+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Loan Report

Re: Loan Report

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    looking at the GBE calculator, that seems to say that he would currently qualify for a visa, with 19 or 20 points (you need 15 minimum) but I'm not sure they've got his details correct
    👍

Another goal for Keiron Evans last night as Gateshead beat Hartlepool 7-1 to go fourth in the National League. Hartlepool had a player named Luke Waterfall in their side, superb. Where's the nearest deed poll office?

Truro got involved in another Sisyphean task last night as they had a 400-mile round trip for their game with Dartford. Over a hundred miles less than their last two but still a lot for a home game, they played it at Gloucester City's Meadow Park. Ryan Kavanagh came on in the 93rd minute in a 0-0 draw. It rained all game too. As Fergie said, football - bloody hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Hartlepool had a player named Luke Waterfall in their side, superb. Where's the nearest deed poll office?
    Don't go chasing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Don't go chasing that.
    You may not have noticed but this is a highbrow football thread, don't lower the tone.

I'm glad you came back on, I've been meaning to reply to your post about Dunfermline's league. It's interesting how different formats can freshen things up but I guess there are pros and cons with all of them.

My lad plays in the England Hockey Premier Division, it makes the Belgian play-offs seem like noughts and crosses. I'll quickly run through it but my advice would be not to bother reading it. Do something useful instead and just put 'thanks, that was really interesting' after. I'm pretty gullible, I'll probably fall for it.

Twelve teams in the league, all play each once before Xmas. Then there's a break for the indoor season and they come back in February in two groups, top six and bottom six with the earlier points carried forward. They play each other once in each group. 16 games gone now in the regular season, three left.

The bottom four in the bottom six group now carry their points forward again into a relegation group. All play each other again and the bottom two get relegated. Fair enough. Cardiff look to have avoided the drop with a game to go and deservedly so.

However, it gets a bit funky at the top. The top two in the bottom six group join up with the top six to make two groups of four. No points carried forward so all teams are back on nought again (the bottom team in the top six group were 29 pts behind the leaders this season so happy days for them).

The teams in these groups of four now play each other once and the top two in each go through to the play off weekend in April. Two semi-finals on the Saturday. The winners each qualify for Europe next season and then play each other on the Sunday to decide the league winners.

They've broken the mould there, fair play.

Thanks, that was really baffling. So you could finish 8th at the second break and still qualify for Europe at the expense of the team in 1st? Eesh. Well, good luck to your lad, both in the hockey and any future therapy.

During the furore of the European Super League, there was much concern about the undermining of the domestic league and losing 6 big, rich teams who win all the trophies. But I thought it would be an opportunity to reformat the whole thing and do away with the interminable 46 game season.

Add 10 teams from the National League to make 96 and split them into 8 groups of 12, play each other twice and that's it. A winter break then a new season. Basically two seasons in one year, thus double the promotions, relegations and no meaningless games at Easter. Perfect for our easily bored, attention span resistant times.

But as we know, the ESL collapsed and the sacred, fair-minded traditions of English domestic football remain firmly in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Thanks, that was really baffling. So you could finish 8th at the second break and still qualify for Europe at the expense of the team in 1st? Eesh. Well, good luck to your lad, both in the hockey and any future therapy.

During the furore of the European Super League, there was much concern about the undermining of the domestic league and losing 6 big, rich teams who win all the trophies. But I thought it would be an opportunity to reformat the whole thing and do away with the interminable 46 game season.

Add 10 teams from the National League to make 96 and split them into 8 groups of 12, play each other twice and that's it. A winter break then a new season. Basically two seasons in one year, thus double the promotions, relegations and no meaningless games at Easter. Perfect for our easily bored, attention span resistant times.

But as we know, the ESL collapsed and the sacred, fair-minded traditions of English domestic football remain firmly in place.
    Yes, the team in 8th can qualify for Europe on the final Saturday then win the league on the Sunday. In the final group stage though, the highest ranked team get three home games, the second ranked two, the third one while the lowest gets three away games so the odds favour the teams who've had a better season up till then.

I like your system. The issue with the smaller leagues like Dunfermline's is that you play each side four times a season which must get a bit repetitive. One trip a year to Inverness, say, is surely ample. Could still happen in your system but there'd be more edge and rotation. Don't hold your breath waiting for it though.

One City player had a good day. Winning goal and a man-of-the-match performance for Ebou Adams at Derby. His value is going up, we've a decision to make at the end of the season.

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/de...-vs-blackpool/

One City player had a good day. Winning goal and a man-of-the-match performance for Ebou Adams at Derby. His value is going up, we've a decision to make at the end of the season.

Perfect loan for us, this. We can cash in (I think this is most likely) or he will come back a better player.

They are raving about him ah Derby.

Ebou Adams on playing through Ramadan:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68699246

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ebou Adams on playing through Ramadan:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68699246
    Thanks for that, very interesting.

Quick round-up of our loan players after a busy couple of days.

Ebou Adams has been mentioned already but there's no one else to start with really. He's making a big impact at Derby and yesterday's winner has put them six points clear of third place in the race for automatic promotion.

One phrase that struck me in the reports on his performance was 'bullish and energetic'. Wasn't that what Siopis was brought here for?

When Warnock came we already a number of centre halves with Morrison, Manga, Connolly and Halford here, plus Peltier if needed and Ajayi coming through. That didn't stop him bringing Bamba in and it turned out to be a key signing. It feels like a similar situation to our central midfield this season with Wintle, Ralls, Adams and Rinomhota here with King and Joel Colwill coming through. That didn't stop Bulut going out to get Siopis but it hasn't had quite the same impact (as yet), it's just muddied the waters if anything.

I haven't seen enough of Adams to have a particular opinion on him but it seems a bit ironic that the player who was brought here to provide the spark not just for our midfield but, presumably, the team as a whole was sitting on the bench for us yesterday while a player who's been forced out by his arrival was providing precisely that spark for another team in front of 30,000 adoring fans. Funny old game.

Another win for Dunfermline today, 3-2 at Arbroath, as they move into the play-off places. Another 90 minutes for Malachi Fagan-Walcott who was involved at both ends as a 3-0 lead was reduced after half time and led to Dunfermline hanging on for the three points. Xaviar Benjamin was on the bench but didn't get on. For anyone who's interested, the half time draw winning ticket number at the game was 82526.

A mixed bag elsewhere. Keiron Evans started for Gateshead in their 1-0 win over Rochdale, Jake Dennis played for Gloucester in their 1-1 draw with Brackley and 90 minutes for Ollie Denham as Sligo move up to second after a win at Waterford.

A few minutes for Chanka Zimba at Maidenhead and Andy Rinomhota came on for Rotherham but no squad places this week for Tom Davies, Eli King or James Crole and Joel Bagan didn't get off the bench for Zulte Waregem. No game for Kortrijk this week but they start the legendary Belgian play-offs next Sunday at Eupen. The relegation play-offs are comparatively straightforward, it should only take me a day or two to explain the rules when they start.

No pitch time for Ryan Kavanagh yesterday as Truro got a vital 3-2 win over Slough to move five points clear of the relegation zone. If you live in Truro and have been to their three games this week you'll have travelled around 1,400 miles, and two of them have been home games. Hopefully the four points gained have made it all worthwhile. Ok, your wife has now left you and taken the kids with her but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Thanks for that, very interesting.

Quick round-up of our loan players after a busy couple of days.

Ebou Adams has been mentioned already but there's no one else to start with really. He's making a big impact at Derby and yesterday's winner has put them six points clear of third place in the race for automatic promotion.

One phrase that struck me in the reports on his performance was 'bullish and energetic'. Wasn't that what Siopis was brought here for?

When Warnock came we already a number of centre halves with Morrison, Manga, Connolly and Halford here, plus Peltier if needed and Ajayi coming through. That didn't stop him bringing Bamba in and it turned out to be a key signing. It feels like a similar situation to our central midfield this season with Wintle, Ralls, Adams and Rinomhota here with King and Joel Colwill coming through. That didn't stop Bulut going out to get Siopis but it hasn't had quite the same impact (as yet), it's just muddied the waters if anything.

I haven't seen enough of Adams to have a particular opinion on him but it seems a bit ironic that the player who was brought here to provide the spark not just for our midfield but, presumably, the team as a whole was sitting on the bench for us yesterday while a player who's been forced out by his arrival was providing precisely that spark for another team in front of 30,000 adoring fans. Funny old game.

Another win for Dunfermline today, 3-2 at Arbroath, as they move into the play-off places. Another 90 minutes for Malachi Fagan-Walcott who was involved at both ends as a 3-0 lead was reduced after half time and led to Dunfermline hanging on for the three points. Xaviar Benjamin was on the bench but didn't get on. For anyone who's interested, the half time draw winning ticket number at the game was 82526.

A mixed bag elsewhere. Keiron Evans started for Gateshead in their 1-0 win over Rochdale, Jake Dennis played for Gloucester in their 1-1 draw with Brackley and 90 minutes for Ollie Denham as Sligo move up to second after a win at Waterford.

A few minutes for Chanka Zimba at Maidenhead and Andy Rinomhota came on for Rotherham but no squad places this week for Tom Davies, Eli King or James Crole and Joel Bagan didn't get off the bench for Zulte Waregem. No game for Kortrijk this week but they start the legendary Belgian play-offs next Sunday at Eupen. The relegation play-offs are comparatively straightforward, it should only take me a day or two to explain the rules when they start.

No pitch time for Ryan Kavanagh yesterday as Truro got a vital 3-2 win over Slough to move five points clear of the relegation zone. If you live in Truro and have been to their three games this week you'll have travelled around 1,400 miles, and two of them have been home games. Hopefully the four points gained have made it all worthwhile. Ok, your wife has now left you and taken the kids with her but you can't have your cake and eat it.
    Thanks for that.

Think King must be injured - if he has developed this season, and the reports I’ve read suggest he has, he should be involved in our first team squad next season.

Adams struggled in his one league start for us this season and was played out of position in the League Cup - he’s clearly doing enough at Derby to have earned another chance here, but I would have thought he’d prefer a move there, especially if they get promoted - was it in this thread that I read that Paul Warne had told a fans meeting that it was more unlikely than likely that Adams would be a Derby player next season?

Agree with you about Siopis.

You’d think Bagan should be getting more time at the level he’s playing at, I can see him being loaned out again next season.

Will the Belgian relegation play offs have finished by the time City report back for pre season training?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for that.

Think King must be injured - if he has developed this season, and the reports I’ve read suggest he has, he should be involved in our first team squad next season.

Adams struggled in his one league start for us this season and was played out of position in the League Cup - he’s clearly doing enough at Derby to have earned another chance here, but I would have thought he’d prefer a move there, especially if they get promoted - was it in this thread that I read that Paul Warne had told a fans meeting that it was more unlikely than likely that Adams would be a Derby player next season?

Agree with you about Siopis.

You’d think Bagan should be getting more time at the level he’s playing at, I can see him being loaned out again next season.

Will the Belgian relegation play offs have finished by the time City report back for pre season training?
    Kortrijk have to play the other three teams home and away. Points are carried forward from the league. Kortrijk's strong finish had taken them off the bottom and they've got the momentum although I assume Tsunoda will be a big loss for them. If they win the relegation group they stay up, if they finish 3rd or 4th they are relegated. If they finish 2nd they go into another play off against the team who win the league below's promotion play-off (which could be Bagan's team).

Bagan's form seems to have fallen away at the same time as the team's. He was a regular before Xmas, when they were top, but he's not getting much pitch time now. Not a good sign, still two years left on his contract here.

Eli King has had a groin injury recently so I wasn't surprised to see him out but I don't know about Tom Davies. He missed the second Wales under-21 game recently (Luey Giles was on the bench for that) so maybe he's had a niggle too. As with Crole, it's frustrating one of the left backs haven't pushed on here.

Adams made three starts for us in the league. One was at full back (at Boro) the other two against QPR and Hull. Well spread out. Bulut obviously wasn't too taken with him but hadn't discarded him either. Derby's position seems to be that the better he does there the less likely it'll be that they can afford him if we decide to sell. They play at Portsmouth on Tuesday, that'll be a good test for Adams.

Would be better for us if Kortrijk stay up from a future loans perspective.

A quick run through of the weekend's action for our loaned out players.

Not much to report really. I was looking to do a write-up on Gateshead getting to Wembley but Kieron Evans didn't get off the bench in their 2-1 FA Trophy semi-final win against Macclesfield. No worries, I'll fill the gap with some more Truro trivia instead. Isaak Davies got a goal in Kortrijk's draw with Eupen in the eagerly awaited Belgian play-offs, Derby didn't play this weekend but Ebou Adams had a good game in their 2-2 draw at Portsmouth last week.

Eli King is fit and working again, 90 minutes for Ross County in their 1-0 loss at Kilmarnock. Another busy 90 minutes for Malachi Fagan-Walcott as Dunfermline drew with Partick, he always seems to be involved at both ends of the pitch.

Two relegations this week. Andy Rinomhota started for Rotherham as they lost to Plymouth and Jake Dennis played for Gloucester but probably wished he hadn't as they lost 6-1 and drop out of the National League North.

That's pretty much it I think. No pitch time for Zimba, Benjamin or Bagan and no squad places for Tom Davies or James Crole (maybe I should file a missing person's report for him?). Ollie Denham's Sligo had their game called off.

No squad place for Ryan Kavanagh as Truro started their run of 4 games this week (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday) with a 2-1 home defeat against Torquay at Gloucester's ground tonight. For some perspective of the distances involved, that's roughly the equivalent of us playing a home game against Birmingham at Southend or Gillingham.

The Truro v Torquay game in 2019 produced the lowest home crowd in the history of the National League South. Truro were ground-sharing with Torquay that season and only had 52 fans at the game. Slightly outnumbered by Torquay's 'away' following of 2,760.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46731977

Fagan-Walcott scores for Dunfermline.

Rinomhota scored - for Swansea!
    His own goal gave them a 1-0 win against Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Fagan-Walcott scores for Dunfermline.
    Big loss for them today but Fagan-Walcott seems to have come out in credit again. As I've said a couple of times recently, he always seems to be involved at both ends of the pitch. I've never seen a report where he's made a costly mistake, he never gets subbed either. But he's not good enough for us to have even had a look at him this season. Even though we did have a look at Benjamin, who can't get a kick at Dunfermline. Go figure.

Whether it's Bulut or someone else, how many of our loaned out players do you think will be in the mix next season?

I think the full list is: Ollie Denham, Eli King, Isaak Davies, Joel Bagan, Andy Rinomhota, Ebou Adams, Ryotaro Tsunoda, Xavier Benjamin, James Crole, Malachi Fagan-Walcott, Tom Davies, Ryan Kavanagh, Sheyi Ojo, Kieron Evans, Chanka Zimba.

I think Ojo, Evans and Zimba are out of contract (not sure if there are others).

Some have had underwhelming loans.

Will the 'hot' players coming back into the fold be Eli King, Ebou Adams, Isaak Davies, Malachi Fagan-Walcott and Ryotaro Tsunoda?

Will Bulut (if he gets a new deal) use them?

(And the Academy players in and around the first team this season?)

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Whether it's Bulut or someone else, how many of our loaned out players do you think will be in the mix next season?

I think the full list is: Ollie Denham, Eli King, Isaak Davies, Joel Bagan, Andy Rinomhota, Ebou Adams, Ryotaro Tsunoda, Xavier Benjamin, James Crole, Malachi Fagan-Walcott, Tom Davies, Ryan Kavanagh, Sheyi Ojo, Kieron Evans, Chanka Zimba.

I think Ojo, Evans and Zimba are out of contract (not sure if there are others).

Some have had underwhelming loans.

Will the 'hot' players coming back into the fold be Eli King, Ebou Adams, Isaak Davies, Malachi Fagan-Walcott and Ryotaro Tsunoda?

Will Bulut (if he gets a new deal) use them?

(And the Academy players in and around the first team this season?)
    Funnily enough, I was in the process of asking you something a couple of hours ago but my dinner was ready and you took second place. I was wondering if the club still do their own loan reports, you haven't put any up lately. It must be hard for them to put a positive spin on things.

The weird thing is, it's not so much the underwhelming loans that are the problem for me (other than the fact we've just given Joel Bagan a three year contract but he's struggling for game time in the Belgian second division). Even where the players are doing well it begs a few questions.

The situation at Dunfermline seems farcical to me. Both Fagan-Walcott and Benjamin are out of contract here at the end of the season and Fagan-Walcott was saying he just wanted to put his name out there when he arrived at Dunfermline, as though he was looking for a new club. Even if we turn round and offer him a new deal now will it be a case of once bitten twice shy for him?

Isaak Davies is going from strength to strength at Kortrijk but with the issues we've had up front it seems like we could've used him here this season and a loan spell might have been more beneficial for the younger Etete. Easy to say with hindsight though. It's been a terrific loan and, hopefully, we'll reap the benefits next season.

While it's hard to question the way we've dealt with Eli King so far, the success of his and Ebou Adams' loan spells does make you question the signing of Siopis if we've already got quality in that position. It feels that Siopis needs to start having the same kind of impact that Adams is having at Derby, especially if King (and Joel Colwill) don't make progress here and Adams moves on and becomes a successful Championship player.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Derby fans really loving Ebou Adams
    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...-adams-9226380
    Thanks for that.

A good rating, and write-up, for him at the weekend. As usual.

Ebou Adams: Was full of blood and thunder in the middle of the pitch and he has been such a transformative signing since arriving from Cardiff in January. Derby would probably have been up by now if he'd been here all season. 8

I could say that Derby got the blood and thunder while we got left with the thud and blunder but I'm better than that.

Thanks for that.

A good rating, and write-up, for him at the weekend. As usual.

Ebou Adams: Was full of blood and thunder in the middle of the pitch and he has been such a transformative signing since arriving from Cardiff in January. Derby would probably have been up by now if he'd been here all season. 8

I could say that Derby got the blood and thunder while we got left with the thud and blunder but I'm better than that.
    I know people will laugh it off as a league one partnership and whatever else they have to say, but do you think Adams and King could play behind Colwill/Turnbull/Ramsey? both seem to be energetic box to box types with the legs to run in the middle all day long, by all accounts neither of them are slow. Can't comment on their passing ability mind you..

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I know people will laugh it off as a league one partnership and whatever else they have to say, but do you think Adams and King could play behind Colwill/Turnbull/Ramsey? both seem to be energetic box to box types with the legs to run in the middle all day long, by all accounts neither of them are slow. Can't comment on their passing ability mind you..
    absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    if these players had been here instead of out on loan I'd guess they would be getting as much abuse as the current midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    if these players had been here instead of out on loan I'd guess they would be getting as much abuse as the current midfielders.
    Asking based on their performances for their respective loan clubs.