+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newport v Man Utd

Re: Newport v Man Utd

James Waite on......I always liked County..back in the day...in the sixties, when I didn't go away with City I used to go to Somerton Park to watch County.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s not a love in I don’t think, it’s more what they’ve achieved over the last twenty odd years administration wise that’s admirable. They were shot, gone, fecked, to get to where they are now on and, particularly, off the pitch is nothing short of miraculous. Forget things like hate & toxic rivalry, it was proper football loving people who resurrected them. I’ve got nothing but admiration for men like David Hando.
    County hate Cardiff and you can't win really ......praise them and they say we are patronising them

But for the true County fans I think they are to be proud of their team and their club today after their really bad years

I would love to see them get a third and get up to old Trafford

I would never think that of Swansea or Bristol

[QUOTE=Cleve van Leef;5485194]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Unfortunate faux pas by Rob Phillips. Mentioning fans singing "Antony's the greatest", but Blakey corrected him as the Cewnty fans were definitely not using the word greatest. [/
    Someone seems to have changed the post of your love for all four Welsh clubs to a smiley for Eric's post Cleve

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Don’t understand the love in with County….they hate Cardiff !
    Some City fans used to have a soft spot for Swansea Town back in the day….that ended well.
    I’ve always liked County, but, even if I didn’t, I’d have to admire any fourth tier side that came back from 2-0 down against a Premier League team. When a top side goes 2-0 up so early in a cup tie, it’s usually game over and a question of how many they’ll score, County deserve tremendous credit for turning what threatened to be a procession into a very good cup tie.

Can we get Will Evans on loan?

If I was city I would be looking at Will Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve always liked County, but, even if I didn’t, I’d have to admire any fourth tier side that came back from 2-0 down against a Premier League team. When a top side goes 2-0 up so early in a cup tie, it’s usually game over and a question of how many they’ll score, County deserve tremendous credit for turning what threatened to be a procession into a very good cup tie.
    We have had our bad times

But nothing compared to them

They have done well today

Burnley Reds Banner

They can definitely get a puncture on the way home

Well Cwnty, you made Welsh fans very proud , really took the game to them .

Few of my mates will be on the lash tonight , enjoy it yer Exiles ..nutters

A very ungracious Manager, Ten Hag, if he was a woman he would be a “hag”.

Haag really comes across as easily dislikable doesn’t he.

Really gracious interview by Ten Haag - miserable sod.

From what I’ve seen from us this season, there is no way we could have mustered a performance like Newport did today, never mind score 2 goals.

[QUOTE=MacAdder;5485206]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Someone seems to have changed the post of your love for all four Welsh clubs to a smiley for Eric's post Cleve
    It was supposed to have been a reply to another poster by the name of Grangebander

He’d make a good warm up man at a crematorium.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Haag really comes across as easily dislikable doesn’t he.
    Typical arrogant Premiership manager.

Also shunned the Coughlan, The County Manager at full time.

Classless.

[QUOTE=Cleve van Leef;5485221]
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

It was supposed to have been a reply to another poster by the name of Grangebander
    Ah okay. I do think you need to lighten up a bit though Cleve.
    You missed my point on my post regarding Cewnty's first goal and again with the fans'* rivalry thing. The way you're going on, anyone would think we were the only 'edgy' fans in football.

People have different reasons for liking or disliking other clubs/players/fans/ownership etc...
    For what it's worth I wanted to see County win today and become giant killers as I do when they are playing their league games, being Welsh and, for want of a better expression, "our inferiors".
    If they happen to find themselves in our league though, I'm sure my position will change.

A very ungracious Manager, Ten Hag, if he was a woman he would be a “hag”.
    right miserable fecker! mind you Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Also shunned the Coughlan, The County Manager at full time.

Classless.
    Unless I missed it, it seemed as though only the Manchester captain and manager were interviewed post match.

[QUOTE=MacAdder;5485231]

Ah okay. I do think you need to lighten up a bit though Cleve.
    You missed my point on my post regarding Cewnty's first goal and again with the fans'* rivalry thing. The way you're going on, anyone would think we were the only 'edgy' fans in football.

People have different reasons for liking or disliking other clubs/players/fans/ownership etc...
    For what it's worth I wanted to see County win today and become giant killers as I do when they are playing their league games, being Welsh and, for want of a better expression, "our inferiors".
    If they happen to find themselves in our league though, I'm sure my position will change.

International

Made a game of it, it was very entertaining at 2-2 and United looked quite scared, a draw would have been good and given them a big cash injection!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This. You know Don from the Missing right? The drummer. He was on the front page of the Echo covered in stitches and lost teeth. **** them. Man Utd though
    Had a few run ins with them on Corporation Road ! Horrible lot, used to ambush small groups from the side streets….still do apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    You’d get this reaction for any League 2 team playing a PL side. Relax and stay insular and tribal if you want to.
    I said ….they hate Cardiff, and most of them would be cheering on Man United if we were playing them for sure.