+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Case against Willie McKay - SETTLED OUT OF COURT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Case against Willie McKay

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Why isn’t the amount of the settlement in the public domain?
    Should it be allowed to remain confidential?
    Quite often there seems to be some NDAs in these settlements so the general public shouldn't know the details.

As a more general question that I'd never thought of before. Transfers are sometimes marked as undisclosed fee. Wouldn't these eventually have to be shown on the books in the club's financial reports?

I was one who made light of city’s “ridiculous” position on this whole situation, where they seemed to be looking in every direction for a way out and someone to blame.

Credit to the club and ultimately tan though. Happy to be proved wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Quite often there seems to be some NDAs in these settlements so the general public shouldn't know the details.

As a more general question that I'd never thought of before. Transfers are sometimes marked as undisclosed fee. Wouldn't these eventually have to be shown on the books in the club's financial reports?

They are usually undisclosed because the actual transfer may be over a certain period (amortisation) or may have numerous add-ons which may never be paid. Ivan Toney is an example https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25227...ears%20earlier.

If the Club’s case against Nantes FC is successful and it is proved that that club used a non certified agent or agents to act for them in the Sala transfer then there could be implications for the EFL and FIFA as both organisations ordered our Club to comply with impositions which could be construed, if Cardiff win their case, to be untimely and unfair and could have resulted in consequential losses for the Club. Likewise the Dail Mail article could be considered libellous. I am sure Capital Law will be burning the midnight oil in the coming weeks.