+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diseases from history books making a return.

Re: Diseases from history books making a return.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Right, I'll be brief as I can. 'Man made Climate Change' is one of many manifestations of a paranoid society - the need to worry, fret, have angst etc. They used to call it middle class guilt. It's why the richer west is tearing itself to bits over green issues, forcing decent hard working people to drive expensive electric cars, useless heating systems, inflated utility charges etc. As for CC, it's never, ever remained constant, not even within a 50 year period, the recent example of record cold weather is an example, but watch for example, the BBC, SKY, etc., nearly every single weather report or forecast or news item always contains a reference to climate change - wind, drought, high, low temps, frogs, whatever. Most used to lap it up. Now it's probably fewer than 50% despite it being preached non-stop wherever you are. Even western governments are beginning shift their views as they realise people are beginning to question their religious-like mantra..
    You didn't answer my question.

What is the physical process that scientists say is causing man made climate change and what about that physical process to you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's already happened, it's called Twitter. One persons opinion is taken as fact by some, with little evidence and not taking into account said persons extreme beliefs, that doesn't seem to come into play when the 'facts' agree with a persons distorted views. One thing i'm certain about, i don't really know anything. I read, try to keep up to date and i try to have an open mind. It seems to me that so many people struggle with that, And if one person on Twitter regurgitates some tripe that reinforces the prejudices, frustrations, despair, anger, hatred etc who (it seems to me) is all of those things anyway, then iwhatever the're saying must be true. It's a sad state of affairs when blowhards on all sides of the political spectrum are taken so seriously. Emotive, Hateful, desperate.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Good post.
    Seconded. Twitter is a cause (and symptom) of a lot of discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    ...hang on

Bigger one on the way!
    Ooh err, missus!

It's already happened, it's called Twitter. One persons opinion is taken as fact by some, with little evidence and not taking into account said persons extreme beliefs, that doesn't seem to come into play when the 'facts' agree with a persons distorted views. One thing i'm certain about, i don't really know anything. I read, try to keep up to date and i try to have an open mind. It seems to me that so many people struggle with that, And if one person on Twitter regurgitates some tripe that reinforces the prejudices, frustrations, despair, anger, hatred etc who (it seems to me) is all of those things anyway, then iwhatever the're saying must be true. It's a sad state of affairs when blowhards on all sides of the political spectrum are taken so seriously. Emotive, Hateful, desperate.
    You're following the wrong people by the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You're following the wrong people by the looks of things.
    I don't follow anyone. I do my best to find things out from people who aren't screaming from rooftops because they have a personal agenda. Then i come to my own conclusions, right or wrong, i'm willing to be educated. Some of the stuff i have seen posted on Here (From Twitter) disgusts me, it's vile. Purporting Hatred and reaction, The fuel for those people who already seem disconnected for whatever reason. It's the Internet version of Graffiti daubed in a Public toilet cubicle.

If People want their information in few words, inflammatory, Hateful, designed to provoke rather than reveal, then that's a concern. And for good measure, i'm talking about both sides of the shit fest. When people become desperate and they have no answers then some gravitate towards the 'Bully' they wouldn't do so ordinarily, but their desperation leaves them without an option. Same with politics, people get desperate because they're not listened to, cue populism.

Twitter must have it's uses, but from what i have seen it's infested with Bullies, loud mouths, shit stirrers, who could'nt care a jot about 'The Truth' and the consequences of their words, but only about themselves.

I don't follow anyone. I do my best to find things out from people who aren't screaming from rooftops because they have a personal agenda. Then i come to my own conclusions, right or wrong, i'm willing to be educated. Some of the stuff i have seen posted on Here (From Twitter) disgusts me, it's vile. Purporting Hatred and reaction, The fuel for those people who already seem disconnected for whatever reason. It's the Internet version of Graffiti daubed in a Public toilet cubicle.

If People want their information in few words, inflammatory, Hateful, designed to provoke rather than reveal, then that's a concern. And for good measure, i'm talking about both sides of the shit fest. When people become desperate and they have no answers then some gravitate towards the 'Bully' they wouldn't do so ordinarily, but their desperation leaves them without an option. Same with politics, people get desperate because they're not listened to, cue populism.

Twitter must have it's uses, but from what i have seen it's infested with Bullies, loud mouths, shit stirrers, who could'nt care a jot about 'The Truth' and the consequences of their words, but only about themselves.
    Plenty of credentialed people from all sides post there, plus you have Spaces, where opposing voices thrash out the issues of the day. It's much better than the legacy media echo chamber, as you can actually call people out and ask them to back up what they are saying with hard data, and then you can challenge that data. It's not always pretty, but searching for the truth is not an easy task. I'm like you, data is data, and I never make any rash judgements. Sometimes it can take years to work out what is going on, but once you see it you can't unsee it.

The same happens when it’s about a different topics or who you vote for etc and that has nothing to do with Twitter it happens on here.

The amount of vitriol aimed towards our current owner is staggering hateful ( even down to what he wears ), yet it’s not called out.

Same thing when it comes to supporting a different football team, and the same thing goes if you vote for any politician who isn’t Labour or if you don’t support what’s being reported in Ukraine or side with the Palestinian people.

The list goes on, so I tend to treat those posters accordingly, besides I sincerely doubt they would be as vocal if it was face to face.

Plenty of credentialed people from all sides post there, plus you have Spaces, where opposing voices thrash out the issues of the day. It's much better than the legacy media echo chamber, as you can actually call people out and ask them to back up what they are saying with hard data, and then you can challenge that data. It's not always pretty, but searching for the truth is not an easy task. I'm like you, data is data, and I never make any rash judgements. Sometimes it can take years to work out what is going on, but once you see it you can't unsee it.
    So says the man who never answers a straight question on here

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So says the man who never answers a straight question on here
    I don't have to, but I do know what's coming next long before you do

I don't have to, but I do know what's coming next long before you do
    It’s true though isnt it, you’re asked a straightforward question on here about something you said and you come back with a load of old cryptic bollox which makes you sound like a character from that TV programme from fifty years ago called Kung Fu. You’re at it again in that message to Tuerto;

“It’s not always pretty, but searching for the truth is not an easy task”

So, on these places where people trash out the issues of the day as you put it, have any of these frank discussions where people call each other out and back up what they say with hard data, ever got you to admit you were wrong and change your mind on anything, because, based on what you post on here, the answer has to be no.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s true though isnt it, you’re asked a straightforward question on here about something you said and you come back with a load of old cryptic bollox which makes you sound like a character from that TV programme from fifty years ago called Kung Fu. You’re at it again in that message to Tuerto;

“It’s not always pretty, but searching for the truth is not an easy task”

So, on these places where people trash out the issues of the day as you put it, have any of these frank discussions where people call each other out and back up what they say with hard data, ever got you to admit you were wrong and change your mind on anything, because, based on what you post on here, the answer has to be no.
    You just have to be patient, it nearly all comes true eventually

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Seconded. Twitter is a cause (and symptom) of a lot of discord.
    since Elon has taken over Twitter I find it one of the best and quickest way to reach out for news especially sports/music news

very simple to use and so much variety on there now

just like all platforms it can be abused but I think most critical thinkers so can spot the BS a mile off

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    since Elon has taken over Twitter I find it one of the best and quickest way to reach out for news especially sports/music news

very simple to use and so much variety on there now

just like all platforms it can be abused but I think most critical thinkers so can spot the BS a mile off
    You have to triangulate the data, not strangulate it.

since Elon has taken over Twitter
    Who's Elon? Is he that far right, neo-nazi, racist, wife beater, Tory voting, meat eating, energy guzzling, anti-vaxer, Telegraph reading, GB News watching, fascist bloke?

Who's Elon? Is he that far right, neo-nazi, racist, wife beater, Tory voting, meat eating, energy guzzling, anti-vaxer, Telegraph reading, GB News watching, fascist bloke?
    don't you start i was trying to be diplomatic

imagine quoting stuff from telegram on here would make Organ Morgan sane !

Isn't that his more liberal brother?

You just have to be patient, it nearly all comes true eventually
    And another question ignored.

don't you start i was trying to be diplomatic

imagine quoting stuff from telegram on here would make Organ Morgan sane !
    I was in before Bob

Cracking post.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The majority of cases of TB, HIV in heterosexuals, malaria and enteric fever reported in the UK are migrants
    Like Swallows, House Martens, and Swifts?

What a great line and description.

Edit: I'm gonna steal that or.....creatively swipe it as we say in the biz!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Isn't that his more liberal brother?
    I was talking about Elon and those are his good points!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    What a great line and description.

Edit: I'm gonna steal that or.....creatively swipe it as we say in the biz!
    It sounds like Tuerto spends a lot of time in public toilet cubicles, I think we need to know more