Thread: Loan Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Loan Report

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Derby fans really loving Ebou Adams
    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...-adams-9226380
    Thanks for that.

A good rating, and write-up, for him at the weekend. As usual.

Ebou Adams: Was full of blood and thunder in the middle of the pitch and he has been such a transformative signing since arriving from Cardiff in January. Derby would probably have been up by now if he'd been here all season. 8

I could say that Derby got the blood and thunder while we got left with the thud and blunder but I'm better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Thanks for that.

A good rating, and write-up, for him at the weekend. As usual.

Ebou Adams: Was full of blood and thunder in the middle of the pitch and he has been such a transformative signing since arriving from Cardiff in January. Derby would probably have been up by now if he'd been here all season. 8

I could say that Derby got the blood and thunder while we got left with the thud and blunder but I'm better than that.
    I know people will laugh it off as a league one partnership and whatever else they have to say, but do you think Adams and King could play behind Colwill/Turnbull/Ramsey? both seem to be energetic box to box types with the legs to run in the middle all day long, by all accounts neither of them are slow. Can't comment on their passing ability mind you..

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I know people will laugh it off as a league one partnership and whatever else they have to say, but do you think Adams and King could play behind Colwill/Turnbull/Ramsey? both seem to be energetic box to box types with the legs to run in the middle all day long, by all accounts neither of them are slow. Can't comment on their passing ability mind you..
    absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    if these players had been here instead of out on loan I'd guess they would be getting as much abuse as the current midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    if these players had been here instead of out on loan I'd guess they would be getting as much abuse as the current midfielders.
    Asking based on their performances for their respective loan clubs.

I haven't seen enough of King or Adams to make an assessment and I'm wary of going overboard about either. Derby have got Collins, Nelson and Mendez-Laing playing for them plus Pack (at Portsmouth) and Mendez-Laing have just made the League 1 team of the season so we have to balance that with the rave reviews Adams is getting at Derby. King is playing regularly in the Scottish Prem but, as I've said before, so are Matty Kennedy and Marley Watkins so it's hard to know exactly what level he's at either.

Sometimes a partnership can work though and you may be right about those two as a pairing but we won't be able to judge until pre-season, by which time Adams may well have gone. It's one downside of loans, however well they go. You can't suddenly check to see how Fagan-Walcott or Tsunoda might fit into a back three here or what system, position and teammates would suit Isaak Davies, just as you can't check if Adams and King would pair up well.

As long as King is fit and ready for pre-season then he should be able to force his way in if he's good enough, whoever the manager is. If Bulut stays I'd like to think he'll be judging everyone on their merits rather than stubbornly sticking with players he's brought in. There has to be a pathway for the youngsters to come through when they're ready for first team action, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I haven't seen enough of King or Adams to make an assessment and I'm wary of going overboard about either. Derby have got Collins, Nelson and Mendez-Laing playing for them plus Pack (at Portsmouth) and Mendez-Laing have just made the League 1 team of the season so we have to balance that with the rave reviews Adams is getting at Derby. King is playing regularly in the Scottish Prem but, as I've said before, so are Matty Kennedy and Marley Watkins so it's hard to know exactly what level he's at either.

Sometimes a partnership can work though and you may be right about those two as a pairing but we won't be able to judge until pre-season, by which time Adams may well have gone. It's one downside of loans, however well they go. You can't suddenly check to see how Fagan-Walcott or Tsunoda might fit into a back three here or what system, position and teammates would suit Isaak Davies, just as you can't check if Adams and King would pair up well.

As long as King is fit and ready for pre-season then he should be able to force his way in if he's good enough, whoever the manager is. If Bulut stays I'd like to think he'll be judging everyone on their merits rather than stubbornly sticking with players he's brought in. There has to be a pathway for the youngsters to come through when they're ready for first team action, of course.
    A good point about how difficult it can be to judge, ive noticed you use theMarley Watkins one before and I tend to agree, theres a mixed bag up there. Would we be as excited if he was a Ross County player putting in them performances, would we even notice?

Just hoping for something really different next year.

A good point about how difficult it can be to judge, ive noticed you use theMarley Watkins one before and I tend to agree, theres a mixed bag up there. Would we be as excited if he was a Ross County player putting in them performances, would we even notice?

Just hoping for something really different next year.
    Maybe Bulut felt that Siopis was going to bring something different. Not just to midfield but also to galvanise the team and the fanbase too, in the same way Bamba did for Warnock, as I said before. It just doesn't feel like that will happen any time soon though. Central midfield still seems to need a refresh, the only change for now is that King and Joel Colwill have five central midfielders under contract to get past rather than four. Hopefully it's a situation that will resolve itself favourably by the start of next season.