+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Men Of Harlech! Should the song be....

Re: Men Of Harlech! Should the song be....

It sounds absolutely shite

Get rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Full Marx for the spot. 
    There is nothing new under the sun, as the old story goes.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    That quote is attributed to albanian/italian communist whose name is Gramsci i think. He, along with the "Frankfurt School" plotted the destruction of White countries by playing the long tactic with a "long march through the institutions" this long term strategy came after communism failed to take over Europe during ww1. The "Fankfurt School" is a very interesting topic.
    It's funny, the last time Gluey had a bit of supportive to and fro where Gramsci and the Frankfurt School was mentioned it was with and by that odious and banned creation Lither_1927,

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5322530

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5336022

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, well it is if you are trying to maintain a stable of multiple accounts it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    That quote is attributed to albanian/italian communist whose name is Gramsci i think. He, along with the "Frankfurt School" plotted the destruction of White countries by playing the long tactic with a "long march through the institutions" this long term strategy came after communism failed to take over Europe during ww1. The "Fankfurt School" is a very interesting topic.
    What’s White country?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's funny, the last time Gluey had a bit of supportive to and fro where Gramsci and the Frankfurt School was mentioned it was with and by that odious and banned creation Lither_1927,

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, well it is if you are trying to maintain a stable of multiple accounts it seems!
    I love the smell of a bibliography in the morning!

Keep going mate, and don't forget to give us an update on the great reset that's not happening.

PS I knew I could temp you back as you just can't resist the temptation

Haha! There’s a beautiful irony to the use of multiple personalities and that’s I’m the one who is clinically psychotic. It’s poetic really. Me and John Nash were way ahead of this board Cyril. Loving your work btw!

I love the smell of a bibliography in the morning!
    It's all about the end game and whether you and those close to you are happy with the destination. If you like it, then it's all good. I don't have a horse in the race as I won't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's all about the end game and whether you and those close to you are happy with the destination. If you like it, then it's all good. I don't have a horse in the race as I won't be here.
    That’s so profound I’m gonna have to meditate for the rest of the day!

That’s so profound I’m gonna have to meditate for the rest of the day!
    Cool. have a great day

Haha! There’s a beautiful irony to the use of multiple personalities and that’s I’m the one who is clinically psychotic. It’s poetic really. Me and John Nash were way ahead of this board Cyril. Loving your work btw!
    it's good to see that you have finally nailed your colours firmly to the Cyril & Lardy mast, and I wish you the best of luck in your new adventures with the CCMB "dream team". You'll certainly need it!

Have you noticed how they never bump any old Russia collusion/Hunter laptop threads? There is a very good reason for that, as when they are wrong (admittedly, it does take a bit of time), they always pivot onto the next big thing. which they will invariably also get wrong. The latest topic of interest is the great reset conspiracy theory, and our likely lads have already debunked Digital ID, CBDC, a carbon based quota system, and a whole raft of other related items.

That's why they (and now you!) are my favourite and most entertaining posters on here, and long may it continue.

So what's the consensus? Should it be banned or not?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Not.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I don't really care to be honest, as it's mostly outside of our control. It's the media who stir up the pitchfork brigade to gain a manufactured consensus, and I just comment on the happenings of the day. However, I do care about the young people, as they will be the beneficiaries (or victims) of what is currently happening now and in the near future, and I am also interested in seemingly random events that appear to be connected in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Not.
    Succinct.

Not.
    James just pitched a curve ball as I asked if it should be confined to the dustbin of history not banned. Significantly different things.

I don't really care to be honest, as it's mostly outside of our control. It's the media who stir up the pitchfork brigade to gain a manufactured consensus, and I just comment on the happenings of the day. However, I do care about the young people, as they will be the beneficiaries (or victims) of what is currently happening now and in the near future, and I am also interested in seemingly random events that appear to be connected in some way.
    Evidence by your post responses would suggest you do care.

Right. Back to my mountain retreat.

Keep going mate, and don't forget to give us an update on the great reset that's not happening.

PS I knew I could temp you back as you just can't resist the temptation
    I actually responded to a post from NinianOpinion1927 but I can see how you might want to take the credit.

Anyway I must admit spending less time on here has given a guilty pleasure. I found this brilliant parody account on the Apostle Wales site to keep me entertained.

It is called AthanEmpadu. Aside from going into convulsions every time Ampadu farts it seems to have got you down to a tee. Here is a flavour:

1. As a matter of interest, have you ever played any football at a decent level?
    2. You are the one making all these assumptions. For all you know, I could have been brought up around professional football players and received excellent coaching, but who knows
    3. I do find it a bit odd that you keep following me around and reposting all of my comments in quotation marks, followed by negative personal comments about me. Do you have anything against opinions, or perhaps people going off on a tangent? Are you an opinionist or a tangentist? If you don't like or agree with my opinions, or anything else that I post, maybe you should just ignore it and move on.
    4. Don't worry, you'll get there one day
    5. I've watched all the Leeds games this season due to the Welsh connection, so when Farke starts shaking his head on the touchline I can usually understand the reason for it. These days I find it more interesting to follow the managers rather than the clubs. I've done all the big names, and Nagelsmann was one of my favourites with his gegenpress. The problem I do have is how to counter every counter tactic, and some of the other in-game decisions. That's the real high level stuff that separates the men from the boys.
    6. It was the girls and the booze that got me

Comedy gold but I think you should contact the moderator there and ask if they can stop the guy taking the piss!

I think Lither1927 and NinianOpinion1927 are both odd………….composite numbers.

Evidence by your post responses would suggest you do care.
    I really don't care about this hymn, but if others want to sing it they should be free to do so, without people like you trying to impose their will upon them. In the grand scheme of things, we do seem to be on a slippery slope to ever increasing authoritarianism, which you seem to support.

What will happen when something like travel comes under the spotlight? I have been fortunate enough to have had many great life experiences all around the world, and I hope others will be free to discover the same things for themselves. But we all know there will be calls by people like you to forsake it the greater good. Today it's a hymns, tomorrow it's travel. Where does it all end?

I din't realise it was that old. Music from 1794, words from 1830.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_of_Harlech

"National Anthem of the Ancient Britons", also known as "Woad" or "The Woad Ode", is a humorous song, set to the tune of "Men of Harlech". It first became popular in the 1920s as a song in the British Boy Scouts.

What's the good of wearing braces,
    Vests and pants and boots with laces,
    Spats or hats you buy in places
    Down in Brompton Road?
    What's the use of shirts of cotton,
    Studs that always get forgotten?
    These affairs are simply rotten:
    Better far is woad.
    Woad's the stuff to show, men.
    Woad to scare your foemen:
    Boil it to a brilliant hue
    And rub it on your back and your abdomen.
    Ancient Briton ne'er did hit on
    Anything as good as woad to fit on
    Neck, or knees, or where you sit on.
    Tailors, you be blowed.

Romans came across the Channel
    All wrapped up in tin and flannel:
    Half a pint of woad per man'll
    Dress us more than these.
    Saxons, you can waste your stitches
    Building beds for bugs in britches:
    We have woad to clothe us, which is
    Not a nest for fleas.
    Romans keep your armours;
    Saxons your pyjamas:
    Hairy coats were meant for goats,
    Gorillas, yaks, retriever dogs and llamas.
    Tramp up Snowdon with our woad on:
    Never mind if we get rained or blowed on.
    Never want a button sewed on.
    Go it, Ancient Bs.

I actually responded to a post from NinianOpinion1927 but I can see how you might want to take the credit.

Anyway I must admit spending less time on here has given a guilty pleasure. I found this brilliant parody account on the Apostle Wales site to keep me entertained.

It is called AthanEmpadu. Aside from going into convulsions every time Ampadu farts it seems to have got you down to a tee. Here is a flavour:

1. As a matter of interest, have you ever played any football at a decent level?
    2. You are the one making all these assumptions. For all you know, I could have been brought up around professional football players and received excellent coaching, but who knows
    3. I do find it a bit odd that you keep following me around and reposting all of my comments in quotation marks, followed by negative personal comments about me. Do you have anything against opinions, or perhaps people going off on a tangent? Are you an opinionist or a tangentist? If you don't like or agree with my opinions, or anything else that I post, maybe you should just ignore it and move on.
    4. Don't worry, you'll get there one day
    5. I've watched all the Leeds games this season due to the Welsh connection, so when Farke starts shaking his head on the touchline I can usually understand the reason for it. These days I find it more interesting to follow the managers rather than the clubs. I've done all the big names, and Nagelsmann was one of my favourites with his gegenpress. The problem I do have is how to counter every counter tactic, and some of the other in-game decisions. That's the real high level stuff that separates the men from the boys.
    6. It was the girls and the booze that got me

Comedy gold but I think you should contact the moderator there and ask if they can stop the guy taking the piss!
    How many people are you stalking on the internet? You need to discuss this with your therapist at the next appointment.

I din't realise it was that old. Music from 1794, words from 1830.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_of_Harlech

"National Anthem of the Ancient Britons", also known as "Woad" or "The Woad Ode", is a humorous song, set to the tune of "Men of Harlech". It first became popular in the 1920s as a song in the British Boy Scouts.

What's the good of wearing braces,
    Vests and pants and boots with laces,
    Spats or hats you buy in places
    Down in Brompton Road?
    What's the use of shirts of cotton,
    Studs that always get forgotten?
    These affairs are simply rotten:
    Better far is woad.
    Woad's the stuff to show, men.
    Woad to scare your foemen:
    Boil it to a brilliant hue
    And rub it on your back and your abdomen.
    Ancient Briton ne'er did hit on
    Anything as good as woad to fit on
    Neck, or knees, or where you sit on.
    Tailors, you be blowed.

Romans came across the Channel
    All wrapped up in tin and flannel:
    Half a pint of woad per man'll
    Dress us more than these.
    Saxons, you can waste your stitches
    Building beds for bugs in britches:
    We have woad to clothe us, which is
    Not a nest for fleas.
    Romans keep your armours;
    Saxons your pyjamas:
    Hairy coats were meant for goats,
    Gorillas, yaks, retriever dogs and llamas.
    Tramp up Snowdon with our woad on:
    Never mind if we get rained or blowed on.
    Never want a button sewed on.
    Go it, Ancient Bs.
    I quite like that version.

I really don't care about this hymn, but if others want to sing it they should be free to do so, without people like you trying to impose their will upon them. In the grand scheme of things, we do seem to be on a slippery slope to ever increasing authoritarianism, which you seem to support.

What will happen when something like travel comes under the spotlight? I have been fortunate enough to have had many great life experiences all around the world, and I hope others will be free to discover the same things for themselves. But we all know there will be calls by people like you to forsake it the greater good. Today it's a hymns, tomorrow it's travel. Where does it all end?
    Give over. There are plenty of f8cking things that have been confined to the dustbin of history....thank the gods. You're being a tad precious flower.