+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7000 Wrexham To Blackburn

Re: 7000 Wrexham To Blackburn

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They're shit, don't know what the hype is about.
    Mate. they can't be that bad Championship side ,,,okay they have let in 53 goals,,so you have a point

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Game over. Very disappointed with Wrexham considering Blackburn are hardly setting the Championship alight!
    There are times when the gulf in class is obvious.

Well I predict they will be in league 1 next season so they arecuseful,enough

Cewnty were a better watch.

Wrexham looked a very slow & aging team, experience has got them so far but they’ll need a major overhaul soon.

This team are League 2. It’s credit to them that many may have felt they were favourites tonight, daft that it seems. They are living up to the ‘hype’ though as I expect they will win the league again. That’s some achievement.

Promotion and throw even more cash at it, despite Rob and Ryan saying the project needs to be sustainable, its not going to be till they reach as far as they can get with Hollywood money

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well that's a good effort fair play
    Fair-weather fans, it's easy when they are winning every week!

It was nice to see them getting stuffed

International

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Paul Mullins fares against higher opposition....
    Yes, it was he's not up to it, the gap there was huge too.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    thank feck we're not playing them as it would be embarassing.
    They are rubbish

Long journey back to Hollywood for the glory hunters

Was 7000 the amount of fans they took or the amount of times bbc wales mentioned it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Was 7000 the amount of fans they took or the amount of times bbc wales mentioned it?
    just in case you missed itthey had 7000 there

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Wrexham looked a very slow & aging team, experience has got them so far but they’ll need a major overhaul soon.
    They are decent at home, not great away.

Why have they’ve put a temporary stand up behind the goal? Aren’t they supposed to be building a proper new one for when they get the PL in 2/3 years time?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    No different to when "saviour" Sam Hammam came to us.
    Positive publicity, support increases.

I have no affiliation with either club but being Welsh and underdogs, I will be in red cheering supporting in a scouse accent tonight.

There is a big difference, in so much as they are the 80th best supported club in the league , and the business model will soon implode and they return to 2,000 crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    There is a big difference, in so much as they are the 80th best supported club in the league , and the business model will soon implode and they return to 2,000 crowds.
    They’ll never go back to crowds that low again. Not for a long long time anyways. The same way we wouldn’t see our crowds return to what they were if we were to end up back in League 1 or League 2.

Wrexham have won over a new generation of fans that the previous 15 years in the National League couldn’t. People have hope and a reason to take their kids, who will in turn take their children in the future.

Just like our successes between 2006-2014 have attracted new, probably lifelong fans. Compare our crowds from before the 2008 final to after, I’d put money on there being kids at the CCS this season who’s parents were introduced to the club because of that cup run when they were kids themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    They’ll never go back to crowds that low again. Not for a long long time anyways. The same way we wouldn’t see our crowds return to what they were if we were to end up back in League 1 or League 2.

Wrexham have won over a new generation of fans that the previous 15 years in the National League couldn’t. People have hope and a reason to take their kids, who will in turn take their children in the future.

Just like our successes between 2006-2014 have attracted new, probably lifelong fans. Compare our crowds from before the 2008 final to after, I’d put money on there being kids at the CCS this season who’s parents were introduced to the club because of that cup run when they were kids themselves.
    True , but before Reynolds takeover, their average crowd was still only around 3/4,000 which includes a fairly decent amount of away supporters

True , but before Reynolds takeover, their average crowd was still only around 3/4,000 which includes a fairly decent amount of away supporters
    Assuming R+R don’t leave tomorrow, it’s almost a certainty Wrexham are in League One next season or the season after (I thought they’d struggle more this season but they’re proving me wrong).

If the duo were to leave when Wrexham were in League One I can still see them drawing crowds of 10k+ for a good few years. If they stagnate or get relegated maybe they’d dip to 7k or 8k but I think for the next few decades that’s the worst they’re looking. Barring an absolute disaster obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Assuming R+R don’t leave tomorrow, it’s almost a certainty Wrexham are in League One next season or the season after (I thought they’d struggle more this season but they’re proving me wrong).

If the duo were to leave when Wrexham were in League One I can still see them drawing crowds of 10k+ for a good few years. If they stagnate or get relegated maybe they’d dip to 7k or 8k but I think for the next few decades that’s the worst they’re looking. Barring an absolute disaster obviously.
    Yes , you’re right, and let’s be honest crowds in the bottom 3 divisions have all seen a remarkable improvement in support.

Stockport are getting 10k crowds, ( when I visited there in the old div 4 they were getting 1,800) Notts County had 16,000 earlier in the season for example. Even Scunthorpe are getting larger attendances than when they were in the league.

Yes , you’re right, and let’s be honest crowds in the bottom 3 divisions have all seen a remarkable improvement in support.

Stockport are getting 10k crowds, ( when I visited there in the old div 4 they were getting 1,800) Notts County had 16,000 earlier in the season for example. Even Scunthorpe are getting larger attendances than when they were in the league.
    Stockport 10,000…..wow that’s strange….

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's 2 hours
    that can't be right

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that can't be right
    It’s only an hr.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It’s only an hr.