They are having a good transfer window 😔

Re: Ryan Giles has gone to Hull

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    They are having a good transfer window ��
    Something wrong here, he’s had more clubs than Tiger Woods

They are having a good transfer window ��
    Can you explain *good transfer window* please?

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    Can you explain *good transfer window* please?
    It's a transfer window where you actually sign someone, and I don't mean signing someone and shipping them off the Belgium.

They are having a good transfer window 😔
    They’re spending a shed load and they’re almost certainly not going up this year. I’m not entirely convinced this is a fantastic idea?!

Hull have added Billy Sharp, Fabio Carvalho and now probably Ryan Giles this month.

They are investing but I guess the test is how they cope if they don’t go up soon.

Hull and Coventry have spend loads this season , not sure if it will get them anywhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They’re spending a shed load and they’re almost certainly not going up this year. I’m not entirely convinced this is a fantastic idea?!
    Leicester
    Southampton
    Leeds to beat Ipswich in p/o final.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Leicester
    Southampton
    Yes so I don't see why they're going so hard this season? FFP is going to bite them on the arse at some point. More the Carvalho signing, as that will not be cheap.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Leicester
    Southampton
    The relegated teams are established Premier League teams and have the strongest squads and are getting stronger as the season goes on, they should be promoted but as we know the playoff team could slip up.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Hull and Coventry have spend loads this season , not sure if it will get them anywhere though.
    Coventry sold two players for a combined fee of around £30 million in the summer, they’re probably doing better than breaking even with their transfer dealings.

Giles lost eight on the trot when he was last here, why would he have wanted to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Giles lost eight on the trot when he was last here, why would he have wanted to come back?
    He's got 22 assists in the Championship, 9 of them were here. He played well, even if nobody else did.

Our cunning plan to recruit a team of Ryans is falling apart!

Money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's got 22 assists in the Championship, 9 of them were here. He played well, even if nobody else did.
    I wouldn’t have thought it’s an experience he’ll remember with much enthusiasm, my point is that City would be pretty low in any list of Giles’ preferred options I’d have thought.

Coventry sold two players for a combined fee of around £30 million in the summer, they’re probably doing better than breaking even with their transfer dealings.
    Good point about that net spend

https://salarysport.com/football/cov...ity/transfers/

City on the other hand

https://salarysport.com/football/car...ity/transfers/

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    They are investing but I guess the test is how they cope if they don’t go up soon.
    Surely they've got to be close to breaking financial fair play regs

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Surely they've got to be close to breaking financial fair play regs
    Definitely in their last two seasons I'd say and I can't think of any balance the books type sales off the top of my head during that time either.

Rosenior has a very good reputation within the game, but I'd say that, for the money they've spent, Hull could be viewed as under performing so far this season.

I wouldn’t have thought it’s an experience he’ll remember with much enthusiasm, my point is that City would be pretty low in any list of Giles’ preferred options I’d have thought.
    From football perspective agree Bob, but he apparently really enjoyed his time here and is still in touch with a number of our players. His and KM partners both really close still and I suspect if Kieffer was here it'd be even more of a pull. However, we were never going to be in a position to match a loan with a mandatory purchase at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The relegated teams are established Premier League teams and have the strongest squads and are getting stronger as the season goes on, they should be promoted but as we know the playoff team could slip up.
    Increasingly this will become the case every year, the gulf between the Prem and Champ will just continue to grow. Assuming the bottom 3 go down - Luton maybe not but the other two have been in the Prem over the last 10 years for long enough to be at a different financial level.

Good on them for giving it a go, certainly some great championship signings but I’d imagine they are more likely getting points deducted and in league 1 in a few years than in the Prem.