+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Protest at next home game?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Protest at next home game?

Oh yeah and there wont be a protest worth anything because there never is. Were a lazy fickle fanbase that doenst even sing at our home games. Im sorry to rant and rave but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Oh yeah and there wont be a protest worth anything because there never is. Were a lazy fickle fanbase that doenst even sing at our home games. Im sorry to rant and rave but there it is.
    People dont really protest here anymore, we just accept stuff and carry on……

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    People dont really protest here anymore, we just accept stuff and carry on……
    What does the protest achieve? For Tan to sell up? Is that the goal? And then you hope the guy you protested against with an ego and who doesn’t like to be humiliated feels generous and sells to the best person for the club to progress us and not the highest bidder? Maybe he could wipe off his debt as well in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What does the protest achieve? For Tan to sell up? Is that the goal? And then you hope the guy you protested against with an ego and who doesn’t like to be humiliated feels generous and sells to the best person for the club to progress us and not the highest bidder? Maybe he could wipe off his debt as well in the process.
    I don’t really feel a protest is needed…..it is what it is, a team of cheap freebies mid table….not sure what anyone expects?

I don’t really feel a protest is needed…..it is what it is, a team of cheap freebies mid table….not sure what anyone expects?
    Agreed, but I do think there's a need for fans to ask the question of what our aim is as a club. None of us know.

When Hammam took over he wanted to get the PL. Ridsdale saw that as the aim. Since then Tan has taken over, we've got there twice, but there's no focal feature. I have no idea what the aim of the club is, other than promotion on the cheap. Look where that's got us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed, but I do think there's a need for fans to ask the question of what our aim is as a club. None of us know.

When Hammam took over he wanted to get the PL. Ridsdale saw that as the aim. Since then Tan has taken over, we've got there twice, but there's no focal feature. I have no idea what the aim of the club is, other than promotion on the cheap. Look where that's got us.
    Has there ever been an aim or strategy with Tan? I’d like to think he has learnt something in 11 years but I’m not so sure. He got lucky with Warnock in 2018 who performed a miracle but apart from that it’s been one car crash after another for 10 years, he never seems to put his money into the right place, probably because he listens to no one ….im amazed we can still pull 25,000 plus now and then. We deserve more…..

Has there ever been an aim or strategy with Tan? I’d like to think he has learnt something in 11 years but I’m not so sure.
    He's learned that not every player you buy will be a success, so he's keeping his wallet shut unless our chances of promotion are great, and he can reap the dividends in the PL.