+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Filth on the streets

Re: Filth on the streets

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    There was never a problem just turning up as and when. About 18 months ago I turned up not realising I needed to pre book. The thick prick on the gate who had a bit of 'power' in his head wouldn't let me in even though there was not 1 vehicle waiting to enter.
    If you are talking about the council refuse tip on Hadfield Rd - they were all on the take. There was a court case recently where a few of them were jailed, taking back handers from someone to dump industrial waste for free.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Whilst community litter picks are great in keeping local areas cleaner, they don't address the problem of people dropping litter in the first place.
    Of course. But they do at least attempt to keep the areas tidy. Not sure what else there is left to do as it's a problem within society. It's also directly related to drinking and fast-food culture, particularly over the weekends. Which is why a lot of litter-picks are organised for Sundays.

I've often wondered what the effect would be of running a scheme whereby if residents / business owners keep their own postcode clean to a certain standard then they could enter a prize draw to win back their council tax - or there could be other prizes for the most well kept area etc

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've often wondered what the effect would be of running a scheme whereby if residents / business owners keep their own postcode clean to a certain standard then they could enter a prize draw to win back their council tax - or there could be other prizes for the most well kept area etc
    Cracking idea. Fab post! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Cracking idea. Fab post! ��
    THe council currently spend more than £6 million a year on street cleansing, maybe put half of that up for prizes for keeping your own street clean and focus the rest on areas that don't

Cracking idea. Fab post! 
    A cultural revolution sounds great, who's going to be in charge of the committee?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A cultural revolution sounds great, who's going to be in charge of the committee?
    weird post. In what way is that a cultural revolution? and presumably the council would decide

weird post. In what way is that a cultural revolution? and presumably the council would decide
    The proletariat taking over from the authorities, and why stop with the litter? If the council can't keep the streets clean what use are they anyway

The proletariat taking over from the authorities, and why stop with the litter? If the council can't keep the streets clean what use are they anyway
    The council offering an incentive for people to keep their own street clean is some way short of the cultural revolution

The council offering an incentive for people to keep their own street clean is some way short of the cultural revolution
    Ok, a cultural heritage revolution.

Could be open to ‘Bonfire Night’ sabotage though, putting a match to a rival’s bonfire on November 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Could be open to ‘Bonfire Night’ sabotage though, putting a match to a rival’s bonfire on November 4th.
    True, although I suspect most people are too lazy to walk to another postcode to drop some litter

Brings back memories

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Brings back memories
    Ya bugger, it was you

True, although I suspect most people are too lazy to walk to another postcode to drop some litter
    A rival business with a chance of a reward or some sort of financial reduction…..I’m a cynical bugger

A rival business with a chance of a reward or some sort of financial reduction…..I’m a cynical bugger
    Bet you were the one who strimmered your neighbour’s prize marigolds during the Cardiff in Bloom competition! 😛

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Brings back memories
    👉🔥

Bet you were the one who strimmered your neighbour’s prize marigolds during the Cardiff in Bloom competition! ��
    He was livid when I trimmed his wife’s bush

He was livid when I trimmed his wife’s bush
    I loved you alongside Sid James in Carry On Up The City!

I loved you alongside Sid James in Carry On Up The City!
    Tut-tut, I never thought you'd be one to laugh at misogynist jokes!

Tut, Tut, I never thought you'd be one not to understand the nuanced take on working class culture in the Carry on films. Things aren't always as they seem old boy👍

What a good idea, would never be adopted 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Tut, Tut, I never thought you'd be one not to understand the nuanced take on working class culture in the Carry on films. Things aren't always as they seem old boy��
    You're either with us or against us, and now is not a time for fence sitting or humour.

I was just having a s****** about Mr P's love of topiary. Why, was there something else?

It's just censored the word meaning to 'laugh in a half-suppressed, typically scornful way.'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Tut, Tut, I never thought you'd be one not to understand the nuanced take on working class culture in the Carry on films. Things aren't always as they seem old boy��
    Ooooohhh Matron!!!!!