+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Earlier today had a leaflet posted through letterbox, from Unite. They say they will be coming round shortly to ask for signatures to a petition which will be put to the council, asking them to 'get back round the table for negotiations..'. Whatever the rights of wrongs of a dispute, I really don't think the general public should be used as a bargaining tool..
    Governments and councils always use the......ordinary hard working general public etc etc ......arguement in disputes between them and the unions

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Still better than the Vale.
    Black bags x3 .....every 3 weeks

20 quid for green waste , grass etc

Seems OK?

Biggest problem is they change it every couple of years so people get confused but apart from that I think it's good mostly ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Black bags x3 .....every 3 weeks

20 quid for green waste , grass etc

Seems OK?

Biggest problem is they change it every couple of years so people get confused but apart from that I think it's good mostly ?
    We don’t get any bins is the first thing, so storing 3 black bags over 3 weeks is not ideal. It’s the amount of bags and caddy’s we have to store, also the bags are useless and blow away in the slightest wind.

We have:
    Food caddy
    Glass Caddy
    Green waste bag (if you pay extra)
    Blue bag for plastic
    Orange bag for Cardboard
    White bag for Paper
    Another bag for batteries
    Store 3 black bags

So that’s 7 bags/caddies to store plus 3 black bags
    If you have children you have another caddy for nappies.

The storeage bags are not fit for purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Jesus Christ lucky to have a lawn

Are you for real?
    A large proportion of residents in Cardiff won't have lawns

People living in exclusive areas complaining that it costs them 30 quid a year to have their grass cuttings taken away is laughable really

People living in exclusive areas complaining that it costs them 30 quid a year to have their grass cuttings taken away is laughable really
    Wouldn't the cost of council tax be reflected for people in "exclusive" areas ?

Quote Originally Posted by cathays blueboy View Post
    The bands clearly mean that people in bigger homes and/or more 'exclusive areas' pay more - but Council Tax is regressive and those in lower value homes, in poorer areas with greater state or council needs pay proportionately much more than the affluent.

The Guardian did a good summary of Council debt (40% reduction in real terms central government support to Councils from 2010 to 2020) which is hitting councils of all colours like never before. It also included this snippet:

The issue is exacerbated by the fact that worse-off areas typically have greater needs for council provision despite their smaller tax base. Richard (Partington) points to an example of how that plays out from the Northern Powerhouse Partnership: a house in Hartlepool worth £150,000 pays over £200 a year more in council tax than someone in Westminster in a property worth £8m.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The bands clearly mean that people in bigger homes and/or more 'exclusive areas' pay more - but Council Tax is regressive and those in lower value homes, in poorer areas with greater state or council needs pay proportionately much more than the affluent.

The Guardian did a good summary of Council debt (40% reduction in real terms central government support to Councils from 2010 to 2020) which is hitting councils of all colours like never before. It also included this snippet:

The issue is exacerbated by the fact that worse-off areas typically have greater needs for council provision despite their smaller tax base. Richard (Partington) points to an example of how that plays out from the Northern Powerhouse Partnership: a house in Hartlepool worth £150,000 pays over £200 a year more in council tax than someone in Westminster in a property worth £8m.
    Stupid system, why should a little old couple (not me) on their own on state pension who saved all there life to live in a big house (with a lawn wow rich bustards) £1 mill in ABC pay way more than a family of ten with all grown-up kids all working and earning big bucks in XYZ £150K house all using all the local services?

Tax on what you earn is fair enough but on what house you own is nonsense.

Stupid system, why should a little old couple (not me) on their own on state pension who saved all there life to live in a big house £1 mill in ABC pay way more than a family of ten with all grown-up kids all working and earning big bucks in XYZ £150K house all using all the local services?
    That's right - the real victims here are the Westminster asset millionaires not the residents of a massively overcrowded terrace house in Hartlepool.

Thanks for setting me right.

(By the way, I am not defending the Council Tax system at all. Income tax much fairer - combined with a deferred tax on non income wealth for those who are asset rich but cash poor).

International

Quote Originally Posted by cathays blueboy View Post
    Of course it is!

Of course it is!
    Exactly so shouldn't be charged for collecting garden waste!!

International

What when you pay £285pm council tax, and the only thing I get for it is bins collected every six months when they are not on strike?

Charge for everything else then and make free council tax.

Hardly a football thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Like many others....should be on the Alternate Forum board.....not cluttering this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Like many others....should be on the Alternate Forum board.....not cluttering this one up.
    I have to say It's a rubbish thread

International

You post nonsense on here not about football 99% of the time

If you want to talk about what "should and should not" be on the main forum, I'd put links to illegal streams further up the list than a thread on recycling

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    The same as the rubbish the city have put out.

Don't Billionaires own shares? If they keep a hold of them how do we tax that?

Don't many billionaires employ thousands of people?

Don't you think it's also fair that the majority that use the services pay for what they use? How many millionaires and billionaires do you see over the Royal Glam on a Saturday morning? Billionaires aren't putting a strain on the country, the masses and masses of people that need services are. If you take the kids to McDonalds for a treat do you buy all the other kids in there a happy meal because you've got the money or do you pay for your own food and leave like the rest of them do!

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

Don't you think it's also fair that the majority that use the services pay for what they use? How many millionaires and billionaires do you see over the Royal Glam on a Saturday morning? Billionaires aren't putting a strain on the country, the masses and masses of people that need services are. If you take the kids to McDonalds for a treat do you buy all the other kids in there a happy meal because you've got the money or do you pay for your own food and leave like the rest of them do!
    billionaires are a strain on this and every other country

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They also get rich on the back of working people in this country.

I remember discussing this once with a rampant Tory, who sold gas for balloons, mainly to individuals who would buy balloons from a store and he'd fill them. He was adamant that we shouldn't have an NHS, that if people fell ill and couldn't afford to get better, tough. I asked him how it would affect his business. He thought about it and said it would have an impact on what he could earn, so I pointed out that paying a bit of tax and NI means some of your customers would get better and you'd have more trade. He never agreed with it. Stupid sod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/202...ich-g20-brazil

The G20 group of the world’s most powerful countries is exploring plans for a global minimum tax on the world’s 3,000 billionaires, aiming to end a “race to the bottom” that has enabled the super-rich to pay less than the rest of the population.

Leaders gathering in São Paulo for a key G20 meeting of finance ministers and central bank governors are preparing to discuss an internationally agreed backstop on the taxation of hypermobile wealthy individuals, amid increasing global cooperation to tackle tax avoidance.

Aiming to build on the cooperation that resulted in a 15% global minimum tax on multinational companies, which came into effect in January, the plan is being promoted under Brazil’s presidency of the G20 before a summit of world leaders in Rio de Janeiro in autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

I get your approach. Look after yourself. Don't consider anyone else. Pay for what you need. I presume if someone needed a kidney you'd tell them to piss off unless they could afford it themselves. Sorry, but I have an ounce of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I get your approach. Look after yourself. Don't consider anyone else. Pay for what you need. I presume if someone needed a kidney you'd tell them to piss off unless they could afford it themselves. Sorry, but I have an ounce of humanity.
    I didn't say anything like that did I.

Billionaires own stock. They are rich on paper. What do you want to tax? I get taxed a percentage of what I earn, that is fair, so as a collective many of us chip in and get use of services. The rich people, who have money on paper, and don't use any of these services are expected to not only employ and pay people but contribute to services they don't use. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I quite like Billionaires paying £millions of tax, employing people who also pay lots of tax, running businesses that pay lots of tax. They may not all be nice people like you with lots of humanity, but without them we'd be screwed...

It's what part of my fecking council tax is for.