[QUOTE=Michael Morris;5487345]Saturday February 10th, ko 3:00pm

Match Officials:

Referee: Dean Whitestone
    Assistant Referee: Daniel Leach
    Assistant Referee: Blake Antrobus
    Fourth Official: Ed Duckworth

Any relation to Jack & Vera ?

Re: CARDIFF CITY v PRESTON NORTH END. Match thread

56 years to the day since Brian Clark made his home debut in a 2-0 win over Preston (10 February 1968), scoring in 9 minutes - John Toshack scored the other after 88. Also the first game I attended.
    Cardiff team was
    Davies, Derrett, Ferguson, Clarke, Murray, Harris, Jones, Clark, Toshack, King, Lea

It’s an omen, I tell you, an omen

This will be the 103rd fixture between Cardiff City and Preston. When we play Bristol City later in the season they'll move to 102 fixtures between us. Overall we've managed 40 wins to their 37, scoring 135 goals, conceding 177.

Our home record against Preston is reasonable. While we have 24 wins, 15 draws and 12 defeats (24 home wins is the most against any side, but due to the amount of times we have played them), our home win percentage is ranked 24th of the 50 sides we have played at least 50 times. It may also be no surprise, again due to the number of fixtures between the two, that we have scored more at home to Preston than any other side, but also conceded more to them at home than anyone else.

In Cardiff there have been a total of 137 goals scored in 51 matches. In Preston that reads 175 goals in 51 games.

While Preston's goalscoring exploits at Deepdale are well known, they've only scored 3 or more in 7 away games. They have managed 3 or more in 20 home games against us...

Our biggest win against Preston is a 6-2 win at Deepdale, and two 4-0 home successes, once under the reign of Jimmy Scoular and the other under the management of Mick McCarthy. They've also won 4-0 twice in Cardiff, most recently in 2000.

Len Ashurst is the only Cardiff manager with a 100% home record against Preston from more than 1 match. Jimmy Scoular won 6 out of the 8 home games he managed against them. The boring tit award goes to Steve Morison for helping to provide two successive 0-0 draws in the league, two of the most mindnumbingly boring football matches I have ever suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    This will be the 103rd fixture between Cardiff City and Preston. When we play Bristol City later in the season they'll move to 102 fixtures between us. Overall we've managed 40 wins to their 37, scoring 135 goals, conceding 177.

Our home record against Preston is reasonable. While we have 24 wins, 15 draws and 12 defeats (24 home wins is the most against any side, but due to the amount of times we have played them), our home win percentage is ranked 24th of the 50 sides we have played at least 50 times. It may also be no surprise, again due to the number of fixtures between the two, that we have scored more at home to Preston than any other side, but also conceded more to them at home than anyone else.

In Cardiff there have been a total of 137 goals scored in 51 matches. In Preston that reads 175 goals in 51 games.

While Preston's goalscoring exploits at Deepdale are well known, they've only scored 3 or more in 7 away games. They have managed 3 or more in 20 home games against us...

Our biggest win against Preston is a 6-2 win at Deepdale, and two 4-0 home successes, once under the reign of Jimmy Scoular and the other under the management of Mick McCarthy. They've also won 4-0 twice in Cardiff, most recently in 2000.

Len Ashurst is the only Cardiff manager with a 100% home record against Preston from more than 1 match. Jimmy Scoular won 6 out of the 8 home games he managed against them. The boring tit award goes to Steve Morison for helping to provide two successive 0-0 draws in the league, two of the most mindnumbingly boring football matches I have ever suffered.
    So two undefeated games, although they were no score draws, are boring are they. Not conceding in two games is brilliant form. So called fans knocking our beloved club whose management can do no wrong are ‘fans ‘ we don’t need!!!!

I’ve been hacked by dml

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    So two undefeated games, although they were no score draws, are boring are they. Not conceding in two games is brilliant form. So called fans knocking our beloved club whose management can do no wrong are ‘fans ‘ we don’t need!!!!
    Oh yes they were. I came away from both thinking what a waste of a couple of hours. Both games were stinkers. I have seen some good 0-0s, but not those.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve been hacked by dml
    borrow b oddies shovel hes not using it today

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    borrow b oddies shovel hes not using it today
    Eric is using it

Alnwick

Ng - Goutas - Phillips - McGuinness - Collins

Siopis - Turnbull

Ramsey - Colwill

Diedhiou

Subs: Horvath - Romeo - Wilson-Esbrand - Ralls - Wintle - Bowler - Grant - Etete - Meite/Tanner

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Alnwick

Siopis - Turnbull

Ramsey - Colwill

Diedhiou

Subs: Horvath - Romeo - Wilson-Esbrand - Ralls - Wintle - Bowler - Grant - Etete - Meite/Tanner
    I don't think we will see Turnbull, Ramsey and colwill starting all at the same time. Although if you're right, i'll give you the biggest thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think we will see Turnbull, Ramsey and colwill starting all at the same time. Although if you're right, i'll give you the biggest thumbs up
    I don't think we'll see them either.

I don't think Bulut will start with three at the back.

But I would like to see a shape and selection that puts our best players on the pitch together - even if that means Siopis has to run around screening the defence like more of a madman than usual.

When it comes to our best players I would like to include Ralls and Grant - but I'm told playing with 13 is frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I keep seeing these kind of teams on Twitter, maybe I haven’t seen enough of Turnbull to judge but my gut is it will be two of Siopis/Ralls/Wintle and then one of Ramsey/Colwill/Turnbull unless there is a change of shape.

Alnwick

Siopis - Turnbull

Ramsey - Colwill

Diedhiou

what a strange idea...

• 3 cbs? and people are already bitching about how defensive we are? (rightly so..we are signed up for a hiding!)
    • Siopis? literally garbage cant pass and doesnt know where the ball is at his own feet! also doesnt actually get stuck in anymore just flaps around
    • No wide midfield/wingers? we do need radical change but would the team jell well with such a new shape?
    • Diedhiou ? Not including the 15 minute cameo..he hasnt scored in his last 18 matches..we already have Meite as the token useless "attacker" thanks

that said..would love to see colwil and ramsey in that position

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    what a strange idea...

• 3 cbs? and people are already bitching about how defensive we are? (rightly so..we are signed up for a hiding!)
    • Siopis? literally garbage cant pass and doesnt know where the ball is at his own feet! also doesnt actually get stuck in anymore just flaps around
    • No wide midfield/wingers? we do need radical change but would the team jell well with such a new shape?
    • Diedhiou ? Not including the 15 minute cameo..he hasnt scored in his last 18 matches..we already have Meite as the token useless "attacker" thanks

that said..would love to see colwil and ramsey in that position
    Siopis is 'literally' 'a loving and caring individual who puts the needs of others before their own'.

Three at the back with wingbacks doesn't necessarily make us more defensive. It can and should be more attacking (if the wing backs are up to it). I am not sure about Ng and Collins as wing-backs (more convinced by the grainy YouTubes of Wilson-Esbrand) so that is where the questions in that line up lie for me.

Diedhiou will either be an effective target No9 (his Bristol and Turkish incarnation) or he won't. If he has lost that ability I wouldn't be confident with Etete in that role.

Siopis is 'literally' 'a loving and caring individual who puts the needs of others before their own'.
    Siopis needs to find a better lawyer if thats the only excuse to play him LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    56 years to the day since Brian Clark made his home debut in a 2-0 win over Preston (10 February 1968), scoring in 9 minutes - John Toshack scored the other after 88. Also the first game I attended.
    Cardiff team was
    Davies, Derrett, Ferguson, Clarke, Murray, Harris, Jones, Clark, Toshack, King, Lea
    I showed up about a year later. Dave Carver and Gary Bell were in place by then. Of this group, I didn't know Derrett and Ferguson.

How many training days would they have has this week? Anyone know? No midweek game so hopefully more sessions, and a chance to get more fresh legs onto the pitch.

We weren't awful v Watford but we are a little stale and out of ideas, I can see why he started the players he did Saturday (blind loyalty maybe) but we need a few changes come Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    How many training days would they have has this week? Anyone know? No midweek game so hopefully more sessions, and a chance to get more fresh legs onto the pitch.

We weren't awful v Watford but we are a little stale and out of ideas, I can see why he started the players he did Saturday (blind loyalty maybe) but we need a few changes come Saturday.
    Q and a on Wales online site and he seems to be indicating we wont see the full value of the new signings yet

Injuries wise Ng ok as is ralls although they are checking tomorrow but odowda and Robinson still out and maybe an injury for McGuiness which they are checking

Horvath visa sorted and Phillips had an issue in the week but seems okay

Think that was it ??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Q and a on Wales online site and he seems to be indicating we wont see the full value of the new signings yet

Injuries wise Ng ok as is ralls although they are checking tomorrow but odowda and Robinson still out and maybe an injury for McGuiness which they are checking

Horvath visa sorted and Phillips had an issue in the week but seems okay

Think that was it ??
    Cheers I'll have a look for the video on the club website, now the transfer market is closed I'll try and avoid WOL as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    I showed up about a year later. Dave Carver and Gary Bell were in place by then. Of this group, I didn't know Derrett and Ferguson.
    Steve Derrett, 99 Harris Avenue, Rumney & Bobby Ferguson.

Know Steve well, tells the story of when he played for Wales against Italy, swapped shirts at the end of the game, his was soaked in sweat, the Italian’s was dry as a bone and he had a vest on as well.

Surprised that McGuinness doubtful as he looked 100% in the training video. Think Bulut wants Phillips in team for passing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Lawdd maengwylchio bachclwdd !!