+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diseases from history books making a return.

Re: Diseases from history books making a return.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Looks like you can’t accept being called out on your stupidly. Putting a smiley on something was more of a slight on the media sensation that you appear to fall for time and time again.

You’re also really good at ignoring key points being raised and it’s hilarious seeing you melt

Crack on with your day bra
    Yes, you made me angry, I admit it - I'm strange like that, I get angry when I see a thread on the subject this one was started about being treated as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, you made me angry, I admit it - I'm strange like that, I get angry when I see a thread on the subject this one was started about being treated as a joke.
    Posters like you make it hard work when you simply cannot accept a different perspective. It’s very challenging, perhaps you should consider ignoring posts that are from the out group. I make you angry yet we have never met on a personal level.

Get a sense of perspective for goodness sake, it’s a football messageboard which you’re taking too seriously.

Posters like you make it hard work when you simply cannot accept a different perspective. It’s very challenging, perhaps you should consider ignoring posts that are from the out group. I make you angry yet we have never met on a personal level.

Get a sense of perspective for goodness sake, it’s a football messageboard which you’re taking too seriously.
    You are giving a very good impression of someone who cannot accept TOBW's perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You are giving a very good impression of someone who cannot accept TOBW's perspective!
    On the contrary. Science is not fact. There are arguments for both sides. Just seems to me that the media/government narrative has more and more holes in it.

Could you imagine when the internet was created, a tool that would give humanity access to the best scientific information available it would lead to people actually getting dumber.

Flat Earths, anti vaxxers, climate change denialists. All would fail GCSE Science.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Could you imagine when the internet was created, a tool that would give humanity access to the best scientific information available it would lead to people actually getting dumber.

Flat Earths, anti vaxxers, climate change denialists. All would fail GCSE Science.
    Here you go again, thinking you’re superior in every way, the narcissistic tendencies are strong with you.

Strawman arguments are about your mental capacity limit, and it appears you don’t take on board very well alternative solutions. GCSE science is about your level , right ?

Keep trying though.

Everyone is guilty of such behaviour. You often rant about Brexit and a handful of easily obtainable statistics - all at your fingertips - frequently disprove what you then go on to say.

Everyone is guilty of confirmation bias to a greater or lesser extent.

Here you go again, thinking you’re superior in every way, the narcissistic tendencies are strong with you.

Strawman arguments are about your mental capacity limit, and it appears you don’t take on board very well alternative solutions. GCSE science is about your level , right ?

Keep trying though.
    On the contrary, the arrogance comes from those who spouted so much rubbish back in early 2020 (the law of averages meant there were occasions when they were right, but there were far more when they were wrong) and carry on now as if everything they said has been vindicated.

However, my anger stemmed not so much from the fact that there are those who’s opinions differ from mine on here, but because some of the self proclaimed gifted, independent thinkers n here chose to treat a serious subject like the return of diseases that had disappeared as near as damnit for decades as a joke. I can only presume this was done for one of two reasons, either they were playing the man rather than the ball, something which many, myself included, are guilty of on here from time to time, or, second, the subject matter fell outside the narrow range of subjects these so called independents are interested in - either way, Gluey’s replies in this thread have just been pure childishness.

On the contrary, the arrogance comes from those who spouted so much rubbish back in early 2020 (the law of averages meant there were occasions when they were right, but there were far more when they were wrong) and carry on now as if everything they said has been vindicated.

However, my anger stemmed not so much from the fact that there are those who’s opinions differ from mine on here, but because some of the self proclaimed gifted, independent thinkers n here chose to treat a serious subject like the return of diseases that had disappeared as near as damnit for decades as a joke. I can only presume this was done for one of two reasons, either they were playing the man rather than the ball, something which many, myself included, are guilty of on here from time to time, or, second, the subject matter fell outside the narrow range of subjects these so called independents are interested in - either way, Gluey’s replies in this thread have just been pure childishness.
    There you go again , the fact that you’re calling independent thinkers gifted and self proclaimed shows how much you appear to dislike other opinions. I don’t think they are gifted or even remotely self proclaimed however they are going to be feel slightly vindicated when you consider ANYONE who suggested what’s now being discussed in newspapers, MSM and even in parliament was called out as a conspiracy theorist, anti vax , selfish,crazy left wing , calls to be denied access to healthcare, made to undertake unlawful unpaid work etc etc.

As an aside, the measles debate has been going on for two decades.Tony Blair did more damage regarding vaccine hesitancy than anyone when he was serving prime minister and the effects are still being seen today.

There you go again , the fact that you’re calling independent thinkers gifted and self proclaimed shows how much you appear to dislike other opinions. I don’t think they are gifted or even remotely self proclaimed however they are going to be feel slightly vindicated when you consider ANYONE who suggested what’s now being discussed in newspapers, MSM and even in parliament was called out as a conspiracy theorist, anti vax , selfish,crazy left wing , calls to be denied access to healthcare, made to undertake unlawful unpaid work etc etc.

As an aside, the measles debate has been going on for two decades.Tony Blair did more damage regarding vaccine hesitancy than anyone when he was serving prime minister and the effects are still being seen today.
    I'm only calling them that because at least one of their number on here used those words to describe them.

As far as measles goes, yes, Blair did cause damage, but I would argue not as much as this man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

I'm only calling them that because at least one of their number on here used those words to describe them.

As far as measles goes, yes, Blair did cause damage, but I would argue not as much as this man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield
    Blair was well intentioned when he tried not to say if his son (a baby at the time) had had the jab. I can well understand a parent not wanting to discuss it - as a public figure, once he does that then the floodgates open to all sorts of discussions about a baby who had done nothing to put himself in the public eye. Well intentioned but in the long-term it was a mistake, as it's still being held as a significant event rather than just a media sensation. That baby is now an adult in his 20s.

I'll correct something from earlier in the thread - he didn't eventually allow his son to have the MMR, his son had it following the normal schedule, and Cherie eventually confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Blair was well intentioned when he tried not to say if his son (a baby at the time) had had the jab. I can well understand a parent not wanting to discuss it - as a public figure, once he does that then the floodgates open to all sorts of discussions about a baby who had done nothing to put himself in the public eye. Well intentioned but in the long-term it was a mistake, as it's still being held as a significant event rather than just a media sensation. That baby is now an adult in his 20s.

I'll correct something from earlier in the thread - he didn't eventually allow his son to have the MMR, his son had it following the normal schedule, and Cherie eventually confirmed it.
    Regards of the eventual outcome, it’s well documented that his stance resulted in a huge decrease in take up ,which is still apparent today (which was the whole point of the post) . I sometimes wonder if you’re an actual government bot, the type you see a lot on Twitter, such is your lack of ability to comprehend reality.

The same man was quick to vilify hesitation in response to Covid though.

Regards of the eventual outcome, it’s well documented that his stance resulted in a huge decrease in take up ,which is still apparent today (which was the whole point of the post) . I sometimes wonder if you’re an actual government bot, the type you see a lot on Twitter, such is your lack of ability to comprehend reality.

The same man was quick to vilify hesitation in response to Covid though.
    You don't have to go for insults every time. I agree it was a big deal at the time, it was all over the media and had a big impact back in 2001.

In December China had it's coldest weather on record, 'twas all over BBC News. Oh, hang on.................

I said earlier that it would be interesting to see a breakdown of figures.

Haven't seen that, buy this article does suggest vaccination rates of 95% Scotland, more than 90% in South West England 75% in parts of London.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/24/anti-vaxxers-measles-uk-scotland-england-wales-2023

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    In December China had it's coldest weather on record, 'twas all over BBC News. Oh, hang on.................
    and someone ate a cheese burger in the USA so famine can't be a thing.

For about the 50th time on this forum. For those who deny man mad climate change is a thing, what is the physical process scientists say is causing it, and what about that process do you disagree with.

None of you can answer it, you will insult, deflect, change the subject, say you know the answer but won't tell me. Basically you'll say anything other than answering the question.

and someone ate a cheese burger in the USA so famine can't be a thing.

For about the 50th time on this forum. For those who deny man mad climate change is a thing, what is the physical process scientists say is causing it, and what about that process do you disagree with.

None of you can answer it, you will insult, deflect, change the subject, say you know the answer but won't tell me. Basically you'll say anything other than answering the question.
    Right, I'll be brief as I can. 'Man made Climate Change' is one of many manifestations of a paranoid society - the need to worry, fret, have angst etc. They used to call it middle class guilt. It's why the richer west is tearing itself to bits over green issues, forcing decent hard working people to drive expensive electric cars, useless heating systems, inflated utility charges etc. As for CC, it's never, ever remained constant, not even within a 50 year period, the recent example of record cold weather is an example, but watch for example, the BBC, SKY, etc., nearly every single weather report or forecast or news item always contains a reference to climate change - wind, drought, high, low temps, frogs, whatever. Most used to lap it up. Now it's probably fewer than 50% despite it being preached non-stop wherever you are. Even western governments are beginning shift their views as they realise people are beginning to question their religious-like mantra..

...hang on

Bigger one on the way!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Right, I'll be brief as I can. 'Man made Climate Change' is one of many manifestations of a paranoid society - the need to worry, fret, have angst etc. They used to call it middle class guilt. It's why the richer west is tearing itself to bits over green issues, forcing decent hard working people to drive expensive electric cars, useless heating systems, inflated utility charges etc. As for CC, it's never, ever remained constant, not even within a 50 year period, the recent example of record cold weather is an example, but watch for example, the BBC, SKY, etc., nearly every single weather report or forecast or news item always contains a reference to climate change - wind, drought, high, low temps, frogs, whatever. Most used to lap it up. Now it's probably fewer than 50% despite it being preached non-stop wherever you are. Even western governments are beginning shift their views as they realise people are beginning to question their religious-like mantra..
    Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 17.10.06.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Are you a cartoonist for the Washington Post ?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    ...hang on

Bigger one on the way!
    It's already happened, it's called Twitter. One persons opinion is taken as fact by some, with little evidence and not taking into account said persons extreme beliefs, that doesn't seem to come into play when the 'facts' agree with a persons distorted views. One thing i'm certain about, i don't really know anything. I read, try to keep up to date and i try to have an open mind. It seems to me that so many people struggle with that, And if one person on Twitter regurgitates some tripe that reinforces the prejudices, frustrations, despair, anger, hatred etc who (it seems to me) is all of those things anyway, then iwhatever the're saying must be true. It's a sad state of affairs when blowhards on all sides of the political spectrum are taken so seriously. Emotive, Hateful, desperate.

Are you a cartoonist for the Washington Post ?
    He actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's already happened, it's called Twitter. One persons opinion is taken as fact by some, with little evidence and not taking into account said persons extreme beliefs, that doesn't seem to come into play when the 'facts' agree with a persons distorted views. One thing i'm certain about, i don't really know anything. I read, try to keep up to date and i try to have an open mind. It seems to me that so many people struggle with that, And if one person on Twitter regurgitates some tripe that reinforces the prejudices, frustrations, despair, anger, hatred etc who (it seems to me) is all of those things anyway, then iwhatever the're saying must be true. It's a sad state of affairs when blowhards on all sides of the political spectrum are taken so seriously. Emotive, Hateful, desperate.
    Lots and lots of hate was aimed at people who questioned the narrative during Covid , even on here people were calling out posters who were of a different opinion to undertake unpaid labour.

In any other time that kind of thing could be classed as a criminal act and as far as I know nothing was done on here either. Sad times indeed.

The climate change debate is not as bad yet but is yet another example of pointless rhetoric and arguments.

The majority of cases of TB, HIV in heterosexuals, malaria and enteric fever reported in the UK are migrants

Lots and lots of hate was aimed at people who questioned the narrative during Covid , even on here people were calling out posters who were of a different opinion to undertake unpaid labour.

In any other time that kind of thing could be classed as a criminal act and as far as I know nothing was done on here either. Sad times indeed.

The climate change debate is not as bad yet but is yet another example of pointless rhetoric and arguments.
    And that was wrong. I may have thought that having the vaccine was the right thing for me, but i would never put pressure on someone to do something that they don't want to do. What people do with trheir own body is their business, and people have no right to dictate, on both sides.

The situation with Covid was unique, it's been done to death, but there was obviously going to be panic, hysteria, some of it for the right reasons, some of it not. The media didn't help in my opinion, but that's been the case for years, ever since news became sensationalist and about 'Hits'. The Media put the fear of god into some people, especially the most vulnerable in society. It's the same with Ukraine and whatever else is flavour of the month in the media, full on assault, and when they've exhausted the narrative, it's on to something else.

That's why (in my opinion) it's our responsibility to stay calm, listen to all arguments, all concerns, even if we don't agree. There's way to much reaction out there, whether on the net or on TV. It doesn't do to get to wrapped up in it all, it'll just **** us up and that'll never do. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle