+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

International

Re: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Quote Originally Posted by cathays blueboy View Post
    Wouldn't the cost of council tax be reflected for people in "exclusive" areas ?
    Of course it is!

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The bands clearly mean that people in bigger homes and/or more 'exclusive areas' pay more - but Council Tax is regressive and those in lower value homes, in poorer areas with greater state or council needs pay proportionately much more than the affluent.

The Guardian did a good summary of Council debt (40% reduction in real terms central government support to Councils from 2010 to 2020) which is hitting councils of all colours like never before. It also included this snippet:

The issue is exacerbated by the fact that worse-off areas typically have greater needs for council provision despite their smaller tax base. Richard (Partington) points to an example of how that plays out from the Northern Powerhouse Partnership: a house in Hartlepool worth £150,000 pays over £200 a year more in council tax than someone in Westminster in a property worth £8m.
    Stupid system, why should a little old couple (not me) on their own on state pension who saved all there life to live in a big house (with a lawn wow rich bustards) £1 mill in ABC pay way more than a family of ten with all grown-up kids all working and earning big bucks in XYZ £150K house all using all the local services?

Tax on what you earn is fair enough but on what house you own is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Stupid system, why should a little old couple (not me) on their own on state pension who saved all there life to live in a big house £1 mill in ABC pay way more than a family of ten with all grown-up kids all working and earning big bucks in XYZ £150K house all using all the local services?
    That's right - the real victims here are the Westminster asset millionaires not the residents of a massively overcrowded terrace house in Hartlepool.

Thanks for setting me right.

(By the way, I am not defending the Council Tax system at all. Income tax much fairer - combined with a deferred tax on non income wealth for those who are asset rich but cash poor).

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That's right - the real victims here are the Westminster asset millionaires not the residents of a massively overcrowded terrace house in Hartlepool.

Thanks for setting me right.

(By the way, I am not defending the Council Tax system at all. Income tax much fairer - combined with a deferred tax on non income wealth for those who are asset rich but cash poor).
    I wasn't talking about geographical differences, that will be down to labour councils wasting more money, I'm talking about people in Cardiff, all with a useless labour council.

But we agree on the stupid system we have in place.

Of course it is!
    Exactly so shouldn't be charged for collecting garden waste!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Black bins/bags, every 3 weeks !!!!!

Rats dream
    Middle of Summer, rotting waste, what could go wrong

International

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Crappy bags are flying around the streets it's a shambles,m why the hell didn't they make three could plastic mini bins like the glass bottle bins?

They are idiots every single thing they do is utter sh!t !

2 weeks into the new recycling regime here and I absolutely hate it.

the red and blue containers don't close properly so fill up with water and will definitely be attacked by the magpies in our street.
    don't have room for separate bins in the house either, it's a nightmare.

also heard a rumour that last week they ended up chucking the red and blue bags into the same rubbish lorry anyway.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    2 weeks into the new recycling regime here and I absolutely hate it.

the red and blue containers don't close properly so fill up with water and will definitely be attacked by the magpies in our street.
    don't have room for separate bins in the house either, it's a nightmare.

also heard a rumour that last week they ended up chucking the red and blue bags into the same rubbish lorry anyway.
    Agreed about splitting them in the house, I take them into the garden in the green bags still and split them there so will use the seem number of green bags and throw them away.

You can't put them back in your house either, my dog and others p!ss on them as a scent marking thing, they'll stink in no time, could think hession bags are good for recycling rubbish?

International

Crappy bags are flying around the streets it's a shambles,m why the hell didn't they make three could plastic mini bins like the glass bottle bins?

Too late to edit should read -

Crappy bags are flying around the streets it's a shambles, why the hell didn't they make three plastic mini bins like the glass bottle bins?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    If you use the black bins correctly what is going to rot?
    Food waste is collected weekly in brown bins.So no problems.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    If you use the black bins correctly what is going to rot?
    Food waste is collected weekly in brown bins.So no problems.
    Bits of food are probably stuck on the waste containers, and dead rats and hedgehogs if you put them in the bin. Unless your Swansea fan neighbors get into them first.

Might have to change the song from dust bins to red Hession recycling bags?

Bits of food are probably stuck on the waste containers, and dead rats and hedgehogs if you put them in the bin. Unless your Swansea fan neighbors get into them first.
    I put the rats next to the bin for them.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I put the rats next to the bin for them.
    Aye that's the spirit, feed the Jacks

I have bought a sectional waste bin. it connects together and comes apart when you want to dispose. It has a section for glass and plastic, metal and paper, and one for stuff that can't be recycled. Piss easy.

Hardly a football thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Like many others....should be on the Alternate Forum board.....not cluttering this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Like many others....should be on the Alternate Forum board.....not cluttering this one up.
    I have to say It's a rubbish thread

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    The same as the rubbish the city have put out.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Central government cuts .....I said cuts but could have said something else ....means that green waste is the first to be charged for......it could be argued you are lucky to have a lawn and should take it to the tip yourself anyway in these hard times
    It could be argued that if you had a lawn and no car you would be stuffed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    How long have you been on this board Maurice? I did mention this the other day, but don't you remember the golden era for this board back in the early 2000's when it was just a single forum and a pot pourri of all sorts of posts, football,music, politics,films etc,etc.

No- one cared less and it was in my view a much better board.

These days people moan and grizzle about any non football stuff on here.

More's the pity.

I can understand a separate politics board at election times but at any other time it's not needed in my view.

The idea of an Alternative forum has always been BS in my view

But Mike doesn't seem to listen to this view these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A large proportion of residents in Cardiff won't have lawns

People living in exclusive areas complaining that it costs them 30 quid a year to have their grass cuttings taken away is laughable really
    It's what part of my fecking council tax is for.

I concur 🙂

We had the new bags collected last week - "on the same day as normal" except that it was postponed at about 9pm on that day. So all these bags out in the street all day for no reason. This week it should be food bin, black bin, bottle bin, red bag and blue bag.
    What could go wrongThese bags are useless. I thought they'd be rainproof, but all they've got is a couple of velcro patches on the front corners v- and handle at the side so that when you pick them up, it exposes the paper (and plastic) to the elements. Duh!

Utter bollocks as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to be using the glass caddy and recycling metal. But the paper and plastic will be going in the bin bags. I live in a mid terrace and there's no way I'm taking dirty wet bags in and out , ruining my carpets in the process.

As an aside: Whoever wrote the intro to that guidebook deserves to be shot!