+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prostate Cancer Waiting Times

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Prostate Cancer Waiting Times

Unfortunately I’ve spent too much time in hospitals over the last 2 months and the extremes I’ve witnessed have been shocking.

On one hand 21 ambulances queueing at A&E, the crew that took my mum in said they’d had waits of 11, 9 & 8 hours in the previous 3 days. The waste of resource & skills is shocking. They told me wards are closed due to lack of staff, therefore no beds, so the ambulances can’t discharge.

Yesterday I was in a 10 bed ward, there was only myself & 1 other patient but there were 5 staff on the ward. My mum was in a 10 bed ward with 15 staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Unfortunately I’ve spent too much time in hospitals over the last 2 months and the extremes I’ve witnessed have been shocking.

On one hand 21 ambulances queueing at A&E, the crew that took my mum in said they’d had waits of 11, 9 & 8 hours in the previous 3 days. The waste of resource & skills is shocking. They told me wards are closed due to lack of staff, therefore no beds, so the ambulances can’t discharge.

Yesterday I was in a 10 bed ward, there was only myself & 1 other patient but there were 5 staff on the ward. My mum was in a 10 bed ward with 15 staff.
    The wards were closed during covid and probably never opened again?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Seems lots of staff when I was in the heath recently visiting. Also my mum currently in llandough, the ward is never full, always a few spaces, never seen that before this time of year….