Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Let's address some of this bit by bit. I had a chat on social media last night with a councillor who is an independant with one local authority in South Wales. He conceded that the reason for failures in council funding come from Westminster and that council tax payers are increasingly being asked to make up some of the shortfall. Most people don't know this. I reckon everybody should know how their local authorities are being funded, and when they are asked to pay increases that are above inflation, they need to be told why. At the moment the vast majority of people just think they pay lots and get less, which certainly doesn't tell the full story. This isn't being anti-Tory as Labour will do exactly the same if they win the next election.

As for the super-rich, I feel there's something horrifically wrong with a country that can create more and more billionnaires (not millionnaires) during a cost of living crisis, while millions of people suffer below inflation pay rises and above inflation rising costs, particularly with energy. If the UK controlled much more of its energy supply things might be different. I have friends in Norway, where hydropower supplies virtually all of the energy the country needs, at a fraction of the cost. Wales and Scotland certainly have the resources to do that. I may be going off on a bit of a tangent, but I feel that the UK is geared almost entirely to providing more and more wealth to the big corporations and those who already have enough in the bank to feed a small country. Worse still is that so many think that's fine, yet homeless people are a blight on society, those struggling to make ends meet are feckless layabouts. Our government continually makes immigration a focal point, deflecting away from other issues - get people angry about a few people trying to cross the channel on a dinghy, not the massive shift of wealth away from working people. While we're busy arguing with ourselves about trivial issues like immigration, the real issues of wealth separation are being conducted behind our backs, we don't know they're happening because we're not meant to know.
there’s none so blind who will not see.