+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Rashford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Marcus Rashford

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Just people at the end of the day. He's a young man enjoying a night out. He shouldn't be missing training but its still a job for him. I've certainly called in unwell a few times in the past.

The issue is people like to expect perfection and complete professionalism from these star names when in reality he's 26 with more money than he can ever spend.
    If the stories are to be believed, he does more than a bit of clubbing these days. Modern footballers get into it when they are young kids, so it's not surprising if they are a bit fed up by the time they reach their mid-twenties.

Lots of kids in Manchester now suffering from malnutrition and rickets because Marcus turned his back on them. He should hand back his MBE before he needs to auction it.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    Lots of kids in Manchester now suffering from malnutrition and rickets because Marcus turned his back on them. He should hand back his MBE before he needs to auction it.
    I can only assume you're joking. The fault for this lies much further south than Manchester

International

Just people at the end of the day. He's a young man enjoying a night out. He shouldn't be missing training but its still a job for him. I've certainly called in unwell a few times in the past.

The issue is people like to expect perfection and complete professionalism from these star names when in reality he's 26 with more money than he can ever spend.
    He has advisers and is taught how to behave from a young age, they explain what he should be doing and that it's a short career, some men can accept responsibility, but thickos can't simple as that. No one should feel sorry for him at the start of his working life and the opportunities he's been given, he'll probably blow it and end up a mess.

That doesn’t give him the right to ‘call in sick’. I don’t want to judge him by my standards but I never have and I’ll bet loads of other people haven’t either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He has deprived the fans of value, the ones who pay his wages via the gate, TV subscriptions, and are mined by the advertisers, etc. In that sense he is representative of all footballers, and he should be setting a good example with his high profile. How would you like it if you turned up for a game at the CCS, and half the team were missing because they got pissed the night before? This is the high level view of events, but you get the picture. If Rashford can do it so can everybody else.
    The sanctimony is strong in this one! Give over. As for the last part. I’d be f*cking ecstatic. It would at least add some excitement to attending a home game! In other news, young bloke gets pissed on a school night and phones in sick shock!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The sanctimony is strong in this one! Give over. As for the last part. I’d be f*cking ecstatic. It would at least add some excitement to attending a home game! In other news, young bloke gets pissed on a school night and phones in sick shock!
    Be fair, Rashford is the first Manchester United player to do it since George Best's shenanigans half a century ago

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Be fair, Rashford is the first Manchester United player to do it since George Best's shenanigans half a century ago
    And Georgie boy was celebrated for his drinking, shagging, not turning up etc. I know why old white blokes hate Rashford. Black working class kid coming off an estate earning fantastic money, then calling out the Tories. He dhould know his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And Georgie boy was celebrated for his drinking, shagging, not turning up etc. I know why old white blokes hate Rashford. Black working class kid coming off an estate earning fantastic money, then calling out the Tories. He should know his place.
    You might be overthinking this. At the end of the day we are all only human, and I'd probably also sacrifice a lucrative career for one night with the girl on the left. The girl on the right probably not, and I would have been on the early flight home, all tucked up in bed by 8pm.

And Georgie boy was celebrated for his drinking, shagging, not turning up etc. I know why old white blokes hate Rashford. Black working class kid coming off an estate earning fantastic money, then calling out the Tories. He dhould know his place.
    Old white [Tory] blokes gave him an MBE - for doing what probably hundreds of other people do without being recognised for their efforts..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Old white [Tory] blokes gave him an MBE - for doing what probably hundreds of other people do without being recognised for their efforts..
    So no one should have an MBE unless they give them all at once to deserving people?

It's such a weird hill to die on.

International

Was he celebrated when he was playing?

He was a charismatic bloke with a good story and was very happy and bangin' Miss Worlds, but people were still critical even when his career was over.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25587...n-utd-tequila/

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Was he celebrated when he was playing?

He was a charismatic bloke with a good story and was very happy and bangin' Miss Worlds, but people were still critical even when his career was over.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25587...n-utd-tequila/
    Well, he did alright with his after dinner speeches and ' Audience With' for years on end, crammed to the hilt with Blokes who loved those old pissed up stories regurgitated by Georgie Boy.

And Georgie boy was celebrated for his drinking, shagging, not turning up etc.
    Everybody likes to think that Bestie was Jack the lad, but there was a sadness among those who played with him. I've heard stories about how great he was on the pitch, and the stuff he used to do in training, but ultimately it is a story about wasted talent and letting other people down.

Everybody likes to think that Bestie was Jack the lad, but there was a sadness among those who played with him. I've heard stories about how great he was on the pitch, and the stuff he used to do in training, but ultimately it is a story about wasted talent and letting other people down.
    Yup, i'd agree entirely, very sad. He was used and spat out when there was nothing left for him to do. The point i was making is that plenty of football fans have immortalised Best, and giggled away at his drunken behaviour, celebrated on TV in the 80s and 90s etc. It's cultural, and Best's culture was white working class (the lowest kind), shagging, pissed up etc. ou know as well as i do that plenty of blokes have been back slapped by their peers for that type of behaviour. Rashford gets involved, different story, because different culture.

The sanctimony is strong in this one! Give over. As for the last part. I’d be f*cking ecstatic. It would at least at some excitement to attending a home game! In other news, young bloke gets pissed on a school night and phones in sick shock!
    Ok, your favourite band is U2. You buy a ticket and you are really excited about going to the concert. When you turn up the Edge is doing vocals because Bono decided to get pissed the night before. Now imagine if every second person did this across every entertainment sector.

Greta is not an entertainer that the public pay good money to see. She is an agent of change and gets paid for her services by rich benefactors.
    Is that opposed to the rich benefactors that tell us global warming is a myth or that we can't do anything about it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That doesn’t give him the right to ‘call in sick’. I don’t want to judge him by my standards but I never have and I’ll bet loads of other people haven’t either.
    I’ve done it plenty of times and I bet loads of other people have as well.

I’ve done it plenty of times and I bet loads of other people have as well.
    That makes it Ok then.

I must have a different view of my (very meagre admittedly) responsibility to my employers.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That makes it Ok then.

I must have a different view of my (very meagre admittedly) responsibility to my employers.
    Lazy undisciplined Bustards do it, I'm with you, even if you're feeling rough it's self-inflicted work through it

I once got a speeding ticket too. And other times I got away with it. I’m glad I got that off my chest.

Ok, your favourite band is U2. You buy a ticket and you are really excited about going to the concert. When you turn up the Edge is doing vocals because Bono decided to get pissed the night before. Now imagine if every second person did this across all entertainment sectors.
    You lost me at U2.

You lost me at U2.
    Ok, Take That is your favourite band and Gary Barlow didn't turn up because he got pissed the night before!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    👍I think some of these pious posters should sit in on an an AA or NA meeting for a reality check. I was thinking about Best the other day and just how unforgiving the media and public were about his alcoholism.

I think some of these pious posters should sit in on an an AA or NA meeting for a reality check. I was thinking about Best the other day and just how unforgiving the media and public were about his alcoholism.
    Ah, the old appeal to emotion fallacy. Well done, Rashford was more interested in having a good time with his mate and a couple of girls