+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eli King returns

Eli King returns

Re: Eli King returns

Might be loaned to a team higher up the pyramid than Morecambe according to WOL.

Surely he fills a gap for a couple of weeks with Adams gone.

City yet to make decision on what to do with him according to Glen Williams of WOL. May loan him out again, dependent on moving on higher earning midfielders

Shall we send Joel Colwill on loan to Morecambe as a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Might be loaned to a team higher up the pyramid than Morecambe according to WOL.
    That would be Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That would be Wise.
    😁

Looks like we're loaning him to all of the right teams, just not necessarily in the right order.

He can't do a worse job than our current midfield, especially after doing well at the team what he played for.

Off to play in the Scottish Prem with Ross County according to WOL.

this thread should have been titled "the return of the king"

Eli King is poised to join Ross County on loan. His old Morecambe boss, Derek Adams, and Don Cowie are there.

https://x.com/glenwilliams12/status/...ZQyp-iO2wYo4Kg

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Eli King is poised to join Ross County on loan. His old Morecambe boss, Derek Adams, and Don Cowie are there.

https://x.com/glenwilliams12/status/...ZQyp-iO2wYo4Kg
    Underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Underwhelming.
    slightly more whelming than league 2 surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    slightly more whelming than league 2 surely?
    Slightly I guess but I’d hope he would have gone to a league 1 team.

spl is probably about league one level

Celtic and Rangers are all better than anyone he'd face in League One. Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are massive clubs, too. He's going to get to play in front of 50/60k people a few times. Great opportunity to go there and play for a manager that really, really wants him.

spl is probably about league one level
    Nah, he'll learn more about playing against better players than he will ever do in League 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Nah, he'll learn more about playing against better players than he will ever do in League 1.
    outside of the old firm clubs the rest of the league is about league one level at best.

outside of the old firm clubs the rest of the league is about league one level at best.
    I disagree with that. The bottom of the division is around that. King will learn more in the SPL than League 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Celtic and Rangers are all better than anyone he'd face in League One. Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are massive clubs, too. He's going to get to play in front of 50/60k people a few times. Great opportunity to go there and play for a manager that really, really wants him.
    Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are massive clubs is stretching it

Apart from when they play the old firm they get between 13-19k.

Also the league splits into 2 so he’s not going to get to play against Celtic and Rangers many times.

All the best to him but it’s not such the great long move you and Eric are making out. Not if he’s going to become a regular Championship player for a Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are massive clubs is stretching it

Apart from when they play the old firm they get between 13-19k.

Also the league splits into 2 so he’s not going to get to play against Celtic and Rangers many times.

All the best to him but it’s not such the great long move you and Eric are making out. Not if he’s going to become a regular Championship player for a Cardiff City.
    Decent enough move though and a higher standard than Morecambe. If he proves himself there then we can have another look at him in pre-season knowing that he can handle the physicality of men's football

A lower loan doesn't necesarily mean they won't be a first teamer, Tommy Conway at Bristol City went out on loan to Yate & Bath before becoming a regular for instance

Northern premier conference max.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Decent enough move though and a higher standard than Morecambe. If he proves himself there then we can have another look at him in pre-season knowing that he can handle the physicality of men's football

A lower loan doesn't necesarily mean they won't be a first teamer, Tommy Conway at Bristol City went out on loan to Yate & Bath before becoming a regular for instance
    Of course not but there’s a difference going out on a much lower loan when you’re 17/18 and 21.

When your you out on loan at 21 going on 22 from a championship club then, for me anyway, the standard needs to be of a decent standard and not too much lower than the league you’re going on loan from.

Sounds like he did well at Morecambe and physically he’s a man which will help but what little I’ve seen of him he is too similar to the midfielders we already have plenty of.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Of course not but there’s a difference going out on a much lower loan when you’re 17/18 and 21.

When your you out on loan at 21 going on 22 from a championship club then, for me anyway, the standard needs to be of a decent standard and not too much lower than the league you’re going on loan from.

Sounds like he did well at Morecambe and physically he’s a man which will help but what little I’ve seen of him he is too similar to the midfielders we already have plenty of.
    Sure, but I don't think the Scottish Premiership to the Championship is that huge of a jump, especially if he performs well. I think you'd be more confident putting someone into the side off the back of 6 months in the Scottish Premiership over 6 months in League 2. And he gest the chance to learn from the great Don Cowie

I agree with you on going out on a much lower loan at a younger age and I've said in other threads that I think we wait too long to loan players out. I think it's mad how many players we just let fester at u21 level rather than testing them in senior environments. For me if we're not going to be using them this season then we should be looking to get Ashford and Joel Colwill loan deals ASAP. They're both 19 and proven they're probably too good for u21 football so get them into a senior setup and give some u18s the gametime at u21 level