+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fury/Usyk

Fury/Usyk

Thoughts.

Despite his appalling and embarrassing display against a non boxer last time Im putting that down to lack of training etc.

Therefore I think Fury is too big and wins a reasonably comfortable points decision Something like 116-112.

Re: Fury/Usyk

i think he leans all over usyk and slows the match down until a ko

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    i think he leans all over usyk and slows the match down until a ko
    Usyk to win the first 5 rounds, Fury comes back swinging to catch up, Fury will get clipped a few times and will hang on, will end in a controversial bore draw and there wont be a re match (regardless of what the contract says). That is my 2p prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thoughts.

Despite his appalling and embarrassing display against a non boxer last time Im putting that down to lack of training etc.

Therefore I think Fury is too big and wins a reasonably comfortable points decision Something like 116-112.
    Usyk coming in at 233lbs is interesting. Fury 265? It's one of those, can't make a call until I've seen the first few rounds. I reckon usyk is going to try and be aggressive early on.

Apparently they announced the wrong weight for Usyk. Think it was actually 223.

12/1 for the draw isn’t a bad shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Dutch View Post
    Apparently they announced the wrong weight for Usyk. Think it was actually 223.

12/1 for the draw isn’t a bad shout.
    Wow! Fury 40lbs heavier.

Way past my bedtime, but I would love to wake up tomorrow to read that Usyk won.....better still if it was a knockout....

Fury's record is all about Wilder, so you take a view on Wilder and how good he is. He just lost to Parker and not much to write home about until the trilogy with Fury. After Wilder, it is the second level Brits, Chisora & Whyte.

I was firmly in the Fury camp if he ever boxed Joshua. He outboxes the current big guys and outpowers the smaller guys. Usyk is the best of the pumped-up cruiserweight and his demolition of Bellew and outboxing Joshua is still fresh but so is Dubois's body shot that on another night in a "cleaner" sport would have seen Dubois as world champ.

If I were to have a bet I would go contrarian and bet Usyk 1~6 round KO by working inside and catching him with an uppercut. If Fury snuffs that out with his octopus arms and leaning then i believe he will do enough to win on points or a late-round KO.

Still waiting for it not to happen though!!

Those Wilder fights would’ve taken a lot out of Fury. Depends how much he’s still got in the tank.

Fury’s punch output significantly drops rounds 9-12, whereas Uysk ups it. Bloke is a freak!

Christ that pantomime pre fight nonsense is pathetic

If that's supposed to be part of the entertainment I would rather watch Eastenders

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Christ that pantomime pre fight nonsense is pathetic

If that's supposed to be part of the entertainment I would rather watch Eastenders
    You dont half watch a lot of stuff you dont like. PL football , boxing.....😂

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Fury's record is all about Wilder, so you take a view on Wilder and how good he is. He just lost to Parker and not much to write home about until the trilogy with Fury. After Wilder, it is the second level Brits, Chisora & Whyte.

I was firmly in the Fury camp if he ever boxed Joshua. He outboxes the current big guys and outpowers the smaller guys. Usyk is the best of the pumped-up cruiserweight and his demolition of Bellew and outboxing Joshua is still fresh but so is Dubois's body shot that on another night in a "cleaner" sport would have seen Dubois as world champ.

If I were to have a bet I would go contrarian and bet Usyk 1~6 round KO by working inside and catching him with an uppercut. If Fury snuffs that out with his octopus arms and leaning then i believe he will do enough to win on points or a late-round KO.

Still waiting for it not to happen though!!
    Fury beat Klitschko as well.

Its a terrible era though. But you can only beat whats put in front of you.

I didn’t think that I would be cheering anyone on against Fury…but the way he has acted over the last few years has put me off him.

I’m a bit of an Usyk fanboy so hope he wins.

I think it will be an edgy fight with Tyson twitching and feinting a lot then holding and leaning on Usyk if he tries to get inside.

How this fight goes depends on how much the referee intervenes on the inside IMO.
    It will also be interesting to me to see if Usyk can target the scar tissue on Fury’s eye.

if usyk can get uder the jab, and get inside it will be curtains for fury

fury will bite, spit, lean, cheat, rabbit and all the tricks he uses... dont ever under eatimate the smaller guy, if usyk is in range it will be a lesson of proper boxing

if he gets the chance usyk to win... my heart says it will drag on and no doubt be a fix draw so it all happens again

Controversial draw and a lucrative rematch.

You dont half watch a lot of stuff you dont like. PL football , boxing.....😂
    I just catch the highlights or in this case two idiots playing up for the cameras , I wouldn't pay to watch that

It's pathetic

Usyk has fought has beaten bigger fighters .
    He has the quicker feat.
    Can take a punch .
    Has a cardio of a horse
    ( doesn't get tired )
    Keeps going forward .

Interestingly Usyk has much more ring time than Fury fought 335 times as an amateur , Fury fought just 35 times as an amateur.

Both undefeated as professional boxers.

Will Fury be in shape ?? we know Usyk will be, as he is not prone to the same excessive lifestyle behaviours that Fury has had ?

Thoughts.

It will end in a dubious, disputed finish.

Bookmark this.

Didn't realise that Joe Cordina is on the undercard.

You dont half watch a lot of stuff you dont like. PL football , boxing...iron maiden...slade...new order...Aqua..��
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    if usyk can get uder the jab, and get inside it will be curtains for fury

fury will bite, spit, lean, cheat, rabbit and all the tricks he uses... dont ever under eatimate the smaller guy, if usyk is in range it will be a lesson of proper boxing

if he gets the chance usyk to win... my heart says it will drag on and no doubt be a fix draw so it all happens again
    There's a rematch clause in the contract.

A good big guy will usually beat a good little guy. Simple as that. If Fury has a full tank, it’s a forgone conclusion, if he’s less than 100%, it’ll be curtains for the Gypsy king.

Who is the cardiff boxer who is a pundit on radio 5 boxing hour every week ?

He's a knowledgeable fella

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Who is the cardiff boxer who is a pundit on radio 5 boxing hour every week ?

He's a knowledgeable fella
    Barry Jones , Ginger Jones bro, from Ely.

Good guy

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Barry Jones , Ginger Jones bro, from Ely.

Good guy
    That's him

Would he have been with Ronnie Rush