Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
I know people will laugh it off as a league one partnership and whatever else they have to say, but do you think Adams and King could play behind Colwill/Turnbull/Ramsey? both seem to be energetic box to box types with the legs to run in the middle all day long, by all accounts neither of them are slow. Can't comment on their passing ability mind you..
I haven't seen enough of King or Adams to make an assessment and I'm wary of going overboard about either. Derby have got Collins, Nelson and Mendez-Laing playing for them plus Pack (at Portsmouth) and Mendez-Laing have just made the League 1 team of the season so we have to balance that with the rave reviews Adams is getting at Derby. King is playing regularly in the Scottish Prem but, as I've said before, so are Matty Kennedy and Marley Watkins so it's hard to know exactly what level he's at either.

Sometimes a partnership can work though and you may be right about those two as a pairing but we won't be able to judge until pre-season, by which time Adams may well have gone. It's one downside of loans, however well they go. You can't suddenly check to see how Fagan-Walcott or Tsunoda might fit into a back three here or what system, position and teammates would suit Isaak Davies, just as you can't check if Adams and King would pair up well.

As long as King is fit and ready for pre-season then he should be able to force his way in if he's good enough, whoever the manager is. If Bulut stays I'd like to think he'll be judging everyone on their merits rather than stubbornly sticking with players he's brought in. There has to be a pathway for the youngsters to come through when they're ready for first team action, of course.