+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 PRESTON NORTH END. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 PRESTON NORTH END. Match thread

Still shocked how awful we are at home. Don't know where to start but the manager must have a serious rethink over his team selection and tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Still shocked how awful we are at home. Don't know where to start but the manager must have a serious rethink over his team selection and tactics
    In fairness, having two defensive midfielders really helped our cause.

McGuiness out for 6 to 8 weeks. Lucky him.

I can’t understand why he doesn’t try 2 up front. We were bloody awful.

Steve Cooper in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    No drive, too defensive again. Bulut out
    Agree, time to go…..enough negativity. There’s me thinking win today, beat West Brom and we are just 3 points behind them in 5th. Clueless. We are going nowhere

You shouldn’t be, this is the fourth straight season we’ve been garbage at home - we’ve now lost more than we’ve won at Cardiff City Stadium, just like the three previous years.

The win at Watford was spawny and yet people seemed to think that we played well (which we did for about 10 minutes after HT) and thought that we’d turned some sort of corner, which certainly wasn’t how I saw the game.

So maybe this result is just a continuation of a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    McGuiness out for 6 to 8 weeks. Lucky him.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68264664

Now Ebou Adams is away on loan - who is our centre back cover? Ng? Looking very very threadbare.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68264664

Now Ebou Adams is away on loan - who is our centre back cover? Ng? Looking very very threadbare.
    Probably Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    The win at Watford was spawny and yet people seemed to think that we played well (which we did for about 10 minutes after HT) and thought that we’d turned some sort of corner, which certainly wasn’t how I saw the game.

Same, I was quite surprised at how positive the board was after Watford, a single good period after half time with few chances created, a wonder goal and then the last 20 minutes totally under the cosh.

A massively important win, and a feeling we could kick on with the new players in the squad. Today just showed it's a continuation of months of being shite.

Not a great day for wales in general at least Newport won

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Same, I was quite surprised at how positive the board was after Watford, a single good period after half time with few chances created, a wonder goal and then the last 20 minutes totally under the cosh.

A massively important win, and a feeling we could kick on with the new players in the squad. Today just showed it's a continuation of months of being shite.
    I really hoped Bulut was going to be able to take us forward, but really can’t understand that starting eleven?????

Did he really think Wintle was going to start influencing the game???

Bowler and Grant on the wrong side yet again neither of them produced anything of note??

Etete is not a player who should be starting and is an impact sub at best
    I really hoped he would have a break through this season but yet again he showed he has absolutely no ability heart or desire to progress

Colwill was great at Watford last week and yet starts on the bench FFS

Sorry Erol but if this is the best you can come up with then obviously we’re not going anywhere with you at the helm

Clueless, rudderless and incompetent is the only way I can describe that offering today

I had high hopes for Bulut, but there is better out there than him

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I can’t understand why he doesn’t try 2 up front. We were bloody awful.

Steve Cooper in!!!
    Cooper wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I really hoped Bulut was going to be able to take us forward, but really can’t understand that starting eleven?????

Did he really think Wintle was going to start influencing the game???
    Honestly, Wintle and Siopis in a defensive midfield 2 for a home game against Preston, when he's got 3 legitimate attacking midfield options now in the squad (4 if you include Ralls) is as negative as anything I can remember back to McCarthy, absolutely shocking. Then you include Etete who let's be honest is nowhere near good enough, Grant and Bowler ran out there again despite it not really working for months, it's very poor.

Bulut seems to have a way to play and he's going to force it no matter what, it seems like it's been easily sussed now especially at home where teams are quite happy to take what we give them.

We seem incapable of breaking teams down at home….and then get hit on the counter….frustrating.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v PRESTON NORTH END. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Can't see Bulut being here much longer if things don't improve
    Bulut might be useless or maybe he isn't. He'd deffo be in top 5 hardest looking managers after Scoular

Dropping Colwill after last week is shocking. I know we weren't setting the league alight but the common consensus was that he performed well.

What a way to reward a performance, getting dropped to the bench, then come on 15 minutes to go and attempt to salvage something.

Really poor from Bulut.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Dropping Colwill after last week is shocking. I know we weren't setting the league alight but the common consensus was that he performed well.

What a way to reward a performance, getting dropped to the bench, then come on 15 minutes to go and attempt to salvage something.

Really poor from Bulut.
    If he.started with Ramsey instead, fare enough but to omit either I'd just pathetic.

Really poor from Bulut.
    If he.started with Ramsey instead, fare enough but to omit either I'd just pathetic.

Genuine question. When was the last good goal that wasn’t a screamer? A well worked move?

The performances at home are so abject. I know a lot of people moan at the atmosphere but how are the fans meant to be excited based off the recent performances.

It feels like a chore at the moment to go down, which is so disappointing.

I still feel we are just too negative a side.

The performances at home are so abject. I know a lot of people moan at the atmosphere but how are the fans meant to be excited based off the recent performances.

It feels like a chore at the moment to go down, which is so disappointing.

I still feel we are just too negative a side.
    Agree with all that, but would add that this season is just a repeat of the last three as far as home results and performances go.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agree with all that, but would add that this season is just a repeat of the last three as far as home results and performances go.
    In 2019/20 we had the 4th best home record in the Championship. Since then we've won 8, 7 and 6. This season we've been stuck on 6 longer than a record with a scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

we were very lucky at Vicarage Road.

Has anyone got a distributor cap for a Ford mondeo ?