+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great win today, but next Saturday is big for Bulut

Great win today, but next Saturday is big for Bulut

By all accounts, today's game wasn't a classic but we deserved the three points. It's been a while since we've been able to say that, even when we've scraped a few away wins at some crap sides in the division.

In our last 9 away league games, we've won 5. Regardless of how we've managed that, it's a good run.

Our home form since Bristol City has been utter crap. Just as important, our home performances have been rubbish.

Over the course of the season, we've currently won as many games and points away from home as at home.

According to Soccerstats.com, we're ranked 24th over our last 4 home games and 22nd over our last 8. We're ranked 3rd over our last 4 away fixtures and 7th over our last 8.

New players have come in, hopefully confidence will increase and hopefully Rambo will start. It's high time for Bulut to pick a side that will go for it against a side not in great form.

Re: Great win today, but next Saturday is big for Bulut

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    New players have come in, hopefully confidence will increase and hopefully Rambo will start. It's high time for Bulut to pick a side that will go for it against a side not in great form.
    Not in great form, but beat Ipswich today

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Not in great form, but beat Ipswich today
    And they've won 1 in 8 in the league, so finding things a bit more difficult at the moment.

By all accounts, today's game wasn't a classic but we deserved the three points. It's been a while since we've been able to say that, even when we've scraped a few away wins at some crap sides in the division.

In our last 9 away league games, we've won 5. Regardless of how we've managed that, it's a good run.

Our home form since Bristol City has been utter crap. Just as important, our home performances have been rubbish.

Over the course of the season, we've currently won as many games and points away from home as at home.

According to Soccerstats.com, we're ranked 24th over our last 4 home games and 22nd over our last 8. We're ranked 3rd over our last 4 away fixtures and 7th over our last 8.

I think that a draw would have been a fair result. I’d be annoyed if I was a Watford fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that a draw would have been a fair result. I’d be annoyed if I was a Watford fan.
    Tbh did Alnick make any saves you wouldn’t expect him to make?

How many games have we had like that where people say “we could be hear all night and not score” I think same applies.

Stats can say anything, since the new players come in I think we judge on for today onwards so glad of the win.

Preston North End. Have played them 100 times in the league, more that any other team..

Obviously since we scored a goal and they didn't we deserved to win. If games were decided on the quality of play and chances then they'd have won. I'm happy with the 3 points but I think if you played that same game 10 times they have won about 7. But as someone pointed out, we've had plenty of games where we felt we deserved more. Football is about results and we got it on this occasion.

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

3 points

Well done city

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

3 points

Well done city
    ???

I've said well done for our away form.

Nope, we made them look like world beaters. Awful performance. Questions will start to be asked of Bulut.

Nope, we made them look like world beaters. Awful performance. Questions will start to be asked of Bulut.
    Do you always talk to yourself?

Players not good enough.

Not bullut's fault.

Another turgid afternoon watching our slow paced possession football punished by PNE who after an hour were 2 shots,, 2goals …. And if anything we were even worse 2nd half !!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Players not good enough.

Not bullut's fault.
    Funny how the players were good enough for the first 3 months, even without Ramsey and ODowda.

Bulut is setting us up to be too defensive. It works well away from home, when we can pinch games, but when the onus is on us to have a go and attack we're woefully short, when we weren't earlier in the season.

Funny how the players were good enough for the first 3 months, even without Ramsey and ODowda.

Bulut is setting us up to be too defensive. It works well away from home, when we can pinch games, but when the onus is on us to have a go and attack we're woefully short, when we weren't earlier in the season.
    Exactly, Bulut can’t be given a free pass for a home defeat that was shambolic even by our standards - which are probably as low as any club in the ninety two.

Two words....

Over-acheving

Limitations

Two words....

Over-acheving

Limitations
    If Bulut gets the credit for us overachieving, he also takes the stick when we are underachieving, which I believe, despite our squad having limitations.

Players not good enough.

Not bullut's fault.
    Why isn’t Bulut at fault? I make it that six of today’s starting eleven and four of the subs arrived after his appointment.

If Bulut gets the credit for us overachieving, he also takes the stick when we are underachieving, which I believe, despite our squad having limitations.
    Yes but calling for his head is extreme in my opinion.

We have one or two decent players but most are mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why isn’t Bulut at fault? I make it that six of today’s starting eleven and four of the subs arrived after his appointment.
    And how many of those players are goalscorers?

We couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo Bob.

That is a major problem.

That is a major problem.
    Yet again, I watch us draw a blank at home and ask how many good chances did our strikers miss and the answer is none (as it usually is) - we don’t create anything at home.

That is a major problem.

You have to create chances for strikers to score and we don’t, so it’s down to the Manager, he selects the players, the tactics so ultimately the buck stops with him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yet again, I watch us draw a blank at home and ask how many good chances did our strikers miss and the answer is none (as it usually is) - we don’t create anything at home.
    We had at least 3 great opportunities before they scored.

They had 2 shots and two goals first half.

Its isn't negative tactics it is pony options up top.

Yes but calling for his head is extreme in my opinion.
    Where have I done that?

We had at least 3 great opportunities before they scored.

They had 2 shots and two goals first half.

Its isn't negative tactics it is pony options up top.
    I can remember three shots from outside the penalty area that went straight at their keeper - shots from twenty yards or more are not great opportunities - the finish for their second goal was what I’d call a great opportunity.

Where have I done that?
    I am….its just ridiculously negative….what have we got to lose? Clueless, he’ll be gone by May anyway