+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Magic sports question

Re: Magic sports question

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    An individual sport would be best, as you'd stand out quicker. Marathon running is good, especially if you can break a world record.

Road cycling, triathlon, iron man, something where you can compete as an amateur alongside pros.
    Changing my mind on this now as well.

Remember when those female Chinese athletes suddenly started destroying middle distance records, knocking 30 seconds at a time off the 5000m (something like that). Everyone just assumed it was doping, and the one who broke the records later admitted it.

Saying that, I think those world records still stand. Would it be worth it to have a world record if there's a big asterisk next to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Slightly left field but it sort of relates to your first paragraph:
    The US golfer Zach Johnson when he won the British Open thanked God profusely during his winner's speech. I was thinking, did the other players feel betrayed by God because He decided they were undeserving of the claret jug ? Of course all the competitors with the exception of Johnson may have been heathens but I find this unlikely.
    Also, what did Zach Johnson do to offend God so much in 2015/16 that prevented him from retaining his title and stopped him winning it back in the last seven British Opens?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Also, what did Zach Johnson do to offend God so much in 2015/16 that prevented him from retaining his title and stopped him winning it back in the last seven British Opens?
    Can’t comment on the last seven years but at the moment the wizard has his hands full with CCMB posters. Johnson’s wizard experience is in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
    And the Lord had £20 on Henrik Stenson

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And the Lord had £20 on Henrik Stenson
    That would be the late Jon Lord of Deep Purple fame. A great keyboard player who sadly knew nothing about golf.