+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dry Robes

Dry Robes

GLC putting their own brand of humour on the 'fashion' phenomenon of the winter

https://youtu.be/WHgHGXwQTwo?si=k0SF3naeiU5tfhaO

Re: Dry Robes

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

"The symbol of status you can wear, made like a bin bag full of pubic hair"

Wonderful

Lovely stuff.

Aren’t they just a material version of ponchos that are given out at football matches?

FWIW , last week at my kids football game in Pouring rain a few were wearing them and I was quite envious.

People who wear these need shooting

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    People who wear these need shooting
    They are not a fashion item , bro

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    They are not a fashion item , bro
    Bra

Dryrobeaphobics !

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Aren’t they just a material version of ponchos that are given out at football matches?

FWIW , last week at my kids football game in Pouring rain a few were wearing them and I was quite envious.
    I have friends who use them after their daily dips in the sea. I was persuaded to join them in the briny on Christmas Day - and being a shivering wreck after getting back on the beach I found out why the robes are popular!

I see lots of women wearing them dog walking, seems a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have friends who use them after their daily dips in the sea. I was persuaded to join them in the briny on Christmas Day - and being a shivering wreck after getting back on the beach I found out why the robes are popular!
    Just a modern day fashion trend, akin to Pack a Mack’s

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bra
    Trust you to bring women’s underwear into it!!!!!!

They're just baggy coats with a bit of toweling interior i presume. Good for keeping warm immediately after being in water but that's it. Are these an actual fashion trend or are GLC trying to start one?

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    They're just baggy coats with a bit of toweling interior i presume. Good for keeping warm immediately after being in water but that's it. Are these an actual fashion trend or are GLC trying to start one?
    They're becoming popular in places other than the beach. Wearing them is the modern day equivalent of wearing pyjamas to Tesco.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They're becoming popular in places other than the beach. Wearing them is the modern day equivalent of wearing pyjamas to Tesco.
    I came across quite a sight in the queue at Boots yesterday. Mother and daughter with their hair in enormous curlers, sporting Groucho Marx-like eyebrows and botoxed lips. I felt almost natural.....

The beach is what they’re for to be fair and they’re (or non branded ones) a good idea for changing. But not for just general day to day wear

I came across quite a sight in the queue at Boots yesterday. Mother and daughter with their hair in enormous curlers, sporting Groucho Marx-like eyebrows and botoxed lips. I felt almost natural.....
    Almost?

they have been around for years, yes Dryrobes appear to have made them " trendy " this year, I saw similar things in Austrailia as a surf changing robe in the 90's, I always thought Dryrobe copied the idea from them, though I do know that the guy who setup Dryrobes mum made him something like the dryrobe in the 90's for christmas when he was surfing, maybe she got the idea from Australia ? ?

Myself and the girls have GUL ones from maybe 10 years ago ( though the youngest is way too small now ) got them from Anns cottage on Polzeath beach

they work very well, get out the sea, pull down your top 1/2 of your wetsuit and sling it on, lovely and toasty

Dryrobe made a big push in the market, maybe 6 - 7 year ago in the club swimming scene, they were selling them cheap as chips at big swim meets, they also work well for that, get out the pool after a race, put your dry robe on, 5 mins, you are dry and take it off, thought the plain towelling robes imho are better for that

I also got us ( the football team I coach ) 2 cheap ones from Primark for our subs for when its raining, the girls love them in that aspect ( though a few now have dryrobe branded ones, but they are the same type who now bring drinks in a " Stanley Quencher " but that will be another rant for a few I guess )

Though saying all of the above, we only use them if surfing or SUP'ing, though I can see the attraction of them being used as day to day coats, they are warm, they are waterproof , trouble is, they look like you should be getting changed in them down the beach, but better than being cold and wet I guess, fashion is a strange thing, one day you must have it, the next you are being mocked for it

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    they have been around for years, yes Dryrobes appear to have made them " trendy " this year, I saw similar things in Austrailia as a surf changing robe in the 90's, I always thought Dryrobe copied the idea from them, though I do know that the guy who setup Dryrobes mum made him something like the dryrobe in the 90's for christmas when he was surfing, maybe she got the idea from Australia ? ?

Myself and the girls have GUL ones from maybe 10 years ago ( though the youngest is way too small now ) got them from Anns cottage on Polzeath beach

they work very well, get out the sea, pull down your top 1/2 of your wetsuit and sling it on, lovely and toasty

Dryrobe made a big push in the market, maybe 6 - 7 year ago in the club swimming scene, they were selling them cheap as chips at big swim meets, they also work well for that, get out the pool after a race, put your dry robe on, 5 mins, you are dry and take it off, thought the plain towelling robes imho are better for that

I also got us ( the football team I coach ) 2 cheap ones from Primark for our subs for when its raining, the girls love them in that aspect ( though a few now have dryrobe branded ones, but they are the same type who now bring drinks in a " Stanley Quencher " but that will be another rant for a few I guess )

Though saying all of the above, we only use them if surfing or SUP'ing, though I can see the attraction of them being used as day to day coats, they are warm, they are waterproof , trouble is, they look like you should be getting changed in them down the beach, but better than being cold and wet I guess, fashion is a strange thing, one day you must have it, the next you are being mocked for it
    The last paragraph is spot on, why should anyone else care what someone else wears.

Stick Visit Malaysia and a Cardiff City badge on them and you’d see plenty down the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

they'll never top "your mother's got a penis"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Almost?
    Yes. The Prince Albert was weighing heavily on me.