+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Re: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Postponed or cancelled?

They postponed me again, may as well cancel now, can't see them picking up tomorrow and Thursday.
    A couple of months ago our green bag collection got postponed from the Wednesday, eventually being picked up the following Monday. They still turned up 2 days later to collect the green bags as normal that week. Utterly pointless.

Cardiff council recently emailed me saying they need to find savings of 58 odd million pounds and here they are introducing a new bin system with new vehicles - when the old system worked fine.
    Cardiff council are lots of things but business savvy and financially prudent arent two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Cardiff council recently emailed me saying they need to find savings of 58 odd million pounds and here they are introducing a new bin system with new vehicles - when the old system worked fine.
    Cardiff council are lots of things but business savvy and financially prudent arent two of them.
    The new system is designed to improve recycling rates, and should avoid penalties for not recycling enough.
    But they've cocked up big time on its implementation.

International

The new system is designed to improve recycling rates, and should avoid penalties for not recycling enough.
    But they've cocked up big time on its implementation.
    Ikea bags that flap open, let rain flood in and the contents out, and are so light they fly down the street in the wind?

Who designed it, Cardiff nursery kids?

I just can't believe the incompetence of these people, it's wasting so much money!

What do these lot do?

https://cardiff.moderngov.co.uk/mgMe...dex.aspx?bcr=1

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Ikea bags that flap open, let rain flood in and the contents out, and are so light they fly down the street in the wind?

I just can't believe the incompetence of these people, it's wasting so much money!

What do these lot do?

Wait until the ants get in them come summer

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

What do these lot do?

why are you worried about recycling getting wet ?

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post

Because the lazy bastard’s then don’t pick it up

No one is worried about that. But your the huge bags getting wet and then being stored in the house is an issue. Why would anyone want it?

For the first time in 25 years I recycled nothing last week. I just put the stuff in the black bin.

At best ill be putting out a few glass jars every other week, otherwise I simply don't have the storage.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No one is worried about that. But your the huge bags getting wet and then being stored in the house is an issue. Why would anyone want it?

For the first time in 25 years I recycled nothing last week. I just put the stuff in the black bin.

At best ill be putting out a few glass jars every other week, otherwise I simply don't have the storage.
    why keep them in the house ?

why keep them in the house ?
    Because not everybody lives somewhere with a garage or a shed.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Because not everybody lives somewhere with a garage or a shed.
    anywhere outside will do

International

anywhere outside will do
    People in flats?

International

Doesn't bother me personally but the bin men hate it and it makes things harder to sort later.

The bin men used to refuse to pick up large wet cardboard boxes you were supposed to keep them dry by breaking them up and putting them inside green bags, now they are all soaking wet?

Why are you asking daft questions, do you work for the council, or just lack of common sense?

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Because the lazy bastard’s then don’t pick it up
    Aye that too

International

So they've wasted more council money on a birdbrain idea that will fail miserably and cost a fortune in Dennis split trucks Ikea bags, and complaints upset all the workforce, and many the public have stopped recycling for the first time in 25 years, so Council tax will have to increase even further and we will continue to get less and less services.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...e-set-28781358

Black bin bag collections cut in Cardiff as council tax rise is set

I saw them empty my blue "paper and card" sack and red "plastic and cans" sack this morning (a day late)

They dumped it all in the same lorry, all mixed up again.

I saw them empty my blue "paper and card" sack and red "plastic and cans" sack this morning (a day late)

They dumped it all in the same lorry, all mixed up again.
    The lorry is split down the middle, I saw them chuckling both in and went to check.
    It’s two separate compartments

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The lorry is split down the middle, I saw them chuckling both in and went to check.
    It’s two separate compartments
    Not the lorry I saw - it was an old style truck, just one big compartment.

They've just picked it up!!
    Hoorah!

We're odds-on to be postponed or even cancelled for the collection scheduled for Thursday now. (only 2 days away)
    Seems pointless picking up 2 days worth. What a joke of a service that is!

Meanwhile in the wonderful RCT https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...tions-28813215

This is classic council, implementing something that was actually working ok (maybe glass could be separated first though) and replacing it with something that’s difficult for people to actually do, resulting in more mixed waste and dumping as seen in grangetown this week.
    It’s like the cycle lanes, good idea but badly implemented and put in the wrong places, already busy roads are now gridlocked with multiple sets of lights. They could have easily routed it up other roads or through the graveyard. I bet the emissions from stationary cars are through the roof around Crwys rd, Whitchurch rd, allensbank rd…..