+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erol Bulut calls for patience from fans after defeat to Preston

Re: Erol Bulut calls for patience from fans after defeat to Preston

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Bulut talks about the top three in your list if I remember correctly.

As I said in my post we weren't good enough to get the win (or draw) - but we were in a position in each of those games where we should have held onto a scoreboard advantage (the Norwich game), used our possession and chances after they scored to take points (West Brom - the opposite of our win at Watford) or turned possession and momentum into points (the QPR game).
    I wasn't talking about luck. In each of those games I reckon we got what we deserved.

What possession and momentum against QPR? We were crap. They went 2-0 up, deservedly so. We scored with 12 minutes to go and had some of our best chances afterwards, but to go 2-0 down at home is asking for trouble.

West Brom - chances after they scored? We didn't manage one on target after they went ahead and, like it or loathe it, the combined xG for all the 6 attempts we managed after they scored tallies to 0.11. We didn't create anything like a semi decent opportunity. Deserved defeat.

Norwich - if we deserve credit for the away games where we've won from behind, how can we not give Norwich credit for what they did to us? For 25 minutes in the second half, we didn't muster a single shot on goal until they went 3-2 up, them having 11 attempts on goal and Alnwich making 6 saves.

Now I appreciate those might be Bulut's comments, but they don't stand up to any scrutiny at all. In fact, the more he speaks, the more I wonder what he's on about.

Re: Erol Bulut calls for patience from fans after defeat to Preston

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I wasn't talking about luck. In each of those games I reckon we got what we deserved.
    I know that’s what you reckon. You said.

I don’t disagree - I said we didn’t do enough to get points. But I agree with Bulut that those were games or game situations where we should have got more. Not deserved more but should have been able to get a better result. I think Bulut believes we were unlucky in those games. I don’t.

But I also don’t go along with the view that we deserve it when we lose but are lucky when we win - which was the point of my original post. I want to understand what is going on with the team and why the early season promise has gone. That can’t happen if we won’t go past: we are crap, the players are crap, the board is crap, the manager is crap - League One here we come!

Anyway, said my piece even if I’m in a small minority. I’m out.