+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

International

Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

To save you from reading the green book all you need to do is put the red bag and the blue bag in the blue bin, put the blue bin in the black bin, add all your waste on top, and place out for curbside collection.

Re: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

We've only got green bags here

International

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    We've only got green bags here
    You wait, you are in for a treat!

What's wrong with black bin (fortnightly), green bags, food waste (weekly), garden waste (whenever they feel).

Is this new system easier for them to collect?

Haven't got this green book that you talk off as nothing has changed here (yet).
    Happy to do my bit though - it can't be that inconvenient surely.

Black bins/bags, every 3 weeks !!!!!

Rats dream

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Haven't got this green book that you talk off as nothing has changed here (yet).
    Happy to do my bit though - it can't be that inconvenient surely.
    It will be OK for me and most people that have side access, a nightmare for terraced houses.

The hessian bags look rubbish and will fill up with rain water the cardboard and paper will be soaked and they blow around the streets, the glass blue bin looks much better they probably should have gone for similar bins maybe a bit bigger.

It would be a nightmare in a small busy house with lots of children and rubbish and don't have side access.

I'll give it a go but if it's too much hassle I'll black bin it bar the glass, I think they'll end up worse off by it.

The green bags were pretty good simple and used by most people, as usual, if something is OK and working quite well, the council have to step in, make things a lot worse and feck it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    To save you from reading the green book all you need to do is put the red bag and the blue bag in the blue bin, put the blue bin in the black bin, add all your waste on top, and place out for curbside collection.
    Wtf? Every month? Cardiff council are a total mess…..

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Black bins/bags, every 3 weeks !!!!!

Rats dream
    They like the rats, they can charge people £50 to put some poison out…..

Still better than the Vale.

Its so that the council can save a few shekels while simultaneously spending £200 million on an uneeded new arena.

The councils waster mangement department is a joke, real toxic workplace culture there.
    https://nation.cymru/news/strikers-s...rdiff-council/

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Its so that the council can save a few shekels while simultaneously spending £200 million on an uneeded new arena.

The councils waster mangement department is a joke, real toxic workplace culture there.
    https://nation.cymru/news/strikers-s...rdiff-council/
    Funnily enough a mate of mine was a binman with the council for 20 odd years, he’s been on and on for years about how bad it is, often using the phrase “toxic”….he left recently for another firm and cannot believe the difference

Earlier today had a leaflet posted through letterbox, from Unite. They say they will be coming round shortly to ask for signatures to a petition which will be put to the council, asking them to 'get back round the table for negotiations..'. Whatever the rights of wrongs of a dispute, I really don't think the general public should be used as a bargaining tool..

In my council area (Huntingdonshire) we have 3 bins, blue for recycle stuff like paper and plastic, green for garden waste, grass etc, black for everything else. Blue and black every two weeks on Thursday. So blue this week and black next week etc. The green bin is every 4 weeks on Wednesday. Now the council are stopping the green bin to save money but they will offer a special service for the early bird price of only £50 a year to have your green bin emptied. I can't remember the last time I remembered to put my green bin out on time. I don't think I will bother. Further east I have heard that Newmarket are changing to 5 different bins very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by celever View Post
    In my council area (Huntingdonshire) we have 3 bins, blue for recycle stuff like paper and plastic, green for garden waste, grass etc, black for everything else. Blue and black every two weeks on Thursday. So blue this week and black next week etc. The green bin is every 4 weeks on Wednesday. Now the council are stopping the green bin to save money but they will offer a special service for the early bird price of only £50 a year to have your green bin emptied. I can't remember the last time I remembered to put my green bin out on time. I don't think I will bother. Further east I have heard that Newmarket are changing to 5 different bins very soon.
    Central government cuts .....I said cuts but could have said something else ....means that green waste is the first to be charged for......it could be argued you are lucky to have a lawn and should take it to the tip yourself anyway in these hard times

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Earlier today had a leaflet posted through letterbox, from Unite. They say they will be coming round shortly to ask for signatures to a petition which will be put to the council, asking them to 'get back round the table for negotiations..'. Whatever the rights of wrongs of a dispute, I really don't think the general public should be used as a bargaining tool..
    Governments and councils always use the......ordinary hard working general public etc etc ......arguement in disputes between them and the unions

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Still better than the Vale.
    Black bags x3 .....every 3 weeks

20 quid for green waste , grass etc

Seems OK?

Biggest problem is they change it every couple of years so people get confused but apart from that I think it's good mostly ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by celever View Post
    People will burn it or dump it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Central government cuts .....I said cuts but could have said something else ....means that green waste is the first to be charged for......it could be argued you are lucky to have a lawn and should take it to the tip yourself anyway in these hard times
    Jesus Christ lucky to have a lawn

Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Jesus Christ lucky to have a lawn

Are you for real?
    A large proportion of residents in Cardiff won't have lawns

People living in exclusive areas complaining that it costs them 30 quid a year to have their grass cuttings taken away is laughable really

People living in exclusive areas complaining that it costs them 30 quid a year to have their grass cuttings taken away is laughable really
    When all waste was put in a single bin no-one complained then about paying the same amount, whether they had a lawn or not?
    Should I also pay to have a separate hygiene waste collection?

Black bags x3 .....every 3 weeks

20 quid for green waste , grass etc

Seems OK?

Biggest problem is they change it every couple of years so people get confused but apart from that I think it's good mostly ?
    We don’t get any bins is the first thing, so storing 3 black bags over 3 weeks is not ideal. It’s the amount of bags and caddy’s we have to store, also the bags are useless and blow away in the slightest wind.

We have:
    Food caddy
    Glass Caddy
    Green waste bag (if you pay extra)
    Blue bag for plastic
    Orange bag for Cardboard
    White bag for Paper
    Another bag for batteries
    Store 3 black bags

So that’s 7 bags/caddies to store plus 3 black bags
    If you have children you have another caddy for nappies.

The storeage bags are not fit for purpose.

Wouldn't the cost of council tax be reflected for people in "exclusive" areas ?

Quote Originally Posted by cathays blueboy View Post
    Wouldn't the cost of council tax be reflected for people in "exclusive" areas ?
    The bands clearly mean that people in bigger homes and/or more 'exclusive areas' pay more - but Council Tax is regressive and those in lower value homes, in poorer areas with greater state or council needs pay proportionately much more than the affluent.

The Guardian did a good summary of Council debt (40% reduction in real terms central government support to Councils from 2010 to 2020) which is hitting councils of all colours like never before. It also included this snippet:

The issue is exacerbated by the fact that worse-off areas typically have greater needs for council provision despite their smaller tax base. Richard (Partington) points to an example of how that plays out from the Northern Powerhouse Partnership: a house in Hartlepool worth £150,000 pays over £200 a year more in council tax than someone in Westminster in a property worth £8m.

International

What when you pay £285pm council tax, and the only thing I get for it is bins collected every six months when they are not on strike?

Charge for everything else then and make free council tax.