+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Avoid M4 This Morning

Avoid M4 This Morning

Serious accident closes M4 between Cardiff Gate and Newport

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ts-m4-28534665

Re: Avoid M4 This Morning

It’s a daily occurrence somewhere along the m4 in Wales, one of the worst in the uk now surely

I'll see your M4and raise you a M5 around Bristol and Avonmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

No more new roads.... remember that....and no M4 relief road. Newport to Cardiff might as well be a mud track. I used to do that daily - working from home since covid, petrol costs just about gone, commute time non existent and when previously I had to get to Bristol or London for work on the train - that has gone to - so any train strike no longer affects me. One of the few benefits of covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Yes having lived in Bristol for 4 years I tend to agree….that 20 mile stretch from Newport over to the m5 is right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    No more new roads.... remember that....and no M4 relief road. Newport to Cardiff might as well be a mud track. I used to do that daily - working from home since covid, petrol costs just about gone, commute time non existent and when previously I had to get to Bristol or London for work on the train - that has gone to - so any train strike no longer affects me. One of the few benefits of covid.
    I’ve noticed how bad the traffic is in Cardiff lately, probably because no one can rely on any sort of public transport and the fact it’s useless anyway if your going from one suburb to another not into the centre….which most people need. I dread to think how bad the emissions are now? I bet we won’t hear about it though….had to drop my boy off the other day at 8am to school, he usually walks, reckon it took me 30 minutes round trip to get one mile and back to Whitchurch rd..it’s not even an option to drive which is of course what “they” want….i bet those who live along Allensbank rd must love seeing queuing traffic outside their houses everyday for the first time ever…..just for a cycle lane put in the wrong place…

International

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

All the talk about saving lives with speed, it's improving dangerous stretches of motorways they should concentrate on, that's where most of the deaths occur along with fast A Roads and tractors pulling out.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’ve noticed how bad the traffic is in Cardiff lately, probably because no one can rely on any sort of public transport and the fact it’s useless anyway if your going from one suburb to another not into the centre….which most people need. I dread to think how bad the emissions are now? I bet we won’t hear about it though….had to drop my boy off the other day at 8am to school, he usually walks, reckon it took me 30 minutes round trip to get one mile and back to Whitchurch rd..it’s not even an option to drive which is of course what “they” want….i bet those who live along Allensbank rd must love seeing queuing traffic outside their houses everyday for the first time ever…..just for a cycle lane put in the wrong place…
    Many roads in Cardiff are now single lane to accomodate deserted bus and cycle lanes, the result, inevitably, is congestion.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Many roads in Cardiff are now single lane to accomodate deserted bus and cycle lanes, the result, inevitably, is congestion.
    Deliberate, slowly making driving less pleasurable, and trying to reduce car usage.

Cardiff Bus frequently post on their Facebook page that a service is delayed because of congestion. If only they realised that by slowly cutting their own services, people will have to revert back to their cars.
    Cardiff Bus can be part of the solution but don't help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Deliberate, slowly making driving less pleasurable, and trying to reduce car usage.
    For what purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    👍

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    For what purpose?
    Green lefty stuff, reduce the number of car journeys, recycle rubbish, drive like a hearse, live miserably stop enjoying life, they can shove it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Yep with no alternative transport method, brilliant minds down there in the bay….

For what purpose?
    Drive people insane?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Cardiff traffic problems are down to one Labour Councillor - Caro Wild.
    Chris Welch - his form activist campaigner spilled the beans, which most people knew anyway. Wanted to cause as much traffic chaos in Cardiff as possible. Structured the bus lanes so that on Castle street for example it it continuously blocked. Causing more air pollution as people just in their vehicles with the engines running. He spent over 3 million closing and then having to re open Castle street. He spent 1 million pounds on a bus lane on Cathedral road - that saves (in his words) 30 seconds journey time.

Caro Wild lived on a commune with his parents , he is from Leeds and somehow ended up in Cardiff as a Labour Councilor . His Mrs used to be on the nextdoor app telling how amazing he is - she forgot to mention she lives with him.

Green lefty stuff, reduce the number of car journeys, recycle rubbish, drive like a hearse, live miserably stop enjoying life, they can shove it all.
    Actually, a lot of people don't have a problems with any of this, but it does seem like most cars will eventually be forced off the road, and our public transport is not fit for purpose. If you want to make a lot of money, start investing in companies that manufacture walking shoes. It's going to be a huge market in a couple of years time.

International

Actually, a lot of people don't have a problems with any of this, but it does seem like most cars will eventually be forced off the road, and our public transport is not fit for purpose. If you want to make a lot of money, start investing in companies that manufacture walking shoes. It's going to be a huge market in a couple of years time.
    It's a great idea, to make Wales as uncompetitive as possible, at the expense of employment and an economy, but hey we're green butt look at us!

It's a great idea, to make Wales as uncompetitive as possible, at the expense of employment and an economy, but hey we're green butt look at us!
    Come visit Wales, the walking capital of the world