+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Re: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    One thing i've noticed is the cost of disabled care, there is so much more help compared to the old days adapted houses, cars, taxis to school day centers their own adapted homes, and the equipment is not cheap and the cost of home improvements. Of course, this is needed and very good for hard-working families who take on a lot of responsibility themselves, but the cost must be massive and will have accounted for a much larger proportion of the money than in the distant past, and I think you could apply this thought to every service provided.

Basically, the NHS, social care and housing services requirements have gone through the roof and will no longer be able to be funded in the long term, some very tough decisions are going to be needed in the coming years., things are just getting worse by the week.
    When you say things cannot be afforded, do you agree with tax avoidance by the most wealthy?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I've had two rubble sacks dumped on my drive, with no instruction as to what they are, or what they're for. I guess these are the 'new rubbish sacks' everyone is talking about. Still got no idea which one to use for what. Mindless waste of money.
    welcome to hell

One thing i've noticed is the cost of disabled care, there is so much more help compared to the old days adapted houses, cars, taxis to school day centers their own adapted homes, and the equipment is not cheap and the cost of home improvements. Of course, this is needed and very good for hard-working families who take on a lot of responsibility themselves, but the cost must be massive and will have accounted for a much larger proportion of the money than in the distant past, and I think you could apply this thought to every service provided.

Basically, the NHS, social care and housing services requirements have gone through the roof and will no longer be able to be funded in the long term, some very tough decisions are going to be needed in the coming years., things are just getting worse by the week.
    The inevitable consequences of improvements in medical care. People living longer and more babies surviving after being born earlier, with the lifelong complications and disabilities that often come with that. The current funding model to provide the necessary care isn't sustainable and has to change.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I've had two rubble sacks dumped on my drive, with no instruction as to what they are, or what they're for. I guess these are the 'new rubbish sacks' everyone is talking about. Still got no idea which one to use for what. Mindless waste of money.
    https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/resid...20and%20handle.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When you say things cannot be afforded, do you agree with tax avoidance by the most wealthy?
    Labour voters answer to everything, make them pay more for me!

International

If it's legal that's fine, if it's not no, governments should look to try and block the loopholes for the super-rich. Even then things will have to change, all the services currently provided are unaffordable and some will have to be reduced, but not bin and recycling collections as they are essential to everyone.

If it's legal that's fine, if it's not no, governments should look to try and block the loopholes for the super-rich. Even then things will have to change, all the services currently provided are unaffordable and some will have to be reduced, but not bin and recycling collections as they are essential to everyone.
    Let's address some of this bit by bit. I had a chat on social media last night with a councillor who is an independant with one local authority in South Wales. He conceded that the reason for failures in council funding come from Westminster and that council tax payers are increasingly being asked to make up some of the shortfall. Most people don't know this. I reckon everybody should know how their local authorities are being funded, and when they are asked to pay increases that are above inflation, they need to be told why. At the moment the vast majority of people just think they pay lots and get less, which certainly doesn't tell the full story. This isn't being anti-Tory as Labour will do exactly the same if they win the next election.

As for the super-rich, I feel there's something horrifically wrong with a country that can create more and more billionnaires (not millionnaires) during a cost of living crisis, while millions of people suffer below inflation pay rises and above inflation rising costs, particularly with energy. If the UK controlled much more of its energy supply things might be different. I have friends in Norway, where hydropower supplies virtually all of the energy the country needs, at a fraction of the cost. Wales and Scotland certainly have the resources to do that. I may be going off on a bit of a tangent, but I feel that the UK is geared almost entirely to providing more and more wealth to the big corporations and those who already have enough in the bank to feed a small country. Worse still is that so many think that's fine, yet homeless people are a blight on society, those struggling to make ends meet are feckless layabouts. Our government continually makes immigration a focal point, deflecting away from other issues - get people angry about a few people trying to cross the channel on a dinghy, not the massive shift of wealth away from working people. While we're busy arguing with ourselves about trivial issues like immigration, the real issues of wealth separation are being conducted behind our backs, we don't know they're happening because we're not meant to know.

Let's address some of this bit by bit. I had a chat on social media last night with a councillor who is an independant with one local authority in South Wales. He conceded that the reason for failures in council funding come from Westminster and that council tax payers are increasingly being asked to make up some of the shortfall. Most people don't know this. I reckon everybody should know how their local authorities are being funded, and when they are asked to pay increases that are above inflation, they need to be told why. At the moment the vast majority of people just think they pay lots and get less, which certainly doesn't tell the full story. This isn't being anti-Tory as Labour will do exactly the same if they win the next election.

As for the super-rich, I feel there's something horrifically wrong with a country that can create more and more billionnaires (not millionnaires) during a cost of living crisis, while millions of people suffer below inflation pay rises and above inflation rising costs, particularly with energy. If the UK controlled much more of its energy supply things might be different. I have friends in Norway, where hydropower supplies virtually all of the energy the country needs, at a fraction of the cost. Wales and Scotland certainly have the resources to do that. I may be going off on a bit of a tangent, but I feel that the UK is geared almost entirely to providing more and more wealth to the big corporations and those who already have enough in the bank to feed a small country. Worse still is that so many think that's fine, yet homeless people are a blight on society, those struggling to make ends meet are feckless layabouts. Our government continually makes immigration a focal point, deflecting away from other issues - get people angry about a few people trying to cross the channel on a dinghy, not the massive shift of wealth away from working people. While we're busy arguing with ourselves about trivial issues like immigration, the real issues of wealth separation are being conducted behind our backs, we don't know they're happening because we're not meant to know.
    Good post.

there’s none so blind who will not see.

My crutch got caught in one of the new sacks alongside the Taff Embankment early this morning.

https://cardiffjournalism.co.uk/thec...-new-strategy/

some info about it here, from march of last year, but I guess still relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

on a side note - how much nicer is that website to read than Wales online.
    I only spotted one mistake so far as well

International

There have always been and always be super rich in every Country, that is the way of the World how do you propose to stop it?

Real eyes Realise Real lies

International

We all know that local councils have bigger responsibilities and that some like Cardiff waste money on daft ideas and mistakes.

This recycling nonsense will end up being reversed when it fails, more people will stick the old green bag recycling stuff in the black bins and the City will be full of even more litter.

There have always been and always be super rich in every Country, that is the way of the World how do you propose to stop it?
    Not to the extend we have here and the US. The gap between the most and least wealthy here is one of the largest anywhere in the world and has grown disproportionately since 2010, when the majority have had to suffer austerity and now cost of living problems. Are you really suggesting things couldn't be different?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    My crutch got caught in one of the new sacks alongside the Taff Embankment early this morning.
    What was your crotch doing near them

International

Not to the extend we have here and the US. The gap between the most and least wealthy here is one of the largest anywhere in the world and has grown disproportionately since 2010, when the majority have had to suffer austerity and now cost of living problems. Are you really suggesting things couldn't be different?
    Is that fact or assumption?

I think it's worldwide with the US being the worst?

it's not ideal but how can anyone possibly change that?

https://www.un.org/en/un75/inequalit...e%20inequality.

In 2018, the 26 richest people in the world held as much wealth as half of the global population (the 3.8 billion poorest people), down from 43 people the year before.

This matters because rapid rises in incomes at the top are driving and exacerbating within country income inequality.

Brilliant idea for the Welsh Government to fine cash-strapped councils for not meeting arbitrary recycling targets.

Is that fact or assumption?

I think it's worldwide with the US being the worst?

it's not ideal but how can anyone possibly change that?

https://www.un.org/en/un75/inequalit...e%20inequality.

In 2018, the 26 richest people in the world held as much wealth as half of the global population (the 3.8 billion poorest people), down from 43 people the year before.

This matters because rapid rises in incomes at the top are driving and exacerbating within country income inequality.
    so if we murder 26 people and redistributed their money, we could double the wealth of 3.8 billion people?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-huge-28722487

Cardiff Council could face a huge fine if it does not go ahead with controversial changes to the way it collects waste and recycling in the city.

so if we murder 26 people and redistributed their money, we could double the wealth of 3.8 billion people?
    Should be fine, I doubt they've got wills written.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Should be fine, I doubt they've got wills written.
    Im also hearing that murder is illegal so looks like they've got every angle covered

Don't Billionaires own shares? If they keep a hold of them how do we tax that?

Don't many billionaires employ thousands of people?

Don't you think it's also fair that the majority that use the services pay for what they use? How many millionaires and billionaires do you see over the Royal Glam on a Saturday morning? Billionaires aren't putting a strain on the country, the masses and masses of people that need services are. If you take the kids to McDonalds for a treat do you buy all the other kids in there a happy meal because you've got the money or do you pay for your own food and leave like the rest of them do!

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Don't Billionaires own shares? If they keep a hold of them how do we tax that?

Don't many billionaires employ thousands of people?

Don't you think it's also fair that the majority that use the services pay for what they use? How many millionaires and billionaires do you see over the Royal Glam on a Saturday morning? Billionaires aren't putting a strain on the country, the masses and masses of people that need services are. If you take the kids to McDonalds for a treat do you buy all the other kids in there a happy meal because you've got the money or do you pay for your own food and leave like the rest of them do!
    billionaires are a strain on this and every other country