+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL Schedule 24 / 25

EFL Schedule 24 / 25

Following consideration by the EFL Board, the League can today confirm the fixture schedule for the 2024/25 season with kick-off set to take place over the weekend of 10/11 August 2024, with the regular League campaign ending on May 3, 2025.

The 46 rounds of League matches will take place across 33 weekends, 9 midweeks and 4 Bank Holidays in the Championship, with Leagues One and Two playing over 36 weekends, 6 midweeks and 4 Bank Holidays.

The Cup and Trophy competitions remain in their current formats with the Carabao Cup beginning in mid-August and the Group Stage of the Bristol Street Motors Trophy, involving League One, League Two and 16 invited under-21 Premier League teams, starting in early September. The Sky Bet Play- Offs will take place over the 2025 May Bank Holiday Weekend.

EFL Chief Executive, Trevor Birch said: “Whilst the fixture calendar remains a shared asset across the EFL, Premier League and Football Association, additional pressures from revamped European competitions means that scheduling across the season remains challenging and complex, so it requires a whole game response to find a solution.

“As it stands there is no agreement in place to make any changes to the Carabao Cup’s two-legged semi-final format, which continues to provide significant financial benefit to EFL Clubs.

“The League remains committed to a review of the calendar, but any significant changes cannot be made unilaterally, and would need to come with significant levels of compensation and adopted as part of any new distribution deal with the Premier League and its Clubs.”

Re: EFL Schedule 24 / 25

The 2024/25 season is the first of a new five-year broadcasting deal with Sky Sports which is worth £935m. A minimum of 328 Championship matches will be broadcast, as well as all 93 Carabao Cup ties. Every weekend there will be 10 live games shown with five from the Championship

Thinly veiled "I don't think City are going up this year" thread NQAT 🥲

Presumably this means that every Championship club is looking at 8 fixtures moved from 3pm on a Saturday to accommodate TV coverage.

How many games in the championship are broadcast on tv currently? I’m overseas and it seems like there is 1 or 2 per week

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    How many games in the championship are broadcast on tv currently? I’m overseas and it seems like there is 1 or 2 per week
    Yes, that's about right. Current details are here: https://footieontv.com/efl/

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Presumably this means that every Championship club is looking at 8 fixtures moved from 3pm on a Saturday to accommodate TV coverage.
    5 Championship fixtures every weekend will be moved for live coverage. If around 30 of our games are weekend fixtures and every side is chosen as often, it could be more like 12 or 13 games. If you're a more fashionable club or going for promotion, I suspect you won't see too many 3pm Saturday games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    5 Championship fixtures every weekend will be moved for live coverage. If around 30 of our games are weekend fixtures and every side is chosen as often, it could be more like 12 or 13 games. If you're a more fashionable club or going for promotion, I suspect you won't see too many 3pm Saturday games.
    Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of the number of home 3pm games that would get moved but didn't say that! My concern is how it would impact on the desirability of a season ticket.
    So approx 8 HOME 3pm kick offs moving, half of them going to 12:30 on Sat looking at their proposal and the other half not clear but presumably a mix of 5:15 on Sat and some to Sunday.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of the number of home 3pm games that would get moved but didn't say that! My concern is how it would impact on the desirability of a season ticket.
    So approx 8 HOME 3pm kick offs moving, half of them going to 12:30 on Sat looking at their proposal and the other half not clear but presumably a mix of 5:15 on Sat and some to Sunday.
    It could be as many as that. I haven't read anything to suggest any sort of evenness with the games they pick.

it also shows what bollocks these pundits talk about the championship being a slog sat and tues games all the time

getting less enticing to renew my ST, 5:15 KO I can deal with but 12:30ko on a saturday is just too early for me, nor will I be to happy about Sunday games because of sky

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysFeelinBlue View Post
    getting less enticing to renew my ST, 5:15 KO I can deal with but 12:30ko on a saturday is just too early for me, nor will I be to happy about Sunday games because of sky
    Very much the issue with me. I have a 3 hour journey plus any traffic delays so 12:30 kick-offs mean a 8am departure from home. Sundays tend to just be a PITA (largely the return journey), and "weekend" games moving to Friday at 7:45 are a definite non-starter for me.

Very much the issue with me. I have a 3 hour journey plus any traffic delays so 12:30 kick-offs mean a 8am departure from home. Sundays tend to just be a PITA (largely the return journey), and "weekend" games moving to Friday at 7:45 are a definite non-starter for me.
    I thought I had it bad 30 miles away, think Surrey is a bit further! haha