+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart Disease

Heart Disease

the BHF today released a statement and the figures for Heart disease just in England is very worrying

https://www.bhf.org.uk/what-we-do/ne...o-14-year-high

Dr Johns reaction to these figures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPvy6pl2oAo

Dr Sonya Babu-Narayan, our Associate Medical Director and Consultant Cardiologist, said: “We’re in the grip of the worst heart care crisis in living memory.

when you see headlines like this surely there should be urgent action to look at the root cause or at least raise awareness within the legacy media

Re: Heart Disease

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    the BHF today released a statement and the figures for Heart disease just in England is very worrying

https://www.bhf.org.uk/what-we-do/ne...o-14-year-high

Dr Johns reaction to these figures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPvy6pl2oAo

Dr Sonya Babu-Narayan, our Associate Medical Director and Consultant Cardiologist, said: “We’re in the grip of the worst heart care crisis in living memory.

when you see headlines like this surely there should be urgent action to look at the root cause or at least raise awareness within the legacy media
    It's the vaccine, **** all to do with us being a nation of fat bastards.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You make it sound like us all mainlining sucrose is a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You make it sound like us all mainlining sucrose is a bad thing!
    The 'Other' stuff at least kept us slim....

The 'Other' stuff at least kept us slim....
    True that. And we used to get a cardio workout when the dealer wouldn’t pick up.

Why don’t you do something about it then, and why did the government keep fast food joints open during lockdown and close gymnasium’s

Go figure

Some good news in an increasingly gloomy world. Although 1 in 3 people will develop cancer, Pfizer have got you covered.

https://www.pfizer.com/science/focus-areas/oncology

Once you have it - all you can then do is take steps to slow it down. If you cant - and early death awaits

Obesity, smoking, no exercise, sugary diet, diabetes.
    Diabetes is the keychain to nearly all of the bad diseases out there.

The fact that people are hooked on sugary process foods is terrible.

A wholefood / low carb mainly plant based diet is the building block in getting rid of the issue.

ps - people should realise that heart disease is incurable. Once you have it - all you can then do is take steps to slow it down. If you cant - and early death awaits

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Why don’t you do something about it then, and why did the government keep fast food joints open during lockdown and close gymnasium’s

Go figure
    Do you mean me personally? I look after myself, i go to the gym 6 evenings a week and try and eat clean. I don't like the gym and i would love to eat a six pack of crisps right now, but i see it as a way of staving off illness and depression. I'm in decent shape. I suppose the Government closed gyms because of the amount of people in them at any one time, and the gasping for air, breathing heavy whn doing cardio etc. Not really a problem in a Take away.

Do you mean me personally? I look after myself, i go to the gym 6 evenings a week and try and eat clean. I don't like the gym and i would love to eat a six pack of crisps right now, but i see it as a way of staving off illness and depression. I'm in decent shape. I suppose the Government closed gyms because of the amount of people in them at any one time, and the gasping for air, breathing heavy whn doing cardio etc. Not really a problem in a Take away.
    I wrongly assumed by your post when you said “us” that you were referring to yourself, but am happy to be corrected, and knowing that the average age of a Covid death was 82.5 ( with all the testing anomalies) there was hardly any risk to fit and healthy gym users, however , fast forward to now and keeping fast food establishments open was not the best option in comparison.

Who knows, perhaps the diet, obesity and alcohol availability combined had something to do with recovery rates and severity of flu and other illnesses similar.

Cut out processed food

Stop eating chips , fries , burgers , Chinese, curry ,sausages , pies , pasta , rice

Give up smoking

Don't drink alcohol

Walk as often as you can

Avoid religion of any kind

People and it's indulgences are one of the biggest problems in UK when it comes to heart disease.

Look no further than the statistics of other healthier lifestyle countries..

We drink and eat, apply very little self responsibility and then expect NHS to fix us, no wonder it's under such financial strain.

I wrongly assumed by your post when you said “us” that you were referring to yourself, but am happy to be corrected, and knowing that the average age of a Covid death was 82.5 ( with all the testing anomalies) there was hardly any risk to fit and healthy gym users, however , fast forward to now and keeping fast food establishments open was not the best option in comparison.

Who knows, perhaps the diet, obesity and alcohol availability combined had something to do with recovery rates and severity of flu and other illnesses similar.
    Back of the net...

You really should let us know what name you were posting under in early 2020 because then we would be able to see how often you were spot on with what you were saying about how the completely new disease which had the experts learning on the job so to speak should have been dealt with.

My recollection is that around this time four years ago there were a rump of posters on here who were forever telling us that Covid was no worse than the flu, that it would not kill as many as it did and it would not reach here anyway - there were others who claimed relatives has contracted Covid months before the first confirmed case here.

Given there were very few alive in 2020 who lived through the Spanish flu epidemic over a century ago, the huge majority of countries in the westernised world at least had not experienced anything like Covid before, so, in those circumstances, there were always going to be mistakes made, glitches discovered and misleading data which would lead to discoveries further down the line as to how the pandemic could have been countered more effectively.

However, throughout most of 2020, the large majority of the population waited for a vaccine to be developed which could begin to turn their lives back towards normality. For myself, I did not expect such a vaccine to be completely free of side effects which would have unfortunate consequences for some who were given it - it was bound to happen, given the pressure to produce something very quickly which would effectively tackle Covid.

As time has gone on, the drawbacks of the vaccine have become clearer and, as a result, that rump of posters I referred to earlier have changed their position. Having had what they were saying at this time four years ago proved to be hopelessly wrong, they've now developed their position to I'm not quite sure what, it's hard to see what the end game is as far as the self professed independent and intelligent thinkers on here are concerned.

One of the aforementioned rump who no longer posts on here used to tell us that all of those who had been given the vaccine would be dead by next year - at least you knew where you stood with him!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

One of the aforementioned rump who no longer posts on here used to tell us that all of those who had been given the vaccine would be dead by next year - at least you knew where you stood with him!
    Maybe he has died of COVID?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You really should let us know what name you were posting under in early 2020 because then we would be able to see how often you were spot on with what you were saying about how the completely new disease which had the experts learning on the job so to speak should have been dealt with.

My recollection is that around this time four years ago there were a rump of posters on here who were forever telling us that Covid was no worse than the flu, that it would not kill as many as it did and it would not reach here anyway - there were others who claimed relatives has contracted Covid months before the first confirmed case here.

Given there were very few alive in 2020 who lived through the Spanish flu epidemic over a century ago, the huge majority of countries in the westernised world at least had not experienced anything like Covid before, so, in those circumstances, there were always going to be mistakes made, glitches discovered and misleading data which would lead to discoveries further down the line as to how the pandemic could have been countered more effectively.

However, throughout most of 2020, the large majority of the population waited for a vaccine to be developed which could begin to turn their lives back towards normality. For myself, I did not expect such a vaccine to be completely free of side effects which would have unfortunate consequences for some who were given it - it was bound to happen, given the pressure to produce something very quickly which would effectively tackle Covid.

As time has gone on, the drawbacks of the vaccine have become clearer and, as a result, that rump of posters I referred to earlier have changed their position. Having had what they were saying at this time four years ago proved to be hopelessly wrong, they've now developed their position to I'm not quite sure what, it's hard to see what the end game is as far as the self professed independent and intelligent thinkers on here are concerned.

I’ve told you many times before regarding my position in respect of your opening sentence and yet you still persist down this dead end. Get over it.

The fact is the average age of a Covid is higher than the average normal death rate is all that needs to be said. I know it’s hard for you to understand data ,but that’s a fact. There are some very interesting articles from a professor of evidence based medicine Carl Hennighan who blows what you say out of the water in respect of IFR rates for people under 60. He’s on Twitter if you’re interested.

I realise that you’re entitled to your own opinions and they are duly noted, but the fact that you’re trying to make out that what I’ve suggested is not open to discussion speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Maybe he has died of COVID?
    I think it would have been with Covid if he did

I’ve told you many times before regarding my position in respect of your opening sentence and yet you still persist down this dead end. Get over it.

The fact is the average age of a Covid is higher than the average normal death rate is all that needs to be said. I know it’s hard for you to understand data ,but that’s a fact. There are some very interesting articles from a professor of evidence based medicine Carl Hennighan who blows what you say out of the water in respect of IFR rates for people under 60. He’s on Twitter if you’re interested.

I realise that you’re entitled to your own opinions and they are duly noted, but the fact that you’re trying to make out that what I’ve suggested is not open to discussion speaks volumes.
    You don't see me getting involved in threads about how Covid is interpreted these days as the experts that independent thinkers deride (unless they say something they agree with) discover the consequences of decisions taken four years ago. What I will get involved in though are discussions where some people make no allowance for what the world was like in early 2020 because of the greatest crisis those of us too young to remember the Second World War had faced in our lifetime.

There is so much we didn't know about Covid back then, but one thing soon got to know was that the average age of those dying was 80 plus. You seize on that as if it was new, game changing, news - it isn't, it was stuff we knew in the spring of 2020. Boris Johnson, apparently, took the view that anyone who'd got beyond their three score years and ten was fair game to Covid, they'd had a decent innings and so they had to accept the hand they were dealt with. You sound as if you believe the same thing and yet who is to say that some eighty plus year olds who died with or from Covid were denied ten to fifteen years of decent quality further life?

Similarly, just because the average age of those who died was eighty two, it doesn't mean everyone who passed away was a pensioner. Neither of the two people living closest to me who passed away because of Covid were that old - one was in his early forties and the other one was sixty two I believe.

Covid the greatest crisis pandemic ever .

Not a single person on earth knew what to do or say .

I suspect heart deaths have increased due to lockdown and no early intervention.

Nevertheless let's blame Boris .

Wales had a chance to use nightingale hospitals as early detection units for heart disease etc, not let them lay bare .

Never-ending PPE waste look on John Pye South Wales Auctions to see the Welsh waste.

No wonder Welsh Labour avoided an inquiry.

Yes we can all be clever after the fact but to bleat on about Boris is pathetic, blinkered and not well investigated, the opposition, unreliable scientists and media boxed the government in and created a shit storm of confusion, and wrong decisions , and everyone forgets Sir Kiers and Europes negative approach to the vaccine funding and roll out ..

Covid or Covid related deaths is 81 to 83 which is close to natural death.

It was wrongly reported and remains so.

I know of no one who was of decent health and lifestyle dying

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Covid the greatest crisis pandemic ever .

Not a single person on earth knew what to do or say .

I suspect heart deaths have increased due to lockdown and no early intervention.

Nevertheless let's blame Boris .

Wales had a chance to use nightingale hospitals as early detection units for heart disease etc, not let them lay bare .

Never-ending PPE waste look on John Pye South Wales Auctions to see the Welsh waste.

No wonder Welsh Labour avoided an inquiry.

Yes we can all be clever after the fact but to bleat on about Boris is pathetic, blinkered and not well investigated, the opposition, unreliable scientists and media boxed the government in and created a shit storm of confusion, and wrong decisions , and everyone forgets Sir Kiers and Europes negative approach to the vaccine funding and roll out ..

Covid or Covid related deaths is 81 to 83 which is close to natural death.

It was wrongly reported and remains so.

I know of no one who was of decent health and lifestyle dying
    The measures were about preventing hospitals from being over run and avoiding a shortage of ventilators. It wasn't just about death. It was understood very early on that COVID was a highly infectious but not highly fatal virus.

Just had a quick look on here, and this is RJK saying the same back in March 2020. It's very boring having the same conversation year-in year-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What we have seen is a lot of older people require hospital treatment for this, and some will die.
    When the hospital capacity is overwhelmed in an area the death rate grows sharply (and there is also probably a knock on effect on unrelated illness not being able to access healthcare). Therefore by taking action to slow the spread of the disease you can save many lives. Even if the same number of people get it in the end, if you slow the spread so hospitals aren't overrun there are much better outcomes

Nevermind gyms the madness of closing schools, lots of kids got lazy and fat during that time. In my day there was probably one fat kid in the school, now there will be several in one class…..

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The measures were about preventing hospitals from being over run and avoiding a shortage of ventilators. It wasn't just about death. It was understood very early on that COVID was a highly infectious but not highly fatal virus.
    The fact that you have mentioned ventilators shows once again how little you know about what this tread is about.

I almost feel sorry for you at times , bless.

A thread with the headline 'Heart Disease' quickly becomes yet another political Punch and Judy thread. No surprises there - but it's rather tiresome.

The easiest way of reconsiling this thread is to say, "those who died of heart disease with the vaccine rather those who died with heart disease because of the vaccine, a fair balance isn't it?. Dem are the rules.