+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magic sports question

Re: Magic sports question

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This is a thread about a wizard granting someone a special talent in order to perform and be the best for a short while in any given sport. A wizard ...Yet people are getting practical and saying that said person would have to start at the bottom of the rung, which would mean that the time the wizard has afforded would not be practical in real terms. **** me.......
    Yes the conditions are what makes the question more interesting, otherwise its just what sport would you like to be good at and that's been done 1000 times before

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Being able to play snooker at the top level would be great. I'd only compete in the world championships and be champion 10 years in a row.
    I then go back to being lucky to pot 3 balls in a row.

If it was about money, it'd have to be golf.
    how would you get to play in the world championships though?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    how would you get to play in the world championships though?
    Id tell Barry Hearn that if he doesn't let me play I'll create my own Saudi based LIV snooker tour.

This is a thread about a wizard granting someone a special talent in order to perform and be the best for a short while in any given sport. A wizard ...Yet people are getting practical and saying that said person would have to start at the bottom of the rung, which would mean that the time the wizard has afforded would not be practical in real terms. **** me.......
    Then by that logic you could just say (football as an example) ... FA Cup final, League Cup final, Champions League final, European Championship final, World Cup final and repeat it the second season.
    In practical terms it's certainly a lot more difficult, but not impossible to reach the top of the tree in the given sport (marathon runner as mentioned by another poster).
    It just requires a bit more thought.

Although I detest the sport (?) with a passion I would say F1. Topping the podium 10 races in a row would possibly be enough to win you a World Championship and the money you'd make would be astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Although I detest the sport (?) with a passion I would say F1. Topping the podium 10 races in a row would possibly be enough to win you a World Championship and the money you'd make would be astronomical.
    Have a read of the thread again!

You realise that most F1 drivers started off go-kart racing/F3/F2?
    Not even Lewis Hamilton got a seat in an F1 car straight away.

Can we forget the sport and just discuss wizardry regulations?

Horizontal bedroom jogging

Yes the conditions are what makes the question more interesting, otherwise its just what sport would you like to be good at and that's been done 1000 times before
    Its a shit question tbf

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Have a read of the thread again!
    Eh ?

What if you're the best driver but haven't got the best car?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What if you're the best driver but haven't got the best car?
    how do you even get on a F1 team?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Cheese rolling.

You would be World No1 for a decade.
    And earn a wedge every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Can we forget the sport and just discuss wizardry regulations?
    I think it would be for the best. It's a bit like when you have to tell your kids how santa gets into the house to deliver presents when you don't have a chimney. Anyway, i'd go for boxing, and i'd clean out middleweight and jump up and batter canelo, in Mexico. And my wiard would have thought about things, because he's a really good wizard

I'm sure there's an 'Elf' out there who can sort it.... (See what i did)

Baseball with international signing rules for young players outside of the US/Canada would be an interesting one. I reckon theoretically you could get a pay day without even playing a game - teams will happily throw a wad of cash at somebody who can reliably throw 100+ in nets or in a bullpen session in front of scouts. Playing a game or two and claiming a bit of arm soreness could then get you shut down to protect their investment. You’d never get the first pro contract, but teams regularly give 16 year old kids in the Dominican Republic millions based on nothing but potential. Similar to the cricket idea but with money up front

The marathon one is interesting but if you came out of nowhere to win the London Marathon everyone would assume you cheated and you’d probably be more likely to be banned than get endorsements. Great question btw.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    But how would you get a ride on a decent horse?
    The ten times I perform I’d be the best in the world, if the horse was a Barry Island donkey, I’d win and still be the best in the world. The marathon runner would be the best (winner) if he ran in hobnail boots, the footballer would be the best if he played in wellies. You do realise that there’s a very experienced wizard involved here, don’t you? He’s brilliant and knows wizardry & magic inside out………..I’m at Haydock Park in the 3.30 tomorrow, picking my ride up from Blackpool beach first thing tomorrow, get your stones on it.

By definition, you can't be the best F1 driver in the world if you haven't got an F1 team to drive for.
    Your point is moot.

I'd delay until I was 80yrs old [not long now] before taking my 10 x options. It would be the 100 metres. Can you imagine the bets, the challenges, the media coverage, of an 80yr old out running the world's fastest athletes. After my 9th I'd announce I was retiring after the next one.

International

Or better still after 9 say you were not going to race again then let them bribe you to do "just 1 more!"

Given this too much thought and I can't think of one where 10 games is enough to get you earning anything decent unless you could work on contacts, some social media presence beforehand.

So I'd choose football just for the enjoyment of being by far the best player on the pitch. A combination of ronaldinho and Messi taking the piss. I'd at least set up a YouTube channel to document the journey and perhaps it would get me some attention before the 10 games or someone breaks my leg.

How long is a game of poker? One hand? Or one session?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How long is a game of poker? One hand? Or one session?
    one session I guess.
    being the best poker player in the world does not guarantee winning though

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Given this too much thought and I can't think of one where 10 games is enough to get you earning anything decent unless you could work on contacts, some social media presence beforehand.

So I'd choose football just for the enjoyment of being by far the best player on the pitch. A combination of ronaldinho and Messi taking the piss. I'd at least set up a YouTube channel to document the journey and perhaps it would get me some attention before the 10 games or someone breaks my leg.
    It doesn't say whether you can show this brilliance in training or practice before your first game. This, I reckon, is where football wins. If you can, you can go around from club to club begging for opportunities. Go to a big, big club. Spin some yarn, demonstrate serious skills. They'll look at you. Be amazing in training. They ask you to come back as you're that good. You start training with them. You keep being amazing. You play a couple of friendlies. You're awesome. Get signed up on a long term contract. Play 8 games where you're a world beater. Job done.