+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaving early

Leaving early

I left on 75 minutes today. I knew we weren't going to score or get anything from the game. My wife was driving and she had her elderly mother with her, so I thought it would be fairer on her to get home that bit earlier.

Mark Poyser, commentating on Radio Wales, said he'd never seen the ground so empty with 5 minutes to go. It took us an age to get out of the car park. Yes, there was the rugby on, which might have encouraged a few to leave, but was it really a case that most fans decided to leave so early?

Re: Leaving early

Left on 80 mins no rush to get anywhere just pointless standing there watching more crap.

I'll go one better. I didn't even go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'll go one better. I didn't even go.
    You lucky bastard

I’ve been going to football matches since the late 70s, can count the number of times I’ve left early in single figures. Left around 85 minutes today as I couldn’t face watching another set of opposing fans celebrating at our ground. I think the manager will get things right eventually but the passive approach at homes games currently is tough to watch.

I was at home comfortably on my couch and I stopped watching at 70-odd minutes. It was miserable. After a good 30 minutes in the first half we just fell apart.

Come on guys ff sake

We were amongst fans numbering less than 2500 in the dungeon days

People not only would sometimes leave at half time many wouldn't bother at all

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I was at home comfortably on my couch and I stopped watching at 70-odd minutes. It was miserable. After a good 30 minutes in the first half we just fell apart.
    Out of interest what time are you watching our 3 pm kick offs ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Same time as us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I left on 75 minutes today. I knew we weren't going to score or get anything from the game. My wife was driving and she had her elderly mother with her, so I thought it would be fairer on her to get home that bit earlier.

Mark Poyser, commentating on Radio Wales, said he'd never seen the ground so empty with 5 minutes to go. It took us an age to get out of the car park. Yes, there was the rugby on, which might have encouraged a few to leave, but was it really a case that most fans decided to leave so early?
    I left my settee early, very painful watch.

He’s about 5/6 hours behind so 9 or 10am?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    He’s about 5/6 hours behind so 9 or 10am?
    More civilised than I imagined

I don’t think I’ve ever left as early as today, was around 85 minutes. A4232 was dead. I presume because so many left ages before me

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

People do what they need to do, in reverse if people left early at Deepdale they would have missed out.

Didnt go today but I’ve only left a game early once and that was at half time because I needed to and knew I’d need to before the game but still wanted to go.

10am.

I'm 62 and have been going to football matches since I was 10. I've only left early once and I missed being 4-1 down being turned into a 4-4 draw.
    Since then I stay till the end....you never know what you might miss

I always stay until the end.

we stayed till the end, the idea was, by the time we got out, most had gone ( and I have never left early, how would we feel if the players went early or didnt turn up at all ), so getting out down Hadfield rd would be much easier, drove to Barry, saw my mum, did a shop for her, did her meds, home at 10pm, a bloody long day and I just hope I dont have many more Saturdays off from coaching, as im not sure I can cope with it

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    I always stay until the end.
    must be torture

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    must be torture
    Didn't go today, currently in hospital. Would've stayed until the end though.
    Bulut out! He's far too defensive and seems to have run out of ideas. Surely we can do better than Bulut

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we stayed till the end, the idea was, by the time we got out, most had gone ( and I have never left early, how would we feel if the players went early or didnt turn up at all ), so getting out down Hadfield rd would be much easier, drove to Barry, saw my mum, did a shop for her, did her meds, home at 10pm, a bloody long day and I just hope I dont have many more Saturdays off from coaching, as im not sure I can cope with it
    It’s because the players didn’t turn up at all (again) that so many people left early

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Didn't go today, currently in hospital. Would've stayed until the end though.
    Bulut out! He's far too defensive and seems to have run out of ideas. Surely we can do better than Bulut
    He's doing a better job than most of our recent managers

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    must be torture
    No because i like watching football

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    He's doing a better job than most of our recent managers
    Surely Not going by recent form

I stay till the end, to avoid the rush.