+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just over 24 hours to go. I remain hopeful and believe we will bring new players in.

Just over 24 hours to go. I remain hopeful and believe we will bring new players in.

It’s a shame it hasn’t already happened but realistically it wasn’t likely to.
    There is still time.
    The roll of the dice is can we allow the players to leave that we need to leave?
    Whatever happens, we need to make the best of what we have. There isn’t an alternative.

Re: Just over 24 hours to go. I remain hopeful and believe we will bring new players in.

Deadline is 11pm 1st Feb.

Re: Just over 24 hours to go. I remain hopeful and believe we will bring new players in.

�� even more chance then!
    Thanks

Hopefully nobody puts a last minute bid in for Ng

Have faith in the Tan ( yep he's still bank rolling US)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Have faith in the Tan ( yep he's still bank rolling US)
    Some commitment that, bankrolling America.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Some commitment that, bankrolling America.
    Well that seems plausible because he's certainly not putting much funding into CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    It’s a shame it hasn’t already happened but realistically it wasn’t likely to.
    There is still time.
    The roll of the dice is can we allow the players to leave that we need to leave?
    Whatever happens, we need to make the best of what we have. There isn’t an alternative.
    It's not good that the unlikely hasn't happened.
    The time isn't up yet.
    The big conundrum is, those who we need leaving, can we allow them to do so?
    We need to make the best of what we have. There is no option to do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Well that seems plausible because he's certainly not putting much funding into CCFC
    about 12 million a year isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I thought that it was about 3million a month.
    Last edited by NottinghamBlue; 31-01-24 at 12:49. Reason: changed m to million

Whatever the amount there should be no doubt that Tan is funding us and keeping the place afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    I thought that it was about 3million a month.
    Maybe Keith Morgan can give an update on the level of funding Tan puts into the club?

In March last year Keith (for the Trust) published his annual summary of the club accounts (in that case the accounts to May 2022) and included this section:

There are important matters to note in respect of the debt due to Vincent Tan

a There were new loans of £19.8m made by him in the year, with repayments to him and his family of only £1.1m

b In the year he converted £6.6m of debt due to him into shares

c Just after the year end, in June 2022 he converted a further £19m of debt into shares

d Of the total due to Vincent Tan £51.2m carries interest at 7% and rights to convert into shares. The rest carries no interest and has no conversion rights. Interest payable has always historically been waived by Vincent Tan.

Tan's financial support has fluctuated over the years (I think it went up a lot during Covid?) but my reading of the commentary is that he was putting in about £1.5 million per month in the year to May 2022. That may have reduced since. The next set of accounts to May 2023 (and Keith's commentary) should be out in just over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Maybe Keith Morgan can give an update on the level of funding Tan puts into the club?

In March last year Keith (for the Trust) published his annual summary of the club accounts (in that case the accounts to May 2022) and included this section:

There are important matters to note in respect of the debt due to Vincent Tan

a There were new loans of £19.8m made by him in the year, with repayments to him and his family of only £1.1m

b In the year he converted £6.6m of debt due to him into shares

c Just after the year end, in June 2022 he converted a further £19m of debt into shares

d Of the total due to Vincent Tan £51.2m carries interest at 7% and rights to convert into shares. The rest carries no interest and has no conversion rights. Interest payable has always historically been waived by Vincent Tan.

Tan's financial support has fluctuated over the years (I think it went up a lot during Covid?) but my reading of the commentary is that he was putting in about £1.5 million per month in the year to May 2022. That may have reduced since. The next set of accounts to May 2023 (and Keith's commentary) should be out in just over a month.
    Which suggests that reports of us spending up to £6.3m on a relatively average striker were either completely wrong, or else the club's completely clueless when it comes to player acquisitions..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Which suggests that reports of us spending up to £6.3m on a relatively average striker were either completely wrong, or else the club's completely clueless when it comes to player acquisitions..
    Mehmet Dalman has publicly stated that he would like a Director of Football. He actually said that of all the Boards he sits on Cardiff City is the only one without anyone on the Board with any expertise in the business we are actually in. So it does make you wonder who is providing the advice on player acquisition and whoever it is, that advice is unbiased and with the best interests of the club at heart. Something that was never exactly certain under previous management.

I hope (and expect) there will be more players coming in - and a few more going out.

But for now it looks like we have traded Ugbo and Panzo for Diedhiou and Phillips. Is that an upgrade or not?

It seems to me the loan swaps should improve the team a bit. Nothing dramatic, and dependent on Diedhiou's match fitness, but a slight improvement.

But neither of those moves is an investment in the future. The u21 loan moves may be more significant for that. Unless a couple of young permanent deals - investments in quality and future value - are done before close of play tomorrow.