 2 more we would improve massively. I think top 6 is always a huge ask no matter who you bring in but we would need a few who start.

We should give Plymouth wherever they want for Hardie and Whittaker.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    We should give Plymouth wherever they want for Hardie and Whittaker.
    They look exciting as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    They look exciting as hell.
    The total opposite to us.

We could sign them both and they'd soon look shite. We seem to have that effect.

Not one bit, but the fact we're 6 points off the playoffs is laughable. Very poor division outside of the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Not one bit, but the fact we're 6 points off the playoffs is laughable. Very poor division outside of the top 4.
    I'd agree with that.

Top 5??
    The way we've been lately, I'll be happy with top 20!

No, but I think we're a couple of players away from staying in the upper group in the league within 6 points of 6th, as opposed to slipping into the group 6 points above the relegation threatened teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yep

Two or three players ticking along could easily change our season around

Did anyone seriously think that?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yep

Two or three players ticking along could easily change our season around
    Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Jesus Christ
    Before the bad run this message board had plenty of positive posting that we were a good side at this level

We were a similar amount of points off the play off places as we are now

You will be surprised at some of the posters who now think we are on the road to hell who then thought otherwise 🤔

I will keep my counsel

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Before the bad run this message board had plenty of positive posting that we were a good side at this level

We were a similar amount of points off the play off places as we are now

You will be surprised at some of the posters who now think we are on the road to hell who then thought otherwise ��

I will keep my counsel
    City have over achieved. I still think their league position is a little flattering but I don’t think they’re in any danger of going down.

The gains made prior to October seem to be diminishing and patterns of play seen are no longer there. I’m not sold on Buluts game management but in fairness the quality of players at his disposal are the biggest problem. Is that his fault? He hasn’t had much opportunity to change it.

City are three decent players from being a solid mid table team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    City have over achieved. I still think their league position is a little flattering but I don’t think they’re in any danger of going down.

The gains made prior to October seem to be diminishing and patterns of play seen are no longer there. I’m not sold on Buluts game management but in fairness the quality of players at his disposal are the biggest problem. Is that his fault? He hasn’t had much opportunity to change it.

City are three decent players from being a solid mid table team.
    Unless one of those players is a proper center forward we could be 11 players from decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Unless one of those players is a proper center forward we could be 11 players from decent team.
    I’d suggest a goal scoring forward is the priority.

City are short in midfield and I’m never been convinced by the centre of defence.

City have looked porous recently.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A very good centre forward, a centre mid, a centre half and a left back; and who knows. It's way too late now, but if they came in earlier, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    A very good centre forward, a centre mid, a centre half and a left back; and who knows. It's way too late now, but if they came in earlier, maybe.
    And even then we'd need those to be better than what we have, so they come straight into the first team. A 100% success rate for 4 signings would be almost unheard of, unless the club was prepared to spend silly money. Even then, no guarantees about anything.

And even then we'd need those to be better than what we have, so they come straight into the first team. A 100% success rate for 4 signings would be almost unheard of, unless the club was prepared to spend silly money. Even then, no guarantees about anything.
    Well yes, it is implied they need to be good. We aren't 4 signings away but we are probably 4 players away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Well yes, it is implied they need to be good. We aren't 4 signings away but we are probably 4 players away.
    Agreed, and it shows the level of the task needed. 4 first teamers might mean 7-8 signings. Years of underinvestment, poor transfer decisions, changing managers too often have created this mess.

Agreed, and it shows the level of the task needed. 4 first teamers might mean 7-8 signings. Years of underinvestment, poor transfer decisions, changing managers too often have created this mess.
    Crap managers have created this mess. Last summer, my God. We signed Romeo, Adams, Rinomhota, Sawyers, VDC, Ojo, Etete, Simpson and Allsop. They're so bad it is laughable. Like, I don't expect every striker to hit but they've missed so badly most are not even poor Champ players. Tanner, O'Dowda, Alnwick and Collins are the only semi pluses, and only O'Dowda is really anything to write home about.

6-8 players minimum I reckon to build a squad that can be around the playoffs. The board put us in this position trusting shite managers with no experience to rebuild while cutting costs and whatever half baked recruitment committee they've had in place for the last few years.

Wonder how much we'll end up paying out to this new scout from Eastern Europe who will probably be following Bulut out the door in the next month or two.

The difference between this city side and the one just after Ramsey and O'Dowda injuries is night and day. In those days we took the game to the opposition we passed we moved we were exciting to watch and we beat teams. The difference for me is the manager in those days he fought hard for team now to me he seems like he has given up on the team.