+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Loan Report

Re: Loan Report

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    We've been talking about Eli in the Glasgow Rangers tonight thread. The BBC reports had made him man-of-the-match in the games against Celtic and Rangers, we're assuming he was injured for yesterday but haven't been able to find any info to back that up.
    I think of all those out on loan he’s the most likely to come back and be in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think of all those out on loan he’s the most likely to come back and be in contention.
    Tsunoda too, in different circumstances, and maybe Adams, but King and Isaak Davies are ones I'd expect to be in contention next season, yes. I've seen JR Hartley saying that he thinks Davies has played his last game for us but we'll see. I wonder if Burnley will come back in for him on their relegation or has that ship sailed?

Tsunoda too, in different circumstances, and maybe Adams, but King and Isaak Davies are ones I'd expect to be in contention next season, yes. I've seen JR Hartley saying that he thinks Davies has played his last game for us but we'll see. I wonder if Burnley will come back in for him on their relegation or has that ship sailed?
    I was going to mention Tsunoda but couldn’t remember how to spell his name lol.

I’m not sure Davies is as good as some people believe.

Tsunoda, Davies and Ojo all playing for Kortrijk today. 3-1 down against the league leaders at the moment. Davies with the goal.

I was going to mention Tsunoda but couldn’t remember how to spell his name lol.

I’m not sure Davies is as good as some people believe.
    He wasn't great last season but he came into it injured and just never got going. Even then, League 1 clubs wanted to take him on loan and, while it's hard to judge the level he's playing at in Belgium, he doesn't seem to be doing himself any harm at all out there. I'd like to have seen him brought back in January but the way things are going he's better off where he is.

These are big ifs but if the manager believes in him and if we play in a way that suits him I still think he's got a big part to play here but I respect your opinion and only time will tell.

He wasn't great last season but he came into it injured and just never got going. Even then, League 1 clubs wanted to take him on loan and, while it's hard to judge the level he's playing at in Belgium, he doesn't seem to be doing himself any harm at all out there. I'd like to have seen him brought back in January but the way things are going he's better off where he is.

These are big ifs but if the manager believes in him and if we play in a way that suits him I still think he's got a big part to play here but I respect your opinion and only time will tell.
    I would love him to do well, I really thought at one point he was the next big thing for us, but I’ve not seen the step up at all. I know the team in Belgium are struggling but Ugbos record out there was very impressive. I’m not sure 6 goals is enough. Time will tell, I hope he makes it with us, he has pace which we badly need. He certainly has enough to make a decent career.

There could be quite a few more depending on what division we're in.

Not our loan any more, but Jonathan Panzo seems to be struggling at Liege.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...forest-loanee/

Fagan-Walcott with another goal for Dunfermline.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Fagan-Walcott with another goal for Dunfermline.
    Jeezz he’s not far off our top scorers now.

Jeezz he’s not far off our top scorers now.
    2 in 2. Unheard of.
    https://twitter.com/AboutScotlandd/s...26417004146872

Now Benjamin's scored for them.

Love the celebration, good stuff.

Not much else to report. Starts for Adams and Rinomhota plus 90 minutes for Isaak Davies and Tsunoda but all in losing causes. Kortrijk lost the battle of best named subs too. They confidently brought on Kings Kangwa only for Mechelen to hit them with Nikola Storm, Boli Bolingoli, Bilal Bafdili and Patrick Phlucke. What can you do up against weaponry like that?

Keiron Evans started in another good win for Gateshead. Up to fifth now, just 6 points off second place with a game in hand (and now only 26 points off top spot with a game in hand. Stranger things have happened, although not that many).

James Crole has gone off the radar at Queen's Park. Having got a minute under his belt against Inverness he hasn't been in the squad since. Eli King was back for Ross County though, coming off the bench in a vital 3-2 win over Livingston. Having outplayed every Old Firm player in recent away defeats, according to the BBC reports, it should have been pretty straightforward to do the same against the bottom team, even with only twenty odd minutes on the pitch. And so it proved. The reporter gives a knee jerk man-of-the-match to someone just for scoring two goals halfway down this report but when it comes to the ratings at the end he realises his mistake and rightly gives it to Eli instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68324335

Not much else to report. Starts for Adams and Rinomhota plus 90 minutes for Isaak Davies and Tsunoda but all in losing causes. Kortrijk lost the battle of best named subs too. They confidently brought on Kings Kangwa only for Mechelen to hit them with Nikola Storm, Boli Bolingoli, Bilal Bafdili and Patrick Phlucke. What can you do up against weaponry like that?

Keiron Evans started in another good win for Gateshead. Up to fifth now, just 6 points off second place with a game in hand (and now only 26 points off top spot with a game in hand. Stranger things have happened, although not that many).

James Crole has gone off the radar at Queen's Park. Having got a minute under his belt against Inverness he hasn't been in the squad since. Eli King was back for Ross County though, coming off the bench in a vital 3-2 win over Livingston. Having outplayed every Old Firm player in recent away defeats, according to the BBC reports, it should have been pretty straightforward to do the same against the bottom team, even with only twenty odd minutes on the pitch. And so it proved. The reporter gives a knee jerk man-of-the-match to someone just for scoring two goals halfway down this report but when it comes to the ratings at the end he realises his mistake and rightly gives it to Eli instead.

Superb sub names in the Kortrijk match!
    Looks like it could be another disappointing loan for Crole.

Superb sub names in the Kortrijk match!
    Looks like it could be another disappointing loan for Crole.
    Just seen that Crole got injured in a B team game for them a couple of weeks ago so I'll assume that's the reason for his absence but the fact he was playing for the reserves in the first place isn't encouraging.

Just seen that Crole got injured in a B team game for them a couple of weeks ago so I'll assume that's the reason for his absence but the fact he was playing for the reserves in the first place isn't encouraging.
    No, not great.

Sounds like Eli King is going to be challenging for a starting spot next season (and probably would be if he were here now)

Xavier Benjamin at Dunfermline:

https://dafc.co.uk/xav-continues-his-scottish-tour/

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Sounds like Eli King is going to be challenging for a starting spot next season (and probably would be if he were here now)
    If the guy who does the BBC ratings was picking the team he'd be captain here already. I'd like to think Eli will be there or thereabouts next season but the central midfield situation will take a bit of sorting out.

Siopis lost his form quite early on, Wintle hasn't had the best of seasons and Ralls never seems fully fit these days. Even so, Adams and Rinomhota weren't able to dislodge them but the fact they've been picked up by (and are starting for) clubs not far below us on the EFL 'ladder' shows they're not total patzers. They both have a year left on their contracts, Wintle and Siopis two, Ralls' is up at the end of the season.

I've no idea how this will get resolved. It feels like we need a refresh there but I also feel King and Joel Colwill (if that ends up being his position) will have to show a lot from now and into pre-season if they want to make a spot their own. If Bulut's still here it's hard to imagine him blowing all the other five out to make room for them. I think I'd rather bet on Gateshead making up the 26 points gap on Chesterfield.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    So positive, must be a great guy to have around the place. Must've been a dent to his pride to go out on loan having been on the edge of the first team here for the first half of the season but he's reacted in the right way, good luck to him.

Thanks for posting that.

Interesting article here on our two lads at Dunfermline (if you can access it, The Courier isn't too user-friendly)

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/?post_t...0moves%20north.

I haven't seen Fagan-Walcott play but all the reports I've read make me think of Semi Ajayi. What Purse says about him in this article is pretty much word for word how you'd have described Ajayi when he came here from Arsenal (basically, remember what Darren Purse was like as a centre-half then imagine the complete opposite).

Interesting article here on our two lads at Dunfermline (if you can access it, The Courier isn't too user-friendly)

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/?post_t...0moves%20north.

I haven't seen Fagan-Walcott play but all the reports I've read make me think of Semi Ajayi. What Purse says about him in this article is pretty much word for word how you'd have described Ajayi when he came here from Arsenal (basically, remember what Darren Purse was like as a centre-half then imagine the complete opposite).
    By the same token, Purse could be talking about himself in some parts of the Xavier Benjamin section of the interview.

Eli King must be some player.
    After his recent ratings , I wasn't too surprised to see he had the MOM again last night in the Freiburg Bayern draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Eli King must be some player.
    After his recent ratings , I wasn't too surprised to see he had the MOM again last night in the Freiburg Bayern draw.
    Doubt he'll bother with a bunch of losers like Bayern after this loan spell. Another man-of-the-match performance today for Eli, with a 9.64 rating. Rather like Spinal Tap's amps, the BBC will need to take their ratings up to 11 before long.